Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It seems with Yahoo Messenging you can communicate with those using Windows Live Messenger, so the addition of Yahoo IM in the messaging app may kill two birds with one stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
    It seems with Yahoo Messenging you can communicate with those using Windows Live Messenger, so the addition of Yahoo IM in the messaging app may kill two birds with one stone.
    How is that? Any links? I know Microsoft bought yahoo so there may be something there that can help us.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakej View Post
    I too would like to see MSN Messenger added to the Pre, along with the ability to choose which search engine is used. My biggest reason for using Bing is purely to spur competition in some small way.
    ROFL! Oh, the irony!

If it wasn't for Microsoft's "business practices", we wouldn't be locked into their crappy software.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    ROFL! Oh, the irony!

If it wasn't for Microsoft's "business practices", we wouldn't be locked into their crappy software.
    So google having an 80 percent market share in online advertising is a good thing? See people jump around to all these companies because they are the best latest greatest hope to stick it to the main. Look at Apple, and now Apple is even more anti competitive than Microsoft in many ways. Google is eating up markets like an ant eater.

Point being, I support competition and like having choices.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    +1 on msn messenger support - i have used them all and it's still the best!
    Live Messenger (aka MSN Messenger, aka Windows Messenger) has by far the largest user base amongst all Instant Messengers and quite honestly, atleast in my opinion, it is also the best there is. It is actually shocking and a very poor business decision for Palm to have ignored 'Live Messenger' support. In fact I would have thought, that Live Messenger & Hotmail would be one of the first if not the first email & messenger services to be primed for "Synergy" on the WebOS.

THere are several people I know who will not even consider buying the 'Pre' or 'Pixi' until it supports Hotmail & Live Messenger.

PS: AOL is probably the least used of the major instant messaging services and outside the US it's user base is probably next to zero.
    +1 on msn messenger support - the company I work for expects all employees to use MSN ONLY -- I bought my Pre with the expectation of MSN support in Synergy
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    Have you tried IMAP? Does hotmail support it?
    yeah i tried some imap service but it was slow and it left ads in my email it retrieved only displayed text
    I am really waiting for yahoo to be added. I do 90% of my chatting using yahoo.
    I need Window Messenger myself, so it is needed.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

In the US, messaging services like AIM have always been more popular
    While I have used AIM a fair bit, I have talked to more people using MSN then AIM, in both the States and Canada. Hell, I've met more people using IRC then AIM.
    Hotmail works fine. Settings to use:
    Mail type: POP
    Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
    Username: full email address
    Password: password
    Port #: 995
    Encyption: SSL
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
    Use authentication: on
    Username: full email address
    Password: password
    Port #: 587
    Encyption: TLS

--ZX
    where do i input this info
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    Have you tried IMAP? Does hotmail support it?
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    but the other problem is that i have folder on my hotmail that get auto sorted as soon as they are sent to my account pop 3 does not pick up the additional folders, so this is where the biggest problem is
    Hotmail supports Imap, and if you setup your rules in your Hotmail account instead of your desktop client it'll do the sorting at the server level, meaning it works just as well as Gmail does on the Pre.

The only lack of Hotmail support on the Pre is contacts, calendar and messenger.

BTW Yahoo messenger lets you talk to MSN messenger and vice versa.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
    where do i input this info
    Open email on your Pre. Tap "email" at the top of the screen for the drop down menu. Choose Preferences and Accounts.

- If you already have Hotmail on your phone as one of your accounts, click on Hotmail, scroll to the bottom of the screen and choose "change login settings". Then use the settings from the earlier poster.

- If you don't have Hotmail on your phone yet, choose "Add an Account", follow the steps and use the setting in the earlier post.

I've been using Hotmail on the Pre since 6/6/09.
    thanks
    But we still need the messaging app. Windows Live Messenger! Need it as well. Also, the ability to play WMA files!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I also wish they had MSN messenger support. I wonder if I am the only person that wants that far more then better facebook app/compatability.
    U are not the only one! MSN is essential for the European market! What's that AIM, nobody uses that here. Hello Palm!! U ship that thing in another country, look what the people use there!Don't just change language, that's not enough!
    MSN+ICQ are the most common messengers worldwide! And know they put Yahoo! on , ***!
    Hi everyone,

I am in the final stages of testing messaging plugins for the Pre.

My plugins will include (Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, ICQ and Facebook Chat). Facebook will not work until Palm updates some libraries on the Pre though.

Once I have it tested it should appear on the homebrew forums.

Greg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast