Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hey, I have searched and could not find any info on slingplayer mobile for palm pre..i know the sling media site says it wont work but i was wondering if any of you wonderfull people had come up with any apps that would make it work..Thanks
    Get in line, we've been asking for this since Day 1.
    Unless Sling comes up with an app, forget about it.
    I'm in line. Sling Media get on it already. I had it on my 755p and truly enjoyed it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i purchased 3 slingmobile apps for old phones and now i can't use them.. : (
    Perhaps the introduction of Flash will change things. I wonder if they could easily create a mobile version of their Sling.com (Sling - Watch full episodes, movies, and clips of your favorite TV and online shows) site where you can stream your Slingbox via a browser.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    you can watch sling via your webbrowser on the computer..so crossing fingers..how about sirius radio ..i have the internet version of that also..can we use it with the pre yet?
    Yes, Football season is now upon us and I would love to watch it at work. Had it on my Treo 700wx and it was great to pass the time at work. Get on it Palm!
    I have Hava, and can watch my home TV over the internet. They have an iPhone app, but not for the Pre. I contacted them and they acted like the Pre didn't exist. If any Hava users are out there, they might want to suggest to Hava that the Pre should be supported, too.
    Here is the response I got from Sling beta testing:

We’re currently investigating the Palm Pre as a possible new platform. If it passes this investigation stage, it will then take some time to develop and test before a beta program would start.

Our recommendation is to make sure your Test Platform and User Profile info is up to date on the Beta Community site (beta.slingmedia.com), so that your name will come up as a possible tester if/when we have a beta program.

Thanks for letting us know of your interest.
    -Michelle, Sling Media
    Quote Originally Posted by freedog26 View Post

We’re currently investigating the Palm Pre as a possible new platform. If it passes this investigation stage, it will then take some time to develop and test before a beta program would start.
    TRANSLATION: If/when Pre sales achieve a level that will ensure profitability on our part, we will consider building a version of Slingplayer for it.

Sling's always been fairly conservative in choosing the phones they will support with a player. Windows Mobile and Nokia were developed pretty early on, but it took them a while before committing to RIM and Palm. I suspect their next big OS will be (or already is) Android.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freedog26 View Post

Our recommendation is to make sure your Test Platform and User Profile info is up to date on the Beta Community site (beta.slingmedia.com), so that your name will come up as a possible tester if/when we have a beta program.

Thanks for letting us know of your interest.
    -Michelle, Sling Media
    Funny...I got the same response from her. Word for word. Glad she put some effort into her responses.

When Flash comes out, I am going to log into my account on Sling.com and watch my slingbox directly from the site until they come out with a app which looks like it will be years before they do. By that time, DirectTV will have one out by then and I won't need the slingbox. I must say, they have really dragged there feet on this one. They are missing out on a market that is growing every day which will lead to someone lossing there job because they didn't act quick enough.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I will not give up my 755p until this app is available. The 755p is working great and I will not get the PRE and lose functions I use all the time. I've been a long time Palm user and intend to stay that way. If I can't get the 755p repaired or replaced I'll be switching to the "toy" iphone so I get similar apps (Sling has an app for the iphone available)

WAKE UP PALM and work with Sling to get it done!
    So the SlingPlayer still doesn't work in Classic?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    So the SlingPlayer still doesn't work in Classic?
    Nope and if it did, that would be the only reason why I would buy it.
    Looks like we'll have to wait for Flash and see how Sling.com does with it.