Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure how many people they selected to beta test this new version of Facebook, but it's basically the main site de-cluttered...a HUGE improvement over the current main site from what I've seen.

The big plus? It looks good and is functional on the Pre too! You can see your friends' updates, make comments and "like" them.

No Farm Ville, Vampire, Mafia or quiz crap filling my screen also makes me hope they replace heavy.facebook.com with this new lite format.
    I like it.
    still have to pinch and zoom
    so therefore dedicated app would b better
    I don't care as much about Facebook as some people here, the Synergy Facebook stuff is enough for me as it is. But, I think that the main complaint here will be no Chat capability.
    Wow. That sure is lite! I just get a blank white screen in my browser window
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    facebook without all the bs. like it should be.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't care as much about Facebook as some people here, the Synergy Facebook stuff is enough for me as it is. But, I think that the main complaint here will be no Chat capability.
    Agreed. It's not a perfect solution, but it does seem to incorporate the important parts of x.facebook.com and FriendsFlow. Personally I've been using the latter more since I'm primarily interested in seeing what my friends are up to and making the occasional comments. I think I've used the chat capability a total of 5 times, so that omission on the lite site isn't a big deal for me.

Give me the ability to control which one of my FB friends get added as contacts and I'll be thrilled.
    I like it... I usually use m.facebook.com , which is a bit limited... this seems like a happy medium. x.facebook.com is pretty much useless.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just want to be able to put pics from my Pre on to my comments or status updates. BTW, I use FriendsFlow and I love it, just not able to put pics onto Facebook from my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by alltrippy View Post
    I just want to be able to put pics from my Pre on to my comments or status updates. BTW, I use FriendsFlow and I love it, just not able to put pics onto Facebook from my pre.

in friends flow is the build up yet to checking your notes and stuff yet?
    That's the same as the original facebook, the only I can see is dis page have less stuff.... I use friends flow to check my notifications and facebook.com to check new app posts and things like da
    This is nice and all. Not much different from mobile or iphone facebook. We still need a dedicated facebook app with chat like the iphone one.

I have tried friends flow a few times but promptly removed it as it just takes up space with no reall added features.
    Thanks for the tip! It looks great in landscape mode and the font size is adequate.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    "HTML Browsers i.e "regular cell phones"....webkit- Priceless..I'll be sticking to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook until a dedicated app can match it 100%. Pinch and Zoom so what that's why they created the feature. The other version's of the site is for dumb down phones with internet access not capable of our browsers so why degrade our excellent browser,
    I only want a dedicated app because unfortunately my cell phone doesn't have the same size screen as my laptop but it does render generally speaking the same so why fault the phone, I mean it IS just a cell phone

- Luv Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    "HTML Browsers i.e "regular cell phones"....webkit- Priceless..I'll be sticking to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook until a dedicated app can match it 100%. Pinch and Zoom so what that's why they created the feature. The other version's of the site is for dumb down phones with internet access not capable of our browsers so why degrade our excellent browser,
    I only want a dedicated app because unfortunately my cell phone doesn't have the same size screen as my laptop but it does render generally speaking the same so why fault the phone, I mean it IS just a cell phone

- Luv Pre
    no, actually thats the whole purpose, like u because it is just a cell phone, we want the site to be cell phone friendly, easily to navigate,without having to use multi-touch. I mean obviously NONE of this would be an issue if we were talking about desktop computer screen
    Seems half baked and reeks of desperation on facebook's part. trying way too hard to one-up twitter. If people wanted twitter they would use it.
    If you go into m.facebook.com (or somewhere within the full site, but can't remember where it is) you can get a specific email address that you can send pictures to. Then, on your pre create a new email, attach your photo, put that email address in the too (better yet, create a contact with it first), and the subject of the message becomes the comment on the picture. Takes maybe a minute for facebook to post the picture.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Seems half baked and reeks of desperation on facebook's part. trying way too hard to one-up twitter. If people wanted twitter they would use it.
    I thought this was more of a throwback to how Facebook used to look before they added a ton of useless junk to it.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    You can directly upload pictures from the pre to facebook from the photo application. In the photo app just to go preferences & accounts. It lets you add a facebook or photobucket account. Once that's done you can just upload pictures to facebook. The drawback is that you can't make any comments from the phone. But it does save you the step of emailing.
    upload them through the photos app and then use m.facebook.com if you want to make comments about them.. really not that hard i have uploaded at least 100 pics from this summer by now.

also fyi if people didnt realize it you can also upload your pics straight from your phone to photobucket
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast