Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Game changer? Nonsense. Well, unless most people think about it as little as the posters above.

I'm willing to bet 99% of Everything plan users don't go over their allotted minutes anyway. And if you don't go over your minutes now, this change will have no impact on your billing at all. Truth is, most users already have "free" calls. To Sprint customers, to other mobile customers, and to land lines.

Sprint wouldn't have done this if they anticipated a major hit to their revenue. They know that it won't change what most customers pay.
    Exactly, this won't lower my bill any. It just lessens the chances of having an overage.
    I have to agree.... This is an excellent move on Sprints behalf. Not only will it help regain more customers, but it will help promote the sales and support for phone like the Palm Pre, HTC Hero, and many other phones. Even though, it doesn't lower my bull I don't have to be as strict while being on the phone. If I am having a long conversation with someone on V's or ATT&T network, I can talk longer without running up my minutes.

Sprint is one step closer to being the "Now" network
    I used to be a Cricket guy. So this is old news. It's sad that carriers are FORCED to treat customers fairly because of greed. They could have done this 10 years ago but were to greedy. With Boost (owned by Sprint) and Cricket other carriers really have no excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Exactly, this won't lower my bill any. It just lessens the chances of having an overage.
    Exactly.

I'm on the 450 Everything Plan and never go over my minutes... ever.

This new Any Mobile, Anytime feature will just ensure I never go over my minutes... which is pretty cool.

It's not going to save me any money, however.

I'm going to guess that most people on the Unlimited Everything Plan for $99 will be able to switch to one of the two Anytime Plans at the lower price-point, especially the 450 Plan, and really save some cash with this new feature. But it might not be for everyone.
    I think this IS a game changer. Here is why:

The number one excuse people have when offered a great deal to switch providers is "All my family and friends use <insert overpriced carrier>, so I can't!"

That excuse officially is dead now.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Game changer? Nonsense. Well, unless most people think about it as little as the posters above.

I'm willing to bet 99% of Everything plan users don't go over their allotted minutes anyway. And if you don't go over your minutes now, this change will have no impact on your billing at all. Truth is, most users already have "free" calls. To Sprint customers, to other mobile customers, and to land lines.

Sprint wouldn't have done this if they anticipated a major hit to their revenue. They know that it won't change what most customers pay.
    tsk tsk tsk

For ANYONE WITHOUT an Everything plan
    If you have the 450 or the 900 plan. This is Big.
    If you have the simply everything plan i can get why you are not excited

How is this not a game changer?
    This is great news for me. I have the family plan with unlimited text and data and 3000 minutes. We have been using ~1500 to ~1800 minutes per month. I'll wait a month and see how this affects our anytime minutes usage, but I imagine it will go down below 1500 minutes. If I can switch to 1500 minutes. I'll save ~$40 a month.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Great news and Sprint needs the boost BADLY, or they wouldn't be doing this.

The sad part is that many people still think that Sprint will be out of business before long. Then Sprint users will be at the mercy of whoever picks them up...
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    My family averages 600 minutes per month with approximately 280 of those minutes spent on calls back and forth to ATT & V. So this is huge news for me. I can switch to the 450 minute plan! It's like getting a stimulus check every month. (every $20 bucks helps)
    Soo. The question I have still has a vague answer. If I roam and call mobile to mobile to a different network... Will I still be charged minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    This is great news for me. I have the family plan with unlimited text and data and 3000 minutes. We have been using ~1500 to ~1800 minutes per month. I'll wait a month and see how this affects our anytime minutes usage, but I imagine it will go down below 1500 minutes. If I can switch to 1500 minutes. I'll save ~$40 a month.
    This coupled with pick 3 or 5, i'm most definitely staying at 1500 plan. Wife had been using a 10 dollar airave plan (unlimited calling from home) but that's going bye bye as well. (wife and sister on sprint family plan + a Mifi...i'm on at&t)

With AT&T's pick 5 starting, its back to unlimited calling to friends & family..majority of which are already on sprint because i won't burn their minutes.

Only thing keeping me at at&t is of course, the iphone.

BTW..in regard to the Mifi. I had an USB card for only 6 months. But some time after talking to Sprint, they offered the Mifi for half price since i was going to cancel and eat the ETF. This is much smaller and easier to use. Put the cradlepoint routher and usb card on ebay.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3drow View Post
    so the only thing that will charge my minutes now is calling a landline?
    It looks like this only applies to outgoing calls to mobile. So you may still get charged for incoming calls from other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    It looks like this only applies to outgoing calls to mobile. So you may still get charged for incoming calls from other carriers.
    Actually, it appears it is good for outgoing AND incoming calls. The fine print of my email says: "Any Mobile, Anytime (AMA): Applies when directly dialing/receiving standard voice calls between domestic wireless numbers as determined when the call is placed using independent third party and Sprint databases."
    I have a family plan with 4 lines and we push 1500 minutes every month. This should make me rest easier.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think this IS a game changer. Here is why:

The number one excuse people have when offered a great deal to switch providers is "All my family and friends use <insert overpriced carrier>, so I can't!"

That excuse officially is dead now.
    That's it! You're right. Total game-changer!
    overused phrases of the day: "when is the update?" and "game-changer"
    This is HUGE.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    anyone know if i would still get the corp disc on the new plan? less 20%
    This works great for me. My wife and I share 1500 minutes and she uses almost 1200+ a month being on PTA and her business. This will save me plenty of overages and having to tell her to go easy on the minutes.
    i am about to add my whole family to my plan and charge them 30 dollars a pop in the end i will be earning about 80 dollars a month!!!
    and yes sprint does rock!!!!!!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast