Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I wanted to post this to the homebrew forum, but have insufficient rights, so here goes:

Is there already, or is it possible to create an app that lets you turn your camera on without the Geotag feature? I would prefer to leave the Geotag set to on in the location menu, but to bypass it with a fast open camera app. Presently, with Geotag off, my camera comes up for use almost immediately. With Geotag on, it can take up to 10 seconds for it to open, and the photo opp is usually gone.

Sorry if this has been covered and I missed it. Perhaps a link to the thread?

Thanks in advance,
    Max
    I havent seen such an app.
    But if you don't want to geotag the images, why would you leave it enabled in the location menu? It isn't being used for other things.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I havent seen such an app.
    But if you don't want to geotag the images, why would you leave it enabled in the location menu? It isn't being used for other things.

The majority of the time I "do" want geotag on. It's just those few times something crazy happens, and you need to catch it quick, that I don't want to wait for the phone to figure out where I am. Sporting arena's are the worst, especially when I have no signal or am under a metal roof.

If I turn Geotag off in the menu, I'm gonna forget to turn it back on. Hence the request.

Thanks.