1.    #1  
    sprint is having network issues in my area and my replacement pre has 1.0 on it so is there a way to update using my mac so i can sync with itunes?
    If you have WIFI, you can download 1.1 through there.

What version of iTunes do you have? The recently released version 9 breaks iTunes syncing. Any version before 9 will work with 1.1.

Good luck...
  3.    #3  
    i have 8.2.1 so im good lol and im surprised that this pre has a more solid build than ANY of the other pres ive had (4 others) and its an older one lol. hopefully i can go for a walk with my friend and find a wifi point (:
    also you could use doubletwist.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm confused... what exactly are you trying to do? WebOS updates over-the-air, so your computer isn't involved. 3G or wifi, the Pre will download the update over either. It's the Pre you need to update, not the Mac.

Edit: sorry, didn't see that you're having network issues. Does you Mac have an airport card? If it does, you can create a ad-hoc network with it. Open up the Network pane in System Preferences and enable internet sharing, then hit the airport menu to create a network.

Another option is to download the current WebOS doctor from Palm and use that to wipe your phone. It will install the latest 1.1 build fresh. I wouldn't do that unless you haven't customized anything yet, in which case you don't have much to lose.
  6.    #6  
    well i ended up updating via wifi that i found right near my window lol, thanks for all the help guys!