Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just got my pre yesterday as well and other than a, so far, single dead pixel in an out of the way spot, my phone has worked fine. Is a dead pixel reason enough to return the phone or will it fix itself? So asks the newbie poster.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    A couple of notes on your dilemman:

1. It usually takes an hour +/- for full internet functionality to kick in (happens automatically)
    2. make sure your ability to Roam is on
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    A couple of notes on your dilemman:

1. It usually takes an hour +/- for full internet functionality to kick in (happens automatically)
    2. make sure your ability to Roam is on
    that's why when i left the store and saw no internet connectivity, i figured it would take a few minutes perhaps. Naive me. It's been nearly 24 hours, and I now stare at a dead phone that cant activate the profile.
    Obvious troll is obvious. He said he entered his contacts in manually but won't connect to the internet. But now he also can't create a profile? You create a profile and use a data connection before you can do anything with this phone...

Like I said, obvious troll is obvious.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious. He said he entered his contacts in manually but won't connect to the internet. But now he also can't create a profile? You create a profile and use a data connection before you can do anything with this phone...

Like I said, obvious troll is obvious.
    Kasracer---what exactly did u hope to accomplish with your reply? I am usually sarcastic, so I would have thought the way you did, but I would have kept it on the inside. Obvious that you have a lot of free time to reply with insults and repeat the same dumb statement twice. I got your troll right here...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    My battery died during the 1.1 update, the phone wouldn't boot afterwards. I took it to a different Sprint store than I bought it from. I did not have the box, or charger, or pouch. They gave me a brand new one, along with box, charger, and pouch. They took it out of the box and got it all set up profile and all.

I turned to leave with just the phone and the clerk handed me a bag with the box, charger, and pouch. I told him I had all of that stuff at home and he told me that all he needed was the phone for return and that the other stuff would just get thrown in a drawer and I might as well just have the extras.

I had the phone 2 entire days. I thought they were great.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    what I meant was that I left them at home, and as you can imagine, I want to sprint (bad joke) to the Bet Buy to get this resolved. My house is a bit out of the way to go and come back to the best buy. I imagine they will want the orig box back, etc and wont just give me a new phone.
    Most times you don't need the box, receipt, accessories, etc. Go to a sprint store within 30 days, and if it's defective they will replace it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotron View Post
    My battery died during the 1.1 update, the phone wouldn't boot afterwards. I took it to a different Sprint store than I bought it from. I did not have the box, or charger, or pouch. They gave me a brand new one, along with box, charger, and pouch. They took it out of the box and got it all set up profile and all.

I turned to leave with just the phone and the clerk handed me a bag with the box, charger, and pouch. I told him I had all of that stuff at home and he told me that all he needed was the phone for return and that the other stuff would just get thrown in a drawer and I might as well just have the extras.

I got it from Best buy, but will try. Thanks
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Sprint doesnt care about the box, etc. I went in with one with a software problem and they ordered me a "new" (refurb) one that i picked up a few days later. I went in yesterday with the refurb because I couldn't stand the extent of the oreo-effect on that one, and walked out with a new one.

I didn't even bring the original battery cover since I have the touchstone cover and they just swapped the one on the refurb. Trust me, Sprint is VERY used to swapping out these phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by elaitchbe3 View Post
    I just got my pre yesterday as well and other than a, so far, single dead pixel in an out of the way spot, my phone has worked fine. Is a dead pixel reason enough to return the phone or will it fix itself? So asks the newbie poster.
    It won't fix itself, but I would personally not return it over 1 dead pixel, which you're unlikely to see unless you're looking for it. But if it really bothers you...
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotron View Post

I'm glad you got your phone working, but just for future reference: this is the EXACT reason that palm put out the webosdoctor in the first place. Phone doesn't install update properly, won't boot, run webosdoctor. Of course the people in the store should've known this also. But seriously, your reason is exactly why palm created the webopsdoctor tool. Use it next time, it's easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Guys, I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy, but upgrade fees have been in place at Sprint since at least 2005. And they used to be $36, at least on the Nextel side of the house. Four years, folks. You will get charged an upgrade fee if you get your phone at a Sprint store or most third-party dealers. I guess I'm just surprised that people are still ... surprised by this, somehow.
    I've upgraded 5 times in the past 6 years, and not once have I ever had to pay an activation fee, including when I bought the Pre in-store at Sprint.

Now, I can understand it being charged at Best Buy, but saying you get charged at Sprint stores seems to be false.
    I had the same problem with the internet and it didn't start working until I called sprint support and they had to reprogram the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    at this point, I want a new phone. Dont want repairs. And I guess I will have to call Sprint and plead for the $18 waive. Had to make 5 calls, and I know for a fact I lost all my contacts that I entered manually, despite being told that I would not lose them.

Agghhhhh
    Sprint won't repair the phone, they may replace it. However, why insist on a new phone if the "fix" is as simple as typing in a code?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    I'm glad you got your phone working, but just for future reference: this is the EXACT reason that palm put out the webosdoctor in the first place. Phone doesn't install update properly, won't boot, run webosdoctor. Of course the people in the store should've known this also. But seriously, your reason is exactly why palm created the webopsdoctor tool. Use it next time, it's easy.
    At the time I was brand new to Sprint, and had never even heard of WebOSdoctor, never been to this website, and never heard of HomeBrew apps. They took the phone into the back and tried something, maybe WebOsDr., who knows. But, they came back and said it was unrepairable and gave me a new phone. I'm happy, they have a satisfied new customer, and I've got $40 worth of new accesories, for free.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    1. Sprint corporate stores will not exchange a phone you purchased elsewhere.

2. Sprint charges upgrade fees ($18) and activation fees ($36)
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Return it and get a new one. The moment that the internet wasn't working that should have been your 1st sign that it's defective.
    The $18 fee will go on your next bill, thats the activation fee, fair enough. I gotmy 4th Pre today, hardware nightmare thus far to say the least but I love the phone and will stick by it. Point being it took 2 hours to activate, the rep at Best Buy had to call it in and they told him there data was backed up. Cool thing was I actvated my phone on it's own (doesnt take a rocket scientest) but was cool. The sales reps there are trained to sell you whatever, I made them go through about 5 phones before I left with one, like I said on my 4th one. I am as sick of seeing them as they are seeing me. Just want a Pre that works properly!
    Get a blackberry. It always works, never a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgdoc View Post
    Get a blackberry. It always works, never a problem.
    Yeah, right. Because somehow RIM has magically figured out how to produce a product that works perfectly 100% of the time and has therefore taken the quality world by "Storm."
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast