Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My 22 Year old Female roommate last night was asking about the Iphone and what I thought of it. I told her that she should really look into the Pre, both I and my other roommate have one.

I have started to convince her via comparing Sprint Prices and ATT&T Prices.

I think it was $70 Compared to $100 a month.

She also commented when showing her the web browser, "woah this looks just like the internet on my computer".

Lastly, she of course like all other people who envy Iphone users, wanted to know what was to come wtih WebOS applications.

So please help me bring in a new user!
    Tell her to get an iphone so you can enjoy phrases like, "holy **** it's a digital waffle maker simulator on my celly!"....seems that mentality follows a large majority of iphone nut swingers. If the Iphone was more versatile than just being so focused on entertainment then I would've picked one of them up long ago. Right now mytether is at the top my list for handiest app on the pre.
    Be honest and tell her that while there is a lot of potential, it's yet to be seen how far developers will take webOS. Then procede to show her what they have done so far, and remind her that this is a brand new platform, and that the app catalog isn't really "open" yet.

You don't want her to hate you if she hates the phone :P
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Tell her now it is free to talk to ANY mobile phone thru Sprint!!
    Show her the ICute App, Lol, no J/k

I dont know, Multi Tasking is really nice. I love the pop up alerts SO much better than a Iphone.

:sigh: Wish we lived in a perfect world with a phone that Had everything. I dont know why phone developers have not figured out how to crame everthing into one. I thought my omnia was the sh** until I played with a pre
    XV6700>Moto Q>U740>Omnia i910>Palm Pre
    I would tell her to look at the Pre, but also to look at the iPhone and make her own decision. Frankly, unless she is a tech-savvy person who is not averse to hacking her phone, she might be better served by the iPhone at this point.

And besides, if she gets the Pre at your suggestion and hates it, has hardware quality issues, etc. you don't want to have friction with someone you live with because of it. Let her make her own decision.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the input so far. She isn't gonna get a new phone till her Verizon contract is up in about 4-6 months. Since that is the case, I told her wait to see what my other roommate and I do with our Pre's in the next few months.

Also, since she pays all her utilities to me, and I see that sad look on her face when she is handing me the check, I know that a smaller cell phone bill is a big deciding factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    My 22 Year old Female roommate last night was asking about the Iphone and what I thought of it. I told her that she should really look into the Pre, both I and my other roommate have one.

I have started to convince her via comparing Sprint Prices and ATT&T Prices.

I think it was $70 Compared to $100 a month.

She also commented when showing her the web browser, "woah this looks just like the internet on my computer".

Lastly, she of course like all other people who envy Iphone users, wanted to know what was to come wtih WebOS applications.

So please help me bring in a new user!
    tell her that the $69 plan now includes unlimited min to any cell phone on any network!!!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    And besides, if she gets the Pre at your suggestion and hates it, has hardware quality issues, etc. you don't want to have friction with someone you live with because of it. Let her make her own decision.
    Amen, preach on!

It really does come down to what her uses for the phone are...biggest selling point with the pre is the size(little more compact) and that you can have multiple cards up at the same time and switch between them. Also really depends what type of phone she has come from and how rough she was on it. Also, going with the Pre will save her roughly $500 a year.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Also, since she pays all her utilities to me, and I see that sad look on her face when she is handing me the check, I know that a smaller cell phone bill is a big deciding factor.
    Actually, you can save even more money over the long run by buying an iPhone outright and putting it on T-Mobile. I've done that (though the Pre is currently my primary phone) and I got 1500 minutes, unlimited web and 400 texts for ~ $52 / month. You do lose 3G, but 3G is overrated and a huge battery drain.

Maybe by then though the GSM version of the Pre will be out and unlockable and she could put that on T-Mobile.
  11.    #11  
    Actually, you can save even more money over the long run by buying an iPhone outright and putting it on T-Mobile. I've done that (though the Pre is currently my primary phone) and I got 1500 minutes, unlimited web and 400 texts for ~ $52 / month. You do lose 3G, but 3G is overrated and a huge battery drain.

Maybe by then though the GSM version of the Pre will be out and unlockable and she could put that on T-Mobile.
    400 Texts a month isn't enough. I personally drop over 600 every month.
    If you have to convince someone to get a phone then maybe its not for them. If I see something I like, I just buy it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    If you have to convince someone to get a phone then maybe its not for them. If I see something I like, I just buy it.
    Very good point. I'm just gonna link her to this thread. Let her decide, I know she has played with the Iphone.
    Very good point. I'm just gonna link her to this thread. Let her decide, I know she has played with the Iphone.
    you just said very good point. in the next sentence you are gonna link to this thread?? let her make her own decisions, if you have to convince her, she's gonna be one of those people in these forums *****ing about what the phone doesn't do. is that why we have so many complainers? did someone convince them??
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Sprint is definitely the money saver in this case.

Tell her to grab the cheapest "everything data plan" from sprint which'll run you about 69 a month. With "anytime, any mobile" she's basically getting unlimited everything (unlimited calling to any other Mobile number on any network) for a super good deal. PLUS, most people around here manage to get a 20-27% discount on top of it which would make it even cheaper.

Sure, the iphone is pretty cool, but is it "$150/mo. cool?"

you might even be able to hop on to a sprint advantage plan through an employee lol. Currently I've got 1000 mins, unlimited night/weekend starting at 7pm, unlimited data and msging, etc. all for about $35/mo.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

And I could take the motor out of my Goldwing and put a Vespa in it. Same difference.

EVDO/3G/etc isn't overrated when you actually use the smartphone to its potential. If you want a video/music/game player, it makes no difference if you're on T-Mobile. If you ever make calls or hit the Internet it makes a TON of difference. My daughter's phone was on T-Mobile for the past two years. They blow. Bu they have a smokin' spokesperson instead of an albino freak like Palm. She makes the Progressive Insurance nanny look hot.

bj
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    She may be in the target market for the Palm Pixie, take a peek at it.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I had no idea people are envious at iCraphone users. For starters, the battery drains (no custom battery available) way faster then a Pre. No Bluetooth, cheap video camera, no instant messaging, no MMS and 10,000 useless applications with 5,000 that do the same thing. Not to mention the arrogance and hypocrisy Apple shows off on any occasion. (we have the best hardware, nobody can make things better then us).

At Apple's last presentation on the iPhone (March 6th 2008), Phil Schiller ridiculed Blackberry for the complexity of their push email service, beside the fact that they charge for the service.

With the iPhone 3G, Apple introduced MobileMe, a service that … passes your email through an Apple messaging server before it is sent through to your phone. And it costs $100 per year extra. Spot any similarity with the Blackberry business model? I will NEVER EVER buy an Apple product.
    Last edited by T3CK; 09/10/2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  19. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    You could always threaten her with violence.
    Don't try and convince any girl to get anything because if she don't like it you will be to blame
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast