Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Actually, with the iPhone on 3G you can talk to somebody and go online and browse or check your contacts and other things.

Try doing that with your Pre... have someone on the phone and then go online
    I don't get it, am I supposed to not be able to or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    From personal experience... Navigon rocks and been totally satisfied with it.

Agreed, the new update added some really nice features.

As for the camera, the Pre camera does not have autofocus or support video, so its a tough comparison
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    not completely correct. Night and weekends are free in the basic 450 min plan. If you want nights to start earlier (i.e., before 9pm) then you pay the extra $8.99. Also not everybody needs/wants Sprint TV, Sprint Navigator, etc.

The main gap is that texting is not included in the data plan.
    Sprint Navigator is great, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't want it. As long as you have a car charger, its the same as a GPS unit. Sprint TV, I could live without.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Unless there has been an update to the system...

http://www.precentral.net/pre-cant-s...neously-sprint

"As great, grand, and glorious as the Palm Pre will be, those using the Sprint version will find that their Pre has an Achilles Heel. Pam Deziel, Palm's vice president of software product management, confirmed at Mobile World Congress on Tuesday that the U.S. Sprint version of the Pre won't be able to surf the Internet and engage a call at the same time. Bummer!"

And people on the Pixie section wonder why all the fuss about wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    It's a Sprint limitation; you can't get voice and data at the same time. So while you're on the phone you can't browse the internet. Not that I've ever needed to...

Only Apple can convince people that paying $100 for an app, plus a yearly fee, when is free elsewhere, is a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    It's a Sprint limitation; you can't get voice and data at the same time. So while you're on the phone you can't browse the internet. Not that I've ever needed to...

Only Apple can convince people that paying $100 for an app, plus a yearly fee, when is free elsewhere, is a good deal.
    free everywhere else? explain
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    free everywhere else? explain
    Sorry, mixed two thoughts. I was talking about no extra fees for Sprint Nav.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    There has to be an all inclusive list of reasons why the Pre is better somewhere that we could just copy and send to our friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Sprint Navigator is great, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't want it. As long as you have a car charger, its the same as a GPS unit. Sprint TV, I could live without.
    I'm glad that you think Sprint Navigator is great. That does NOT mean that everybody feels the same way or that they can't/won't prefer something else.

Your stance reminds me of the car I drive. Sometimes I wonder why anyone would drive anything different since I really like my car and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. And then I snap back to the real world and remember that we all like different things and that some people will never drive my car, even if it's free. You can apply this same analogy to other things...houses, cloths, politics, or even dates.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    not completely correct. Night and weekends are free in the basic 450 min plan. If you want nights to start earlier (i.e., before 9pm) then you pay the extra $8.99. Also not everybody needs/wants Sprint TV, Sprint Navigator, etc.

The main gap is that texting is not included in the data plan.
    Thanks for the correction, but still, on the Sprint plan nights and weekends are free starting at 7 p.m. Big difference. No extra cost for the additional time.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234