1.    #1  
    Ok so I went to starbucks... The wifi is for att customers pretty much. Unless you pay for a 2 hour slot.

I did see an option that said if you have roaming with another carrier, sign in using ur name and password. Sprint has free roaming right? So can I sign in with my sprint account and get roaming wifi access...?

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks
    no
    Don't think so...

If you want "free" wifi at Starbucks, get one of their payment cards. After you register it, and as long as you buy something or add funds every 30 days, you can use their wifi for up to two hours a day.

(I don't know if the Starbucks portal and login actually work with the Pre, but they should...)
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    That's weird....I was able to connect to their wireless w/o any issues. Lucky I guess.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darsal View Post
    Don't think so...

If you want "free" wifi at Starbucks, get one of their payment cards. After you register it, and as long as you buy something or add funds every 30 days, you can use their wifi for up to two hours a day.

(I don't know if the Starbucks portal and login actually work with the Pre, but they should...)
    Yep, the portal works fine on the Pre. Even from the parking lot. Using the card once a month is, indeed, a good deal to maintain the free internet.
    You can also use Starbucks WiFi if you have AT&T as your home DSL provider. I don't need to since I have a Starbucks card that I use too much. Pre works fine with Starbucks WiFi.
    Any way to get the pre to automatically log into starbucks attwifi if we have an at&t login? My home DSL gives me such a login, but it's a pain to do that in the pre... maybe iphone useragent spoofing?

Anybody tried this yet?

I just want my Pre to magically grab the starbucks internet with as little work on my part as possible.

I'm lazy.
    The sprint roaming you are referring to is for Sprint's ancient wi-fi service that they no longer offer. This is not for cell users.