1.    #1  
    I can't post links on my pre... Dang it.. But pcworld.com stated that we would all be automatically downgraded to the next lower package because of less minute usage.

Google the title o the article. And post a link...

"Sprint Launches $70 Unlimited Calling Plan"
    I'm shaking my head. While I do acknowledge that for most users Any Mobile, Anytime will be tantamount to unlimited calling, if you spend a significant amount of time calling landlines it's definitely not unlimited voice as the article says.

Customers on Everything Data won't be switching plans - Any Mobile, Anytime will be added to their plans at no additional cost. Nobody is going to be "migrated to the lower-cost mobile plan" because there is no lower cost. It's the same cost, just more benefit.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    You did see the article though right?
    I'm like you. It would be wrong for sprint to mess with your plan without first consulting you.
    theres a $70 unlimited plan? where can i find this at?
    The PC World article. I wonder if this applies to the 1500 family plan I'm on. We've never used all our minutes for the month and I almost always call mobiles instead of home numbers (except for my parents.)
    Sprint's new $69.99 unlimited "mobile-to-mobile" wireless plan could start a wave of price cutting if AT&T and Verizon feel the need to respond. The plan, being announced today, knocks roughly a third off Sprint's current pricing.

Called "Any Mobile, Anytime" the unlimited service will include voice, data, text, e-mail, GPS navigation, and sending videos and images from one mobile phone to another. Perhaps, Sprint should have called its plan "The Works."

Couple this pricing with a $99 Palm Pre handset and potential customers may find it easier to choose the Sprint/Palm combo over AT&T and Apple's more expensive alternative.

If that happens, it might prompt a pricing response from AT&T. And if that happens, Verizon might be likely to follow suit. Expect weeks to months of "wait and see" from both competitors, however. Competition is heating up as carriers battle for revenue.

Sprint said customers on its Everything Data and Everything Data Family plans will automatically be migrated to the lower-cost mobile plan on the first day of their next billing cycle. The new plan replaces the former "Simply Everything" plan, priced at $99.99-a-month.

David Coursey tweets as @techinciter.
    thanks found
    PC World is populated by idiots. Where do they come up with the $99 Pre handset? (The link acknowedges the plan doesn't exist.) And they say it replaces the Simply Everything plan, which already includes unlimited calling, when it does nothing of the sort. And just what "lower cost" plan are they talking about. Adding this feature to the existing plans doesn't change the cost.

The guy who wrote that article is clueless.

And given that most users don't exceed their plan minutes anyway, this does nothing for them. I've got 1500 shared minutes. Currently, I might use 600 of them. Most of my calls are either sprint to sprint or after 7:00 p.m. With the new plan, my actual minutes used against the plan might drop to 300. Whoopie! No difference to me, at all.

I suppose there may be a few users that have a more expensive plan, with more minutes included, who could drop to a lower minute plan, but I don't think that's very many people.

But I'll give Sprint credit: They've managed to generate one Hell of a lot of hype and media coverage for doing almost nothing.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 09/10/2009 at 11:08 AM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8.    #9  
    Can we get a poll started to see if this mobile-to-mobile deal will help people out or not? I for one will see a 20 dollar decrease. Some people are just anal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixoticelixer View Post
    Can we get a poll started to see if this mobile-to-mobile deal will help people out or not? I for one will see a 20 dollar decrease. Some people are just anal.
    Why don't you start one? I personally won't see any decrease as I'm on a family plan. I'm in meyerweb's situation as I don't use all the minutes I've got by quite a margin. However, I'm still glad Sprint is doing this and I'll try to make it worth their while.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    what's so hard about this......call from your cell to another cell (any carrier)...it's free...PERIOD!!!!!......Anytime....PERIOD...INCOMING AND OUTGOING...PERIOD..As long as you have a unlimited data plan as most SPrint customers have. You only use your minutes when you dial to a landline between 7am and 7pm...or when you roam (on any network other than SPrint).
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Really this is just an added perk. They are not trying to save us from high bills. There focus is to sway consumers to sprint instead of att and verizon. That's it.

Look at the website and you will see all advertisement towards signing a two year contract. It doesn't say great news, current customers can get unlimited mobile to mobile.
    current customers can get this feature and will be automatically have this feature added to their plan. this is not going to help everyone (were not in a perfect world) but per say ur on a everything data 450 and u use about 500 mins, about 80% of people nowdays dont even have a land line, so most likely youll be calling a mobile number. you will see the amt of minutes drop because of the mobile 2 mobile feature. so now instead of using 500, some1 might use 250 and still have the remainder of their buckets of mins left.... if you are on a data plan shared with 1500 mins, unfortunately you cant go any lower, so just like mentioned above..... if your not using all 1500 mins, you will juts see more mins available at the end of the month
    To all: Please refrain from reading and especially quoting PC World articles. They are consistently inaccurate regarding almost anything Sprint and/or Palm related I'm surprised they are not quoting/plagiarizing The Onion articles...
    I have 4 lines on 1500 minute Everything Messaging plan. Our usage is about 700 or so minutes per cycle, so we have a good buffer there. However, the Everything Data plan provides unlimited texting also, so I changed to it. This change will effectively give us unlimited calling, as I heavily call both land/cell lines and the rest of the family calls cell lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have 4 lines on 1500 minute Everything Messaging plan. Our usage is about 700 or so minutes per cycle, so we have a good buffer there. However, the Everything Data plan provides unlimited texting also, so I changed to it. This change will effectively give us unlimited calling, as I heavily call both land/cell lines and the rest of the family calls cell lines.
    Curious...what did you change it to?
    Igodwntown:

All my calls to mobile numbers AND TO LANDLINE numbers, are already FREE, because I don't exceed the minutes that are already included in my plan. So for me, and I bet the vast majority of Sprint customers, this will make no difference at all. What's so hard to understand about that?

bclinger, I don't get it: if you never use up all your minutes as it is, what will changing plans get you? Unless you're suddenly going to start using another 800+ minutes per month, it makes no difference, because all your calls are free (within your included minutes) now. You're paying more for data on all four lines, but it won't change how much your calling costs at all.

lafabritto, where do you get your numbers? LOL. The latest figures I can find are that about 20% of Americans have no landline, not 80%. That's a rather large difference. And while your point that if you have a 450 minute plan and use 500 minutes, this will probably save you money is valid, I'm willing to bet very, very few people go over their plan minutes on a regular basis. The people I've asked say they never get close to using all their plan minutes. And for them, a policy like this makes zero, zilch, no difference at all.

Sprint is NOT stupid. Well, on some things, maybe.... But they've figured out that this will have negligible impact on their bottom line.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    For me this will help save me $40 a month. I have a family share plan 3000mins for $169.99, I can now downgrade to the 1500 min plan for $129.99. I would say at least 80% of our calls are to mobile lines from other carriers...

Thanks sprint..
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I use about 2,500 minutes a month right now between work and personal calls. I'm currently on the $99 unlimited plan. Most of my calls are to other mobile phones, however I don't know if that's 2,000 minutes, or 2,300 minutes, so I am going to wait and see on changing to a lower plan. I kinda enjoy not having to worry about minutes at all when making calls. However, if I can lower my bill $20, that's an extra $240 a year for me to spend on other stuff.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    As someone said "PC World is populated by idiots." If you look at other articles written(?), more like thrown together, by David Coursey you will see that he does NO research what so ever. I still can not figure how he is even employed by PCWorld as a writter, as he really makes them look bad with some of his articles.
    No there will not be automatic changes on Sprint accounts other than the addition of the Any Mobile, Anytime to the everything plans at no additional charge.