Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just want to start out by saying, I am new here and to palm. I sold my TP for this, and I would never look back. Also, for those complaining about how sloppy the pre is, every slide phone is sloppy. I have used the ppc 6700, ppc 6800 and the TP. Every one of those phones were more $300, and they were just as sloppy as the pre, if not worse. So lay off!

Anyhoo, I purchased my per about 2 weeks ago, so when I called sprint to get my 50 bucks. They told me I had to return and then rebuy the phone for the lower price. Pain in the ****, what ever though, I get a new pre from this. (scratchless) so when I left the store with my new phone, I figured my pre would reboot the profile and I would get all my contacts back. Well something went wrong and no contacts were found. So I made a call to palm. 15 min later and after a phone reset I was able to log back in and get all my contacts. This "backup" is by far the best part of the phone, and sure the interface is GREAT! So, thank you palm for making a phone, that just works.

Ps. I consider the pre, THE IPHONE KILLER!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    They did a price adjustment for me on 3 pre's I've purchased in the last 30 days no problem. I would head into a corporate store and see if they will credit it to you so you wont have to deal with the hassle. Say if they do you will give them a 5 on their little servery.

Edit: I skimmed the part where you said you got a new pre for it implying that the deed is done.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    They did a price adjustment for me on 3 pre's I've purchased in the last 30 days no problem. I would head into a corporate store and see if they will credit it to you so you wont have to deal with the hassle. Say if they do you will give them a 5 on their little servery.

Edit: I skimmed the part where you said you got a new pre for it implying that the deed is done.
    That's what they wanted to do at the store. But I figured since I was already here, might as well get them to give me a freash phone. The rep said sure and it was done in 5 min. The only hassle for me was the 30 min drive in each direction.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i wouldnt let them swap my current unit, i havent had any of the issues (knock on wood) that i have been reading about. Phone is about three and half months old, got it about two weeks before the actual launch and i have been ecstatic with it ever since. The backup portion lacks in my opinion, i mean its great to have things backed up to a server but im used to WM device programs like SPB Backup and Sprite Backup. They would do a complete backup, customizations and all, set in to an executable restore file that i could save on my computer or other memory device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    So I made a call to palm. 15 min later and after a phone reset I was able to log back in and get all my contacts. This "backup" is by far the best part of the phone, and sure the interface is GREAT! So, thank you palm for making a phone, that just works.

Ps. I consider the pre, THE IPHONE KILLER!
    Yeah, I agree, that backup is AWESOME. Something was going wrong with my homebrewed, on-screen keyboard-ed Pre, so I did a partial reset, which wipes everything but your music and photos back to day 1. I figured I would just have to set everything back up, but I was wrong! It did all the dirty work for me, including redownloading all of the apps that I had on my phone (only the ones from the app store, naturally), reconfiguring email, calendar, and contact syncs.

I also have made a call to Palm about my phone, and after 10 minutes just giving information to get into my account, they were able to resolve my issue pretty quickly.

And HELLS yes I consider this an iPhone killer! The problem is the iPhone has that huge fan base. I wish Sprint would bring back/reinitiate that program where they give $100 to anyone who switches to the Pre, and maybe even offer money to people who switch to Sprint from the iPhone/ATT.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Palm also gives us OS updates almost every month! Ain't that cool? =)