Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow...this is a GAME changer. Unlimited mobile to mobile to ANY CARRIER to go along with unlimited data, unlimited text for just 69.99..ALSO phones like the Pre, Pixi, Hero, Touch Pro 2....

I expect a FLOOD of new subscribers....what a great deal.
    Last edited by AlwayzRight; 09/10/2009 at 06:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Definitely a game changer.
  3. Zcu
    Wow great for me, but I think anyone paying for the unlimited plan will be upset or downgrade.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Crap...and most of us worked pretty hard to get Pick 3 (or 5) added to their plan. Took me almost a week to get Pick 3 add to ALL 7 lines on my family data plan. Oh well...

Great job, Sprint.
  5.    #5  
    I wonder how much Sprints stock goes up today?
    Add this to the best data plans out there and you have the best cellphone plan, period.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zcu View Post
    Wow great for me, but I think anyone paying for the unlimited plan will be upset or downgrade.
    na this is a win win. how can you be upset with paying 30 bucks less a month?
    Hmm and HOW does this affect all of us, that were forced to get the Everything Plan that already had nights and weekends, and unlimited data?

I have 1500 minutes shared with 3 phones and we never even get close to using all those minutes, but we use a LOT of data.

@wmurch3 How are you paying $30 bucks a month less???
    Game changer? Nonsense. Well, unless most people think about it as little as the posters above.

I'm willing to bet 99% of Everything plan users don't go over their allotted minutes anyway. And if you don't go over your minutes now, this change will have no impact on your billing at all. Truth is, most users already have "free" calls. To Sprint customers, to other mobile customers, and to land lines.

Sprint wouldn't have done this if they anticipated a major hit to their revenue. They know that it won't change what most customers pay.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Buy the rumor and sell the news.

This is not the game changer Sprint is claiming. Friends and family already give you mobile to any mobile on top of mobile to mobile.

The typical customer calls the same numbers over and over. 10 numbers(which includes mobile and landline) on top of mobile is enough.

I give Sprint credit for trying but they will need to do more. It would be different if they were sitting in the catbird seat.

One other thing to note in the fine print, these mobile to any mobile minutes only apply on Sprints network, not while on Verizon's network.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    I wonder how much Sprints stock goes up today?
    Last edited by wickcity; 09/10/2009 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Hmm and HOW does this affect all of us, that were forced to get the Everything Plan that already had nights and weekends, and unlimited data?

I have 1500 minutes shared with 3 phones and we never even get close to using all those minutes, but we use a LOT of data.

@wmurch3 How are you paying $30 bucks a month less???
    This is an upgrade FOR the Everything Plan you have. It just means now that you won't even come remotely close to using your 1500 min. If I were you I'd look into downgrading the 1500 to something a bit lower if you can. If not your still getting a heck of a deal on three phones.

BTW the reason wmurch3 is paing 30 less is that the 450 Everything plan, which I have, cost 69.99 while the EVERYTHING plan with unlimited everything cost 99.99.

I'm personally SUPER excited about this. I travel a lot and have tons of friends outside of the network. So I'm forced to call them after 7. I think this is one of the best things any carrier has done hands down.

Rob
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Now I can look into lowering my bill. Will wait a couple months to see how it pans out.
    I think there will be plenty of people that will benefit from this addition. I'm sure it will attract new people to Sprint.
    I think the majority of the people that will save are the ones that have kids on their plan. With as much as kids are on their cell phones talking to other kids on their cell phones, it may be a great thing. My neighbors kids are always going over their minutes talking to their friends. Too bad they have AT$T..
    I had wondered why sprint didn't just move to ONE plan...unlimited all for like 70-80 a month. It simplifies things and lets them freely use that word "unlimited" Surprised they went to 70 though.

Still AT&T and Verizon users aren't exactly going to flock over there. And those companies will still be pulling much more revenue per user.

If i'm Joe Blow and don't really keep up in the tech news, i'd be wondering what's the catch? Or what's wrong with Sprint that they go so low? Is their service that crappy?

AT&T is pushing more bars in more places. Verizon is pushing the "can you hear me now" thing for years. Both push quality.

Sprint will push what? We're 70 a month? We're cheapest? Some articles were starting to appear that Sprint was turning it around. The Pre, Tour, and now the Hero. It's like they gave up and decided to resort to being super cheap. It's no secret Sprint has been gobbling up the pay as you go market and focusing on the thrifty end.

So it's not bashing, but it makes the job of projecting quality a bit harder. It's hard to say what effect the move will have.
    Yes, it has been a wonderful morning here. Called and had this feature added to all five lines and they gave me a $50 credit for the Pre price drop.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    so the only thing that will charge my minutes now is calling a landline?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    its further evidence that cell carriers will not be competing only on the quantity and pricing of airtime.
    There's merit in the argument against competing on price. But it's no secret that Sprint has been in a really rough place recently. They desperately need another differentiator, something to set them apart from the rest of the Big 4. Somehow I don't think "most dependable 3G network" is going to stick, and "Now Network" is kind of ambiguous.

So, they're saying, "check it out: call ANY MOBILE PHONE IN THE COUNTRY as much as you want. Oh, and use all the other features of your phone as much as you want. That's our deal." There seems to be a gradual transition in their thinking to "we're the carrier that lets you do stuff."

Compared to VZW's infamous nickel-and-diming and stodgy (if "reliable") image, AT&T's congestion issues, and T-Mobile's lack of coverage ... I'd say the Sprint brand is going to suddenly get a lot more attractive with this move.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 09/10/2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Whim.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I had wondered why sprint didn't just move to ONE plan...unlimited all for like 70-80 a month. It simplifies things and lets them freely use that word "unlimited" Surprised they went to 70 though.

Still AT&T and Verizon users aren't exactly going to flock over there. And those companies will still be pulling much more revenue per user.

If i'm Joe Blow and don't really keep up in the tech news, i'd be wondering what's the catch? Or what's wrong with Sprint that they go so low? Is their service that crappy?

AT&T is pushing more bars in more places. Verizon is pushing the "can you hear me now" thing for years. Both push quality.

Sprint will push what? We're 70 a month? We're cheapest? Some articles were starting to appear that Sprint was turning it around. The Pre, Tour, and now the Hero. It's like they gave up and decided to resort to being super cheap. It's no secret Sprint has been gobbling up the pay as you go market and focusing on the thrifty end.

So it's not bashing, but it makes the job of projecting quality a bit harder. It's hard to say what effect the move will have.
    Well most people don't think like that i believe more people are looking at the country is in a depression and how can I save money, and sprint is showing people how. and they say they push quality but you can talk to any person i know on AT&T and they will tell you different.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast