Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I'd have a difficult time filling up 8gb, and I hated having to carry around a mem card for my Treo.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    8's enough for me.... but more would be better of course. I've got about 10 full length movies on there, 8 television episodes, a few random vids from youtube, about 150 songs and still have 2.3gigs left. Good enough for me as I rarely even watch the movies since i've been busy at work lately.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I use Orb, which allows storing all video/music content on a computer and stream. I'm only using 1GB of the storage and have access to 750GB of video and 150GB+ of music.

webOS was designed to live in the cloud so that you don't need a lot of local storage. Palm needs to officially support cloud access to personal content though and embrace Orb or something similar.
    More memory would be nice but the 8G is enough for me. I have 1183 songs, many homebrew apps and lots of pictures on my phone plus Microsoft documents leaving me with a little over 2G of memory. The quality of the music player was so good that I gave my 4G Nano to my wife. I create playlist folders for my Pre on Itunes and it works great. If you wanted to add movies the memory would be an issue, but for my I would rather watch movies from my 17in laptop instead of the tiny Pre screen.
    More memory would def. be nice. I have 1200 songs, very few picture, and some apps, I am pushing the 8gb mark... I got the iphone when it first came out, the 8gb version. So just thinking that over 2 years later, I am still at 8gb... lol

Oh well I might just have to get a zune HD to compensate.
    Happy with 8Gigs here...16-32 would be nice but no biggy. PALM rocks

Only half full here after pics, music (some to listen too, enough for most cases), ringtones, etc.

Only problem I have is the partition for the apps is not big enough, and its not a 8gig problem so...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post

People will make excuses for why "8 is enough" or blame the user for having expectations, It's not your "feeling" that 8GB is small, it's the reality of the industry. Whether you use the full amount or not, 8GB is an outdated amount for a 2009 product.
    I agree with this 100%. The bottom line is that Palm's main competitor has a device with eight times as much memory. If Palm doesn't do something to close that gap, they are going to continue to lose customers to Apple. Some may argue that the Pre is aimed more at the business user. This may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that the market is trending towards consolidation. Why carry around a phone, an mp3 player and a camera, when one device can do it all? Right now, the Pre's 8GB limitation prevents it from being a do it all device. This clearly goes against the grain of the market, and Palm needs to seriously rethink their strategy if they want to gain a bigger piece of the pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
    I agree with this 100%. The bottom line is that Palm's main competitor has a device with eight times as much memory. If Palm doesn't do something to close that gap, they are going to continue to lose customers to Apple. Some may argue that the Pre is aimed more at the business user. This may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that the market is trending towards consolidation. Why carry around a phone, an mp3 player and a camera, when one device can do it all? Right now, the Pre's 8GB limitation prevents it from being a do it all device. This clearly goes against the grain of the market, and Palm needs to seriously rethink their strategy if they want to gain a bigger piece of the pie.
    Well in fairness, I don't really think Palm could've afforded to do multiple devices at launch, they had to pick one version to get out the door, and the cheapest 8GB one makes sense for that. I really believe that in the next few months they'll announce a storage bump, probably a 16GB model. At this point though they should really be announcing a 16GB and a 32GB by then.
    I agree that the 8GB version is small in today's climate. I hope the rumors of a 16GB being announced soon are not completely off. I'd love to have a 16GB version.
    To bad someone couldn't find a way to plug a different chip into the phone. Anything is possible right? Couple of extra wires and a steady hand? LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12