1.    #1  
    I bought my Pre as a new Sprint customer on 08/24/09 at Best Buy. So now do I just go to Best Buy and ask for the $50? Do they give me cash or a check? How does it work exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by italianguy728 View Post
    I bought my Pre as a new Sprint customer on 08/24/09 at Best Buy. So now do I just go to Best Buy and ask for the $50? Do they give me cash or a check? How does it work exactly?
    Yes! and it will be the same as your payment method. ie Did you pay cash,or credit card, Or check. thats how they normally do things.
    i just got my credit from sprint wooohoo i ordered mine online and got it that quick!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    what about if you have gotten it on aug 1? wont they at least credit your account something?
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by styngray View Post
    what about if you have gotten it on aug 1? wont they at least credit your account something?
    S
    I have a thread about this at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1881745 ... I was able to get a $50 credit from my Pre that I purchased on 7/1! So, give Sprint a call and hope for the best!
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    Will Best Buy honor it or will they send you to an actual Sprint store or to Customer Care?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    Will Best Buy honor it or will they send you to an actual Sprint store or to Customer Care?
    I'm going in tomorrow to BBY to get my $50 back, I'll report back and let you know.

But I would imagine they will do it themselves. BBY Mobile is (more or less) independent of the carriers.
    Last edited by mhespenh; 09/09/2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added a suposition
  8.    #8  
    So if I payed cash at BB they will give me the $50 cash up front?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    yes they should, not sure on exact best buy policy, they could be mean and give you a gift card lol.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Okay, I went to BBY yesterday, had to print out the page from the BBY website that showed the Pre at $149.99 (because the new price hadn't run through the system yet), then they gave me the difference in cash (cause I payed in cash). In most cases BBY will issue refunds/corrections in the same method you originally paid (so payed by credit, you'll get a refund on your card, cash gets cash), unless you paid by check- then they usually give you cash.

Just print out this page:
    wireless.bestbuy.com/specialoffer.aspx?cid=34308_3ee9c6228fb44052ab3fd5189d576537

Or, go here, enter your zip code and press "Shop Now" and it will show the new price ($149.99) and print that page out.
    wireless.bestbuy.com/mobile/sprint.aspx?referringdomain=bestbuy3

-Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by mhespenh View Post
    Okay, I went to BBY yesterday, had to print out the page from the BBY website that showed the Pre at $149.99 (because the new price hadn't run through the system yet), then they gave me the difference in cash (cause I payed in cash). In most cases BBY will issue refunds/corrections in the same method you originally paid (so payed by credit, you'll get a refund on your card, cash gets cash), unless you paid by check- then they usually give you cash.

Just print out this page:
    wireless.bestbuy.com/specialoffer.aspx?cid=34308_3ee9c6228fb44052ab3fd5189d576537

Or, go here, enter your zip code and press "Shop Now" and it will show the new price ($149.99) and print that page out.
    wireless.bestbuy.com/mobile/sprint.aspx?referringdomain=bestbuy3

-Michael
    did you take the receipt or anything or just show up with the pre haha
    Took some convincing, but I got Best Buy to give me $50 yesterday...though they somehow subtracted sales tax on $50, so I got $48 and change...weird...didn't feel like haggling over a couple bucks.
    i bought my Pre 28 days ago from Sprint telesales, and after a little static, I got my $50 credited to my bill (where I charged the phone in the first place). Don't give up, Sprint cust supp can be VERY DIFFICULT, be polite, but be persistant and they'll cave.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My Sprint store had no idea what I was talking about, they still have 199 on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by raudaa View Post
    My Sprint store had no idea what I was talking about, they still have 199 on the Pre

Did you talk to anyone at the Sprint store or did you just walk in and look at the Palm Pre display? It still says 199.99 on the display but all the reps know that it went down $50.

Thats how it was yesterday when I bought my Pre. I saw the price on the display and it said 199.99 but i already knew that it was 149.99. Went up to the guy told him i wanted to upgrade and he said "well they went down $50 so nows a great time to upgrade"
    See the answer 2sslow provided (3rd post) to your original question .
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Took some convincing, but I got Best Buy to give me $50 yesterday...though they somehow subtracted sales tax on $50, so I got $48 and change...weird...didn't feel like haggling over a couple bucks.
    Same Here. I went yesterday (just took the receipt) and they refunded in cash (I paid using my debit card) $49.50. Thought it was weird that I got charged tax on it, but wasn't going to argue over 50 cents.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Hah, yea, I had my receipt :-P
    I bought my Pre with a debit card from Best Buy on 8/10, went back to Best Buy on 9/10 without a receipt. The cute girl behind the counter looked up the purchase with my debit card, and within seconds handed me back $53 exactly, printed out a new receipt, and I used it towards a purchase of a Jabra Halo :P