Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Not really. The Palm hotsync software (I never installed Palm Desktop) didn't require the user to put their phone in developer mode. It also came on a CD with the phone.
    Guess it's all a matter of opinion. Some might find typing in a command "difficult". I'm surprised you do though.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Non-public API or not, it seems that Palm wants to avoid apps breaking during updates. I can understand that. Their decision is based on "quality".

However, I can easily findexamples of poor quality in their official app store:

Accuweather - works well, but has anyone looked at its menus? Apparently there was no space bsr available to them during dev.

Video Poker/Aces games - does spamming us with ads really make for quality?

Ild take a quality media player like NaNplayer any day over some of that other stuff. Even if it broke post-update I'm sure there would be a quick fix.

I suspect part of the reason for rejection may be due to Palm developing their own media app update as indicated on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Video Poker/Aces games - does spamming us with ads really make for quality?
    No, but 'spamming us with ads' means that we can get the game for free while at the same time the game developer can make a profit off it, making it worthwhile to continue in the future.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I hear you re the spam, but that's not really my point.

On the one hand Palm is fine with apps that have 100% of their menus with typos, while at the same time they reject an app due to API reasons even though it is very polished.

Also, let's be honest here: some app catalogue stuff is great, but some aren't exactly life-changing. Free - yes. Quality - meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Guess it's all a matter of opinion. Some might find typing in a command "difficult". I'm surprised you do though.
    I don't, and I even know what command to type. I would no expect most owners of the Pre to have that information or know where to look.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213