Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for some reason palm pre doesn't support the biggest elephant in the room like they do the mice in the corner. don't get me wrong nothing against google or google maps or gtalk aim and now yahoo. But i cant get past the fact that i cant add bing as my default search service of choose. for one i check traffic every morning on my way to work, google maps can't keep up with the traffic like bing maps does. Hotmail sucks on the pre and its web base mail. I get email far to late. and as far as messenger goes all of my contacts are on msn. now this might be a microsoft issue but i still want what i want. I hope Palm and Precentral are reading
    I would like MSN Messenger support. But I'm happy with Google searching.
    you can get your hot mail any time you want just set ur pre to get it more often lol my pre is synced with my hot mail and pulls it just fine.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    People still use MSN messanger?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you can get your hot mail any time you want just set ur pre to get it more often lol my pre is synced with my hot mail and pulls it just fine.

The only issue with checking more often is the battery. Constantly checking for email every 5 minutes can drain the battery faster than some would like. Having push setup for hotmail might fix the issue.

Also, MSN messenger support would be wonderful. However, I'm not a fan of how the messaging app currently works. Sometimes I would like to use MSN, but stay offline on AIM and/or GTalk. It's not simple to do this at the moment, unless you completely remove the other accounts. I hope this is changed to allow different status' for different IM accounts before adding in Y!IM, MSN, and the many other IM networks.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    +1. I use Twitter for everything related to messaging and Skype for video/phone calls.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    MSN Messenger is huge world wide. Why? Because it comes built-in with the Windows Operating system and it doesn't require a new installation. Also, in many work places you are not allow to install new apps, but if MSN Messenger is already there, then you can use it. Another good point is that MSN Messenger is integrated with the XBOX 360 and has allowed you to do web conferences since ages... So yeah, MSN is the big elephant of the chatting world.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    but the other problem is that i have folder on my hotmail that get auto sorted as soon as they are sent to my account pop 3 does not pick up the additional folders, so this is where the biggest problem is
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I would like MSN Messenger support. But I'm happy with Google searching.
    its not really the search its more the bing maps, when using bing i told where there is traffic and how long it will last, unlike google maps which shows green well i am sitting in traffic.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have my Hotmail forwarded to my Gmail account(did that right after I got the phone on release day since there was an initial issue with it) and it works like a charm. I have my Gmail set to As It Arrives and I get my Hotmail emails without any issue. The workaround is on one of the threads on the forum, just do a search for it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    but the other problem is that i have folder on my hotmail that get auto sorted as soon as they are sent to my account pop 3 does not pick up the additional folders, so this is where the biggest problem is
    Have you tried IMAP? Does hotmail support it?
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The last industry figures I saw said it was used by more than 300 million people per month - but hey, three people here don't use it, so there is no demand...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I looked it up once. MSN has like 400 million active users? It's one of, if not the biggest out there. I'm from Europe and it's possibly even bigger there. They just added Yahoo and LinkedIn, but MSN.. Palm?

I know MSN = Microsoft WinMo = competitor.
    But Gtalk = Google Android = competitor.
    (to speak in geek)

I just saw the new Motorola Android phone has better (?) integrated messaging and user integration than webOS. I mean, it's a great idea. But it's not implemented fully. Motorola beats them with their first Android device?

Synergy should support the biggest players out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    lmao. It's the most popular IM client in the world. Everyone I know uses it and nothing else.
    Same. I only use Hotmail (@msn.com address) and Windows Live Messenger
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I too would like to see MSN Messenger added to the Pre, along with the ability to choose which search engine is used. My biggest reason for using Bing is purely to spur competition in some small way.
    In the US, messaging services like AIM have always been more popular. But throughout the rest of the world, perhaps due to lack of alternatives (like someone mentioned, the program comes default with each Windows installation) MSN remains the most popular. I know for a fact such is the case in Latin America. I live in Puerto Rico and everyone I know who chats online has MSN, but not AIM or Yahoo. A lot of 'em have Skype.

I would very much like MSN Messenger to be integrated into Synergy; in the meantime I use Meebo and it's worked quite well. However, it's frustrating that if I don't have the card up I have no idea that I've received a message, and if I close the card I won't receive messages at all.

As far as other MSN services, I have noticed that my synced Hotmail account doesn't work as well as my Gmail... Many times there's a huge delay on the messages I receive on my phone (it's set to pull automatically), and even after having read/deleted them from my Pre they still appear untouched if I login to my account via my computer.

So I definitely agree, we need MSN support on Synergy.
    Ummmm. Idea here, many many many moons ago Google talk was the only messenger app for blackberry (outside blackberry messenger). So some brilliant fellow on HoFo found a way to get the GTalk client to load MSN contacts using a jabber/miranda account as the bridge. Anyone else remember this and think this might be a viable stop gap?

PS: Yes I realize, 1 3/4 year member, 1st post! Sorry!
    Last edited by doan_1; 09/11/2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    +1 for wanting MSN and Yahoo! support!
    Me too! This has been annoying me since day one. In fact, I probably would have had a pre MONTHS ago if they had MSN support.
    I only use MSN as well. Would be nice to see it on the Pre.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast