1.    #1  
    I never paid attn to this until today but when receiving a call I have to slide to answer, the dial pad app animation pops up and down then the person calling picture animation pops up. Doesn't that seem like a lot of steps?

also, I figured out it is best to slide out the keyboard to answer instead of sliding up the green button. I missed a lot of calls trying slide the green button.

Separate but related when I dial any number I.e. calling the bank why does the dial app stay blank instead of defaulting to the number pad.
    I don't have a problem answering calls.

But I do hear you on the number pad thing. it'd be great if it was a setting to default to the dial pad when making a call.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Dude you must be really slow at answering phone calls.lol
    Your not crazy.. It happens. The Dialer/Phone app needs serious work.
    I agree having the dialer pad show up would be nice, but I think having it go away is part of how Palm tries to avoid accidental button presses with your check when you are using the phone. The proximity sensor is not always fast enough to prevent all button presses.
    The real challenge in answering calls on the Pre comes if you use Google Voice. Because not only do you have to wait for the Pre to get its act together to answer the call in the first place, but then you have to press "1" to put the call through. Most times, I miss it, because the software is so slow to render the damn dialer. Even the physical "1" key doesn't register till that damn dialer is all set up.

My one real complaint about the "phone" feature.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    have any of you tried this? http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html Ive been using this on my WM phones for years, helps out.
    How is sliding a green circle up a lot of steps or difficult in any way?
    1.Slide circle up/press green button
    2.Put phone to ear
    3.Talk

What's there to LOL about?
    MAny times I slide the green button all the way to the top of the phone - only for it to snap back into place and want me to slide it again. When this happens, repeated slides do the same thing, won't answer and I miss the call.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    MAny times I slide the green button all the way to the top of the phone - only for it to snap back into place and want me to slide it again. When this happens, repeated slides do the same thing, won't answer and I miss the call.
    Happens way too frequently. I hope the dialer received some love in the pending 1.2 update.