Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone read this article about cell phone radiation levels?

Cell phones and radiation: 10 best and 10 worst | Yahoo! Green

It shows the complete List of phones here.

| Environmental Working Group

It shows that Sprint and Verizon Wireless currently carry the Palm Pre.

It is the 54th one down on the list.
  2.    #3  
    I was surprised that it showed that Sprint and Verizon Wireless are carriers.
    Wow looks like anyone who owns a blackberry or iphone will likely grow a tumor out of their ears! Lol
    Give this to your friend or family member that needs a good reason to switch to the Pre
    Yeah I saw this today after hearing about it on the radio and was surprised to see the Pre in the better-than-average group considering a lot of the other smartphones are way down on the list.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Here is the biggest question

Does the Pre have less radiation with the phone open or closed?

With it closed there is a mirror that may reflect energy. With it open there is a metal plate inside. Since all sound waves are light (seen or unseen) I would think at the wavelength of cell phones it would do something yet I could be wrong.
    I'd rather have a little more radiation and a little better coverage.
  8.    #9  
    A little radiation never hurt anyone...right?
    Me Fail English? That's Unpossible!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    A little radiation never hurt anyone...right?

Sure it kills cancer cells rather effectively... and all cells around the cancer cells. Radiation is good!
    non-issue. use a bluetooth headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Unless later we find out that the bluetooth radiation is worse for you
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    They will probably find that the Bluetooth light blinking is damaging your brain slowly also.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Here is the biggest question

Does the Pre have less radiation with the phone open or closed?

With it closed there is a mirror that may reflect energy. With it open there is a metal plate inside. Since all sound waves are light (seen or unseen) I would think at the wavelength of cell phones it would do something yet I could be wrong.
    The antenna for the Pre is on the back half of the phone (the gold looking stuff when you take off the battery door). So I doubt that open or closed would make any difference. The path to your head is through a bunch of stuff either way.

And forgive me for being nit-picky, but we can't let this one stand: sound waves are not light. Radio waves are indeed electromagnetic radiation, just like visible light, but at significantly different frequency (and interact with objects differently--what is transparent for radio waves may not be transparent for visible light and vice-versa). Sound waves are vibrations in the air and are not at all electromagnetic radiation whatsoever.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    And forgive me for being nit-picky, but we can't let this one stand: sound waves are not light. Radio waves are indeed electromagnetic radiation, just like visible light, but at significantly different frequency (and interact with objects differently--what is transparent for radio waves may not be transparent for visible light and vice-versa). Sound waves are vibrations in the air and are not at all electromagnetic radiation whatsoever.
    that did need saying, though maybe the poster had a freudian slip of the fingers and meant it more correct like.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    meh, this stuff is borderline junk science. Continually reading articles like this will do more to hurt your IQ than "cell phone radiation".

That being said, if it turns out to be true, I hope my head glows in the dark.
    Hehe: phones better than Iphone, thats a long list. Get a Safer Phone | Lower Radiation Phones | Environmental Working Group

Just felt like throwing this article into the mix:

New study evaluates cell phone radiation - WFAA's Computer Corner

They mention:
    CTIA, the wireless industry's lobbying group, offers this reassurance to consumers: "The scientific evidence and expert reviews from leading global heath organizations such as the American Cancer Society, National Cancer Institute, World Health Organization, and the United States Food and Drug Administration reflect a consensus based on published scientific research showing there is no reason for concern."
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Since all sound waves are light (seen or unseen) ... [snip]
    Sound waves are atomic or molecular vibration energy. Light is a form of electromagnetic energy.

Sound travels at 343 meters/second in air at 20C; light at 299,792,458 meters/second.

Not the same. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Sound waves are atomic or molecular vibration energy. Light is a form of electromagnetic energy.

Sound travels at 343 meters/second in air at 20C; light at 299,792,458 meters/second.

Not the same. Not even close.
    Ok..pre'ers I got it ...mis spoke late at night without good thought.
    Once is a correction, twice is telling me I don't read or don't respect members which I do. thank you for your input.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast