Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am in the final stages of testing messaging plugins for the Pre.

My plugins will include (Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, ICQ and Facebook Chat). Facebook will not work until Palm updates some libraries on the Pre though.

Once I have it tested it should appear on the homebrew forums.

Greg
    Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    @greg.... this sounds great and I can't wait. Windows live is something I use for business believe it or not. This app will do wonders for me. Now I'll be able to finally ditch my Storm.
    Hi guys,

I am in the finaly stages of testing. All is looking very good.

I was chatting away on msn in the emulator last night.

Unfortunenly for yahoo, icq and facebook to work I need updated files on the Pre. I am hoping since WebOS 1.2 contains yahoo it may also contain the updated files I need to make ICQ and Facebook work. We can only hope!

But the good new is MSN will work

As I dont have a Pre I have sent the IPK to my beta tester and should hopefully have a answer in the next day or so.

Stay tuned....
    Greg
    Hi guys,

We are very close.

Check out Windows Live Plugin for webOS Messaging In Development for more information.

I now have Live, Yahoo and ICQ working. I will continue working on facebook chat.

I'm just waiting on my testers to give me good feedback and we are ready to go.

Shouldn't be too long now,
    Greg
    just:
    Hi everyone,

After much testing and rework (thanks to WebOS 1.2) here it is.

See http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...75#post1932475

Greg
    When will this be available through preware???

great job by the way!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakej View Post
    So google having an 80 percent market share in online advertising is a good thing? See people jump around to all these companies because they are the best latest greatest hope to stick it to the main. Look at Apple, and now Apple is even more anti competitive than Microsoft in many ways. Google is eating up markets like an ant eater.

Point being, I support competition and like having choices.
    google having 80% of the market share is NOT a good thing, but I'd never give any more power to microsoft, They are the worst. They spent many resources attacking and trying to squash the open source technologies that web OS is based on. If it wasn't for microsoft, we wouldn't have to buy new computers every 3 years.
    Guys please read the following thread (as Greg has already made a statement in this thread).

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html

Follow his work on developing what you want!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    Have you tried IMAP? Does hotmail support it?
    How do you set it up, the only option my Pre gives me is POP. @live.com is and has been my principal account, and I'd like to have the folder structure on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogu View Post
    If it wasn't for microsoft, we wouldn't have to buy new computers every 3 years.
    You're not being serious, are you ? I hope not.

BOT ... MSN messenger please, or a multi-messenger that supports it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    +1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123