1.    #1  
    Ok, I know homebrews are not illegal but I have a question. I preformed a soft reset and when I got back to my phone it won't turn on. It was charging too. I am gonna let it sit on the charger all night but my question is. If I take it to sprint and they fix it. Will they see I have homebrew apps and a virtual keyboard and void my warranty?
    no.
  3.    #3  
    So even if they see the homebrews it won't effect anything. Like a jailbroken ipod
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    So even if they see the homebrews it won't effect anything. Like a jailbroken ipod
    No. It doesn't create any hardware changes so no warranty issues.
    No. And I was at a Sprint Studio store and the manager and two tech support staff had homebrew apps on their Pre's. LOL.
    As part of the WEBOS SDK TOS, Palm stated that devs must agree to use the official APP Catalog for software sales distribution. The Homebrew scene here at P|C, webosinternals etc is explicitly for "beta testing" apps (i.e. no sales of apps). That is the loop hole being used. In fact quite a few apps here are in the process or already have graduated from homebrew into the App catalog. Palm would be supremely foolish if they tried to squash the homebrew community imo.

As far as sprint is concerned. the average tech there probably hasn't even heard of homebrew so I doubt they would even know about patches etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    im going to go with gfunk, average tech has no idea what the difference between homebrew and app catolog material, much less figure out how to launch the keyboard. If you cant get it to turn on, run it through the WebOS Doctor, see if it reboots your device before you go to a Sprint Store.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Exactly, if theres nothing physically wrong with the phone they'll probably just run webdoctor anyways and do what you could do at home on your own time. Hope you backed up your contacts...
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Theres probably nothing wrong with your phone just take of the battery for a little.
    Just got my Pre

How do you back up anything on it? It has a back up application - is that what you are talking about?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin McK View Post
    Just got my Pre

How do you back up anything on it? It has a back up application - is that what you are talking about?
    yes
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I am a service and repair tech,
    I get pre's all the time with homebrew, I laugh everytime i see one, cause they dont have as much cool stuff as mine
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    That made me smile!
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    I am a service and repair tech,
    I get pre's all the time with homebrew, I laugh everytime i see one, cause they dont have as much cool stuff as mine
    So... What all do YOU have that we don't? Haha
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ive exchanged 2 of my pre's ALL rooted with virtual keyboard and homebrew. No one said anything.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps