Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zcu View Post
    Wow great for me, but I think anyone paying for the unlimited plan will be upset or downgrade.
    why be upset ? i will just downgrade call retention get the pick 3 added and use google voice for landlines
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Agree with you on the existing everything customers.
    But this is aimed to attract folks form other carriers.
    And is sure going to shake up the market a bit.
    Why would you think customers on other carriers go over their plan minutes any more than Sprint customers do? I still think this will have little real impact, but it's probably good for a bunch of advertising hype.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    why be upset ? i will just downgrade call retention get the pick 3 added and use google voice for landlines
    Google voice won't count as a mobile to mobile number. See the earlier post.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Only problem for me is that for 4 of us, we already have 1500 minutes, and we only ever use about 900 a month... and this will probably make that number drop drastically to near 600 a month. Crap! I guess I can't complain.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sprint service and my Pre. Where I live in Southeast Michigan, I hardly don't know a single person who has something other that Sprint (in my town). VZW doesn't even service our area, and ATT sucks. I love the quality of service I get, I love the benefits of being a Sprint Premiere customer (got this Pre after 11 1/2 months on contract for the 2 yr price ), I love the customer service I get (always willing to make a bill adjustment), and most of all, I love the price!! For everything that we get on our phones (4 on the everything data family 1500) we would have to pay near $90/month MORE on one of the other guys.

Long story short, kudos, Sprint!! I hope this works well for you!
    Does google voice not waste your minutes? Were you able to pick a google voice number with your current area code?

This minute plan is wonderful for me, I am a college student, I talk to my dad the most probably. He is on AT&T, so this is just great for me! I went over on my minutes the second month, that sucked. This will def keep me from going over. Now I don't have to wait until 7 to call friends either.

I have the 450 min plan btw...
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Google voice won't count as a mobile to mobile number. See the earlier post.
    read wut i said i will add the pick 3 plan to inclunde google voice
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Hmm and HOW does this affect all of us, that were forced to get the Everything Plan that already had nights and weekends, and unlimited data?

I have 1500 minutes shared with 3 phones and we never even get close to using all those minutes, but we use a LOT of data.

@wmurch3 How are you paying $30 bucks a month less???
    this is me also...i have WAY more minutes than i could ever use already at the lowest plan.

maybe i can get my sister and father to move over to our plan.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is there really any other choice for cdma? Always a tradeoff when compared with gsm if you travel often, but if Sprint works for you, it doesn't get any better.
    I don't really understand why people are so happy. You should all be pissed that it took this long for a major carrier to do this...and there is some fine print there (link here). While it MIGHT encourage other carriers to follow suite, what reason do they have?

Again every single carrier could do unlimited everything for around 60 bucks a month and still make tons of money. All these carriers are such ripoffs. Glad Sprint is taking a step forward but it's for all the wrong reasons.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Why would you think customers on other carriers go over their plan minutes any more than Sprint customers do? I still think this will have little real impact, but it's probably good for a bunch of advertising hype.
    No they don't ,
    So they get that favorite 5 phone option if they are ATT or TMobile ( it will limit them, but better than having none).

Its two fold , it will stop existing SPRINT customers to jump the ship and , attract new customers (especially the ones on Verizon) to get the cheaper plan (the 69.99 one ) plus get any good smart phone ( pick Pre, Touch Pro2 , Hero and the upcoming Pixie).

They have to see how it plays out over next six months.

My personal feeling , SPRINT will have tough time attracting any iPhone customers , but they can get Verizon folks in areas where they have strong signal strength.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Is there really any other choice for cdma? Always a tradeoff when compared with gsm if you travel often, but if Sprint works for you, it doesn't get any better.
    go get the Touch Pro2 or Bold/Tour , they have GSM option when you travel abroad.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    This is great. I only had the $69.99, 450 minute plan. Almost all the numbers I call are mobile numbers. I've got my GV number added to my Pick 3 feature too. gDial Pro is awesome. MyTether is awesome. Unlimited data and Sprint navigation.

Glad I left AT&T and the iPhone!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    This is great news for me. I have the family plan with unlimited text and data and 3000 minutes. We have been using ~1500 to ~1800 minutes per month. I'll wait a month and see how this affects our anytime minutes usage, but I imagine it will go down below 1500 minutes. If I can switch to 1500 minutes. I'll save ~$40 a month.
    Same story at my house...I'm looking forward to saving a few more dollars. Most folks in my area are on USCellular, and I'm telling them about this today!
    Free Reverse Lookup | WhitePages

checked my google voice with them and it shows as a cell maybe you should do the same !
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    tsk tsk tsk

For ANYONE WITHOUT an Everything plan
    If you have the 450 or the 900 plan. This is Big.
    If you have the simply everything plan i can get why you are not excited

How is this not a game changer?
    Yup completely agree,
    I call three iPhones and three T Mobile folks on a regular basis.
    I try to call them after 7:00 P.M. Now I don't have to do that.

Folks who have AT&T , carefully rollover their minutes , once they have enough banked they have no issues talking to me.

OTOH , T Mobile folks always complain , because they have no roll over, plus they have no 7:00 P.M unlimited.

For Verizon, hmm forget about it.

SPRINT sure will attract new folks from Verizon and T Mobile.

But it is a game changer for me ( the existing sprint customer).
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    Free Reverse Lookup | WhitePages

checked my google voice with them and it shows as a cell maybe you should do the same !
    Mine says "landline". Doh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Mine says "landline". Doh.
    i would like to see how many more say landline vs cell
    I went 65 minutes over last month on my 450 plan (lot of pre-7pm drama went on in my life last month). I rarely go over my minutes, but in the 3 or so years I've been with Sprint, it's happened 3 or 4 times -- enough to make me kick myself that month, not enough to shell out an extra $30 to protect against it. So yeah, this is welcome news to me.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    go get the Touch Pro2 or Bold/Tour , they have GSM option when you travel abroad.
    A little late for me, I'm afraid, as I decided to give webOS a thorough workout. As long as Palm doesn't let me down over the next year or longer, I'll manage when trips to EU are required. Thanks though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think this IS a game changer. Here is why:

The number one excuse people have when offered a great deal to switch providers is "All my family and friends use <insert overpriced carrier>, so I can't!"

That excuse officially is dead now.
    ROFL. I agree, AT&T aint got nothing on us but 2 bars. I believe more than half my family, who is with AT&T now, will be with Sprint. They all go over their minutes, and all they do is call mobile phones. Who talks on landlines these days? I haven't called or got a call from a landline in years.

When you start seeing 3-4 cars pulled over on every street with cops now, just think to yourself "Call Any Mobile, Anytime."
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast