1.    #1  
    Read the article on PreCentral's front page. http://www.precentral.net/nanplayer-...ed-app-catalog

I bought a Pre because I heard about all the great things webOS applications would do. But Palm has not followed through. It's not Sprint that's the problem, it's Palm. Contrary to their initial claims, Palm seems to be following Apple's lead and rejecting any applications they "don't like."
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 09/10/2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    Or you can go to the thread that spawned the article instead of creating a brand new one. After all, it was linked in the article.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Your title and your post are misleading at best. Palm isn't "refusing to improve music player" they're simply rejecting an app that uses an undocumented API, as is their right. We don't know what Palm has planned for the Music player app or for the undocumented API that the rejected app was using. Before you get your panties in a bunch saying Palm is Apple, remember that Palm has reached out to homebrew developers on the Precentral forums to help streamline their apps through the approval process.
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    Your title and your post are misleading at best. Palm isn't "refusing to improve music player" they're simply rejecting an app that uses an undocumented API, as is their right. We don't know what Palm has planned for the Music player app or for the undocumented API that the rejected app was using. Before you get your panties in a bunch saying Palm is Apple, remember that Palm has reached out to homebrew developers on the Precentral forums to help streamline their apps through the approval process.
    +1
    just was going to post the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    +1
    just was going to post the same thing
    me 2...

On top of that just download another music player, its not impossible.. Music Player Remixed
    I agree that the current Music app is frustrating to use, but I don't think it's due to lack of features but rather incomplete implementation (resume play), bugs (chopping off music tracks) and performance (loading album art while the user is scrolling).

There is very little need for 3rd party apps, but it remains to be seen if Palm gets serious about Music player in the upcoming 1.2 update.
    No offense to the guy who developed the app in question, but imagine the uproar should Palm allow an app in the App Catalog that broke something because it was using an API that Palm hasn't officially chosen to support. Another example of Palm being damned if they do, and damned if they don't...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I hate the idea of centralized app stores, but the reality is that anything published through one is sanctioned by the device vendor. And this leaves homebrew for everyone else. At least Palm is lax about the homebrew ecosystem, and maybe they don't mind a secondary market for non-sanctioned apps. But sanctioned apps will have a much wider reach.
    quit your whining post it in homebrew and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    Read the article on PreCentral's front page. http://www.precentral.net/nanplayer-...ed-app-catalog

I bought a Pre because I heard about all the great things webOS applications would do. But Palm has not followed through. It's not Sprint that's the problem, it's Palm. Contrary to their initial claims, Palm seems to be following Apple's lead and rejecting any applications they "don't like."
    The conclusion stated by the title of this thread is ridiculously illogical.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post

Take it back and get a iphone.