Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    My screen has the dreaded spider web and I'm not able to use it to hit USB or Media Sync or Just Charge when I plug it in to the computer. I read on an older thread that you can root the phone and get text messages and other things to transfer. How do I root it without being able to use the screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Why would you want to root a broken pre?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Basically for the contact numbers and photos. When I activated my replacement, it wasn't able to transfer numbers at the store because of not being able to touch the USB button. I was under the impression that my contacts were backed up and would go straight to my new phone as soon as it was activated. I'll be honest, I'm new to the smartphone realm, so I might have a misunderstanding of some things.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    when you get your new pre, you start it up the same way you did the original by logging into your palm account via the phone. when you do that all your contacts; app catalog apps (at least most); will be transferred to the new pre. i can't remember if memos transfer. your email may have to be set up again if the pre couldn't do it automatically by itself the first time. unfortunately anything you transferred from your computer (music, video, pics etc..) will not be transferred and will need to be manually restored. the people at the store should have known your contacts should've been restored. there's no reason to hook the phone together to transfer contacts. as for pics taken with the phone, if you put them on your computer before it broke you should be able to move them back. if not. you may be out of luck. i can't really speak to rooting the phone to accomplish that...sorry
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-phones.html This might be what your looking for.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks, guys! That was really helpful!