Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70
  1.    #21  
    Let's put it this way, I don't expect her to really have any urge to tweak her WebOS phone very much. She will probably end up just buying/downloading apps from the AppCatalog; and if she does want to tweak it then she can google it. She's pretty computer savvy, personally, I found it really easy.
  2. Schufly's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    #22  
    If she gets a Pre and doesn't like it, you can blame it on the other room mate.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    If she gets a Pre and doesn't like it, you can blame it on the other room mate.
    Hahaha, Plan.
  4. #24  
    you should have all your room mates hop onto a family plan 129 + 0 +20 +20 = 42.50 a month per person. 37.80 if you get 5 people to share. The 1500 plan with free any mobile should cover all your bases.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    you should have all your room mates hop onto a family plan 129 + 0 +20 +20 = 42.50 a month per person. 37.80 if you get 5 people to share. The 1500 plan with free any mobile should cover all your bases.
    Already on one with my brother and sister we each pay about $35.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    400 Texts a month isn't enough. I personally drop over 600 every month.
    Only 600?? I've used over 10,000 texts in a month twice before. Usually I use around 8,000 on my Pre
  7. #27  
    Honestly, unless she really needs the everything for whatever reason, I have not seen the advantage to the Pre. I have a 755p and having to switch to an everything plan has kept me from getting the Pre.

    I am wondering were the $150 iPhone estimate comes from though. I suppose if you try to match an everything you may but if you you just want unlimited data and can live with limited minutes, I must be missing something. When I priced one, it came to $75/mo. For the $6/mo difference, I thought the iPhone a better deal.

    If the Palm quality issues and the uncertainty of Palm staying with the existing model of building new phones while barely updating the previous models, the iPhone again may be a better choice.

    Not a Pre hater, I'm on the forum because "I want to believe"...
  8. #28  
    I recently came to Sprint and Pre from AT&T and iPhone and while I love my iPhone, I hated AT&T. I'm really enjoying EVDO and 3G etc that I didn't have at the price point Sprint offers. Just my $0.02.
  9. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    Honestly, unless she really needs the everything for whatever reason, I have not seen the advantage to the Pre. I have a 755p and having to switch to an everything plan has kept me from getting the Pre.

    I am wondering were the $150 iPhone estimate comes from though. I suppose if you try to match an everything you may but if you you just want unlimited data and can live with limited minutes, I must be missing something. When I priced one, it came to $75/mo. For the $6/mo difference, I thought the iPhone a better deal.

    If the Palm quality issues and the uncertainty of Palm staying with the existing model of building new phones while barely updating the previous models, the iPhone again may be a better choice.

    Not a Pre hater, I'm on the forum because "I want to believe"...
    I just went over to the AT&T website to see for myself even though I've seen the comparisons elsewhere showing the price differences and I was shocked. AT&T has THE most convoluted pricing structure I've ever seen! It's confusing and they charge you for EVERYTHING.

    First off I picked the cheapest individual plan of 450 minutes - $39.99. Then the nights and weekends free plan - $8.99. Then the iPhone data plan - $30. That's already $79 and I didn't even get any messaging with it, not to mention, TV or navigation. Then if you want your iPhone to do your work Exchange stuff, you have to pay Apple $99 a year!

    Sprint - same minutes of 450 you get all you can eat data and messaging, free nights and weekends, and now free mobile-to-mobile, plus Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation and a whole bunch of other stuff for $69.99! PLUS there's no additional charge from Palm for accessing your Exchange platform at work.

    There's simply no comparison. Sprint officially rocks. BTW, I heard from management and employees today that they're being bombarded ever since the free mobile-to-mobile went public. It started last night.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    I just went over to the AT&T website to see for myself even though I've seen the comparisons elsewhere showing the price differences and I was shocked. AT&T has THE most convoluted pricing structure I've ever seen! It's confusing and they charge you for EVERYTHING.

    First off I picked the cheapest individual plan of 450 minutes - $39.99. Then the nights and weekends free plan - $8.99. Then the iPhone data plan - $30. That's already $79 and I didn't even get any messaging with it, not to mention, TV or navigation. Then if you want your iPhone to do your work Exchange stuff, you have to pay Apple $99 a year!

    Sprint - same minutes of 450 you get all you can eat data and messaging, free nights and weekends, and now free mobile-to-mobile, plus Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation and a whole bunch of other stuff for $69.99! PLUS there's no additional charge from Palm for accessing your Exchange platform at work.

    There's simply no comparison. Sprint officially rocks. BTW, I heard from management and employees today that they're being bombarded ever since the free mobile-to-mobile went public. It started last night.
    To look at the other side of things though, AT&T has pick 5 coming + its rollover minutes and the iphone.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    400 Texts a month isn't enough. I personally drop over 600 every month.
    I hit almost 7k txt's last month. Thank god for unlimited. I know we're all big Pre users here, but if you're trying to get her on Sprint, have her look at the HTC Hero which is dropping in a month. It has my eye.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I had no idea people are envious at iCraphone users. For starters, the battery drains (no custom battery available) way faster then a Pre. No Bluetooth, cheap video camera, no instant messaging, no MMS and 10,000 useless applications with 5,000 that do the same thing. Not to mention the arrogance and hypocrisy Apple shows off on any occasion. (we have the best hardware, nobody can make things better then us).

    At Apple's last presentation on the iPhone (March 6th 2008), Phil Schiller ridiculed Blackberry for the complexity of their push email service, beside the fact that they charge for the service.

    With the iPhone 3G, Apple introduced MobileMe, a service that passes your email through an Apple messaging server before it is sent through to your phone. And it costs $100 per year extra. Spot any similarity with the Blackberry business model? I will NEVER EVER buy an Apple product.
    Truthfully, i had no idea people were that envious either. I didn't get one to impress people.

    The battery life isn't great on either device though. I'm not sure of your other cons though. The iphone has bluetooth, IM, will have MMS, and plenty of apps. Even if you cast aside 1000's as useless that still leave 1000's more that aren't. Good thing i only use the most useful for me.

    I don't use MobileMe. Instant email isn't that big a deal for me.

    You also mention Apple's arrogance. This is because other companies make it so easy for Apple to be that way.
  13. #33  
    Anyways, if you want her on the Pre, you have to sell it first. Don't worry about Sprint yet. The Pre should be compelling enough that you don't have to start selling the carrier.

    Although if you and the other roomie have had the Pre awhile and you still need to sell it to her..that's pretty telling.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    My 22 Year old Female roommate last night was asking about the Iphone and what I thought of it. I told her that she should really look into the Pre, both I and my other roommate have one.

    I have started to convince her via comparing Sprint Prices and ATT&T Prices.

    I think it was $70 Compared to $100 a month.

    She also commented when showing her the web browser, "woah this looks just like the internet on my computer".

    Lastly, she of course like all other people who envy Iphone users, wanted to know what was to come wtih WebOS applications.

    So please help me bring in a new user!
    Here's an easy one. Tell her the Pre is small and discrete and will fit in her hand nicely, and will fit in her purse nicely. Lol Oh, and has a mirror on the back to help her put on or check her makeup during the day. That will get her for sure!
  15. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #35  
    The best way is

    Pre has navigation , while you have to pay 70 dollars for that on an iPhone.

    Pre's camera is far better than iPhone's camera.

    You can switch between APPs easily on Pre.
  16. #36  
    Just sit back n relax. My cousin got a 3gs and after a lil over a month his battery was not keeping a charge at all, or it would b fully charged and then die in 5 mins n then turn on saying it was fully charged.

    Went to apple store and waited over a hour, while waiting he said out loud in frustration "Why DIDN"T I GET A PALM PRE!?!?! Y DIDN'T U TELL ME ABOUT IT?!?!" i said cuz u flocked to iphone like everyone else before i could haha.

    They gave him a "new" (refurb) phone to replace the old one haha.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    I just went over to the AT&T website to see for myself even though I've seen the comparisons elsewhere showing the price differences and I was shocked. AT&T has THE most convoluted pricing structure I've ever seen! It's confusing and they charge you for EVERYTHING.

    First off I picked the cheapest individual plan of 450 minutes - $39.99. Then the nights and weekends free plan - $8.99. Then the iPhone data plan - $30. That's already $79 and I didn't even get any messaging with it, not to mention, TV or navigation. Then if you want your iPhone to do your work Exchange stuff, you have to pay Apple $99 a year!

    Sprint - same minutes of 450 you get all you can eat data and messaging, free nights and weekends, and now free mobile-to-mobile, plus Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation and a whole bunch of other stuff for $69.99! PLUS there's no additional charge from Palm for accessing your Exchange platform at work.

    There's simply no comparison. Sprint officially rocks. BTW, I heard from management and employees today that they're being bombarded ever since the free mobile-to-mobile went public. It started last night.
    not completely correct. Night and weekends are free in the basic 450 min plan. If you want nights to start earlier (i.e., before 9pm) then you pay the extra $8.99. Also not everybody needs/wants Sprint TV, Sprint Navigator, etc.

    The main gap is that texting is not included in the data plan.
  18. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #38  
    Try this:

    "The other room mates and I decided anybody with an iPhone has to pay double on the utilities."

    xtn
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You also mention Apple's arrogance. This is because Apple's nutswingers make it so easy for Apple to be that way.
    Fixed that for ya.
  20. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSpartan View Post
    Show her the ICute App, Lol, no J/k

    I dont know, Multi Tasking is really nice. I love the pop up alerts SO much better than a Iphone.

    :sigh: Wish we lived in a perfect world with a phone that Had everything. I dont know why phone developers have not figured out how to crame everthing into one. I thought my omnia was the sh** until I played with a pre
    What does 'crame' mean?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions