Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    bought my first one at a bestbuy near me and it had over 20 dead pixels (was a newer build too because it already had 1.1 on it). traded that one in right away and got the last one they had at the store -_- it seemed to be better but it has a nasty dead pixel and light leak in the bottom left corner. had to go to a bestbuy a little bit further and the first 2 pres they gave me had a dead pixel (I HATE DEAD PIXELS) so when the 3rd one didn't i was quite happy. this 5th pre seems like its going to be the best one; it slides nicely, doesnt wobble much, has a SLIGHT dead pixel i only found when looking intensely while it was starting up. so the point of my story is: DONT ACCEPT A PRE WITH ISSUES, return it until you get one that works for you, it will eventually happen (:
    way to stick with it
  3.    #3  
    im a hardcore pre fan and have been since January! i bought a blackberry bold in may to convince myself the pre sucks and then the plans were just TOO GOOD to resist and now im in love with the thing <3
    What was wrong with 3 and 4?
    Sounds like Sprint is off loading all the crap units to Best Buy
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    This story just reminded me of when I was a kid a bought a remote control car, played with it for a day, exchanged it for a different one, played with that one for a day and then did it a third time. lolol
  7.    #7  
    numbers 3 & 4 had a nasty dead pixel in both of them lol and i dont think sprint is purposely sending bestbuy corrupted ones >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Sounds like Sprint is off loading all the crap units to Best Buy
    best buy only sells over priced crap
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post

true dat!!!
    I'm currently on my seventh pre since its release....
    i cant even remember what happened to each one but some hinge problems, dead pixels, random shutdowns, and screen discoloration
    I am on my 4th, mostly hardware issues.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    those dead pixels are supposed to be there
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    OMG where are all the ALIVE Pixels!....I hope you guys get insurance policies for all these deaths, here in a minute some of you will be rather rich!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    those dead pixels are supposed to be there
    no those are calibration dots, big difference lol. the dead pixels shine this obnoxious green color when the device turns on and off.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    anyone have a screen shot or pic of dead pixels?
    Well if it's any consolation, when the PSP first came out, the had a TON of hw issues with them. (power issues, dead screens, dead pixels, brightness issues, off colors, etc.)

My friend (who's anal about perfection like the OP), went through 4 of them trying to find a perfect one and had to settle for one with 1 dead pixel in the corner.
    What's a slightly dead pixel?

I find it inconceivable that someone would return over 1 dead pixel, which you'll never see under normal circumstances. But to each his own, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    It's not that over-priced, and if you use the reward zone program it's well worth it. I've accumulated over $300 in certificates already this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I find it inconceivable that someone would return over 1 dead pixel, which you'll never see under normal circumstances. But to each his own, I guess.
    I'm not so sure. I had 1 dead pixel on my 2nd Pre and while I exchanged it for another reason, I found it noticeable on almost all backgrounds and incredibly annoying.

They actually have ways of detecting dead pixels when screens are manufactured but it's unfortunate no company does it and just accepts a certain amount. I understand their reasoning; it would be incredibly expensive since they would lose about 30% of the screens that are manufactured but it really detracts from the device when you have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It's not that over-priced, and if you use the reward zone program it's well worth it. I've accumulated over $300 in certificates already this year.
    No, it is overpriced. My Wife and I were part of "reward zone" and even with using that, we found that we ended up spending almost double what we would have spent had we purchased everything through Amazon or NewEgg (this was over a period of several months).

Convenience has its price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast