Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsjr22 View Post
    This is an upgrade FOR the Everything Plan you have. It just means now that you won't even come remotely close to using your 1500 min. If I were you I'd look into downgrading the 1500 to something a bit lower if you can. If not your still getting a heck of a deal on three phones.

BTW the reason wmurch3 is paing 30 less is that the 450 Everything plan, which I have, cost 69.99 while the EVERYTHING plan with unlimited everything cost 99.99.

I'm personally SUPER excited about this. I travel a lot and have tons of friends outside of the network. So I'm forced to call them after 7. I think this is one of the best things any carrier has done hands down.

Rob

Hmm nope, cant see where I have any options that this would help. The family share plans with unlimited data and talk are 129, 169, 189 for 1500, 3000, unlimited mintues , respectively. There is no plan I can change to that just reduces the minutes and keeps my unlimited data, which is what we realy use the most of.

Again, happy for those it helps, just does nothing for me..
    I doubt it, but I wonder if Google Voice numbers are considered "mobile".
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I doubt it, but I wonder if Google Voice numbers are considered "mobile".
    A few weeks ago, I looked myself up on one of those "find anyone" websites. The free search listed my GV number as a "landline," so I kind of doubt it.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    For me, this means I can stop calling my iPhone-toting friends on their Skype-In numbers. For some reason, calls to Skype phone numbers from my Pre have been getting billed as Mobile-to-Mobile minutes. No idea why.
    Sprint is killin' em haha
    So that mean I can use google voice and call landlines? ..or is google voice not a mobile?
    ^ Considering what I just posted above, I'd say "no."
    I must overread the post. Everybody I know got verizon. So I can call them. Free for me but they got to wait til 9 still ha
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have the $69.99 everything plan and I rarely go over my minutes but this is still a good upgrade from Sprint. I can lower the additional line on my account from the $99.99 plan.
    I must overread the post. Everybody I know got verizon. So I can call them. Free for me but they got to wait til 9 still ha
    Yeah, that's kind of the thing that's gonna end up burning some people up. I, on Sprint, can go ahead and call all the VZW, T-Mo, and AT&T folks I want, anytime. But unless I'm calling them after 7/8/9pm, they're eventually going to feel the heat on their minute bucket.

I'm guessing Sprint is hoping that those people will then say, "well damn then. Why don't I switch to Sprint?"
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Game changer? Nonsense. Well, unless most people think about it as little as the posters above.

I'm willing to bet 99% of Everything plan users don't go over their allotted minutes anyway. And if you don't go over your minutes now, this change will have no impact on your billing at all. Truth is, most users already have "free" calls. To Sprint customers, to other mobile customers, and to land lines.

Sprint wouldn't have done this if they anticipated a major hit to their revenue. They know that it won't change what most customers pay.
    Agree with you on the existing everything customers.
    But this is aimed to attract folks form other carriers.
    And is sure going to shake up the market a bit.

More than 85% of my calls are to Mobile phones ( either SPRINT or AT&T)
    I have a family plan , but for folks with single line this translates to having unlimited calling for 69 dollars ( with GPS, TV , Email and texting ).
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of the thing that's gonna end up burning some people up. I, on Sprint, can go ahead and call all the VZW, T-Mo, and AT&T folks I want, anytime. But unless I'm calling them after 7/8/9pm, they're eventually going to feel the heat on their minute bucket.

I'm guessing Sprint is hoping that those people will then say, "well damn then. Why don't I switch to Sprint?"
    YESSS, that was the intention. I bet it will attract new customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    ... The family share plans with unlimited data and talk are 129, 169, 189 for 1500, 3000, unlimited mintues , respectively. ...
    Hi Diane Helen,
    I'm not quite understanding the plan that you have. When I tried adding the Pre to a family plan (as an add-a-phone), it would have raised the price of each of the other four phones on the plan by some substantial amount and my bill would have went from the $100-$150 range to something like $400. So instead, I kept the family plan for the other phones, and changed the line for my Pre from an added phone to an Everything Data 450 plan. The family plan still shares the previous family minutes and I had my own 450 anytime minutes. Would structuring your plan like mine (where the family has their own family plan, and you have an ED 450 plan save you money? If you already have a better deal then I guess you've been saving money all along! If not, maybe you can call *2, ask for "account services" (formerly called "retentions"), and see if they can give you some sort of equivalent deal.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    So what's the diff between the 99.99 plan and this one now?
    Awesome! Just switched my plan (effective next billing cycle). It'll save me $20/month, and it's just what I needed. I had the Everything 900 plan, but I always teetered between 400-500 minutes of usage of the anytime minutes... but most of those minutes were to mobile phones on other carriers, so this change is definitely a win for my wallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    you get to call landlines
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    The $99 Simply Everything plan offers unlimited calling to any number, anytime. This new Any Mobile Anytime add-on just gives you unlimited calling to other mobile phones - not landlines.
    The $99 Simply Everything plan offers unlimited calling to any number, anytime. This new Any Mobile Anytime add-on just gives you unlimited calling to other mobile phones - not landlines.
    and thats where the 450 minutes comes in?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I started to think that this was a pretty awesome deal also until I considered that I am routing everything to my Google Voice number.

That is the beauty of calling to get the Pick 3 or 5 plan. If not GVoice users would get hosed plan would be pretty useless.

Honestly....and nothing against us current customers....BUT THIS is what Sprint is going for.

Which is kind of funny in away. Say you are 1 out of 10 people you regularly call on Sprint, the other 9 someone else. Well somehow this promotion gets those other 9 to switch to Sprint, or atleast 5 of them. Its WIN WIN for Sprint and those other people. As the minutes would no longer count regardless since they are Sprint to Sprint.

Honestly this is a gamechanger...unfortunately its not really a game changer for anyone that is an existing customer. Myself included, as I am hardly making calls on my cell between business hours(9 to 5) which are the majority of hours minutes would cost me. I think I use maybe 200 a month out of 1500.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast