Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    If this turns out to be true, it will likely be the final financial burden to un-do Sprint or with the purchase of Virgin and management of Boost, turn them in to a pre-pay company all together.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Does this then change the contract, allowing us to possibly get out of the contract? Not that I want to.. but yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    This is pretty good but not as good for me as AT&T Unity was. That was an awesome plan in a heavy AT&T area since not only mobile phones but land lines were also included.
    only thing that sucks about unity is that you have to be on at least the 900 individual or 700 family and have combined billing with your home phone...who has a home phone nowadays?

For every 10 i pitch that to at least 4 of them say no because the add a line is replacing their home phone, or because having the home phone and cellphone bill due on the same date is hard.

However Unity and the IPHONE have lured plenty away from sprint....not sure if they are coming back sans the IPHONE because of this new promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Check the corporate discounts.
    Oddly enough sprint has no discount for ATT employees...At least thats what i've been told...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/09/2009 at 08:45 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I don't mean to sound so dumb, but how would Sprint know when a different number is a cell number and not a landline if its not a Sprint number?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Oddly enough sprint has no discount for ATT employees...At least thats what i've been told...
    I was more referring to the 10% Credit Union discount for having any credit union, or the 25% Alliant Credit Union discount if you're a member there.

Edit: Apparently Alliant only gives a 10% discount now as well.
    The towers know..

For example if you go to www.wirelessamberalerts.org, it can say which number belongs to which carrier
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    I'm still confused though. If you're paying $99 then you already have unlimited everything. If you're paying $69.99 then you're getting 450 minutes and everything else unlimited. Now, I can see how someone like me with only 450 minutes might get excited because it would mean I now have unlimited minutes, but I'm sure I'll have to pay for it. So my question is, unless it's less than $30 per month, how exactly would the new plan (free mobile to mobile) be any different than the $99 plan? And if the new plan was less than $30 per month then why wouldn't someone with a $99 plan just drop to a $69.99 plan and just add the "unlimited" fee?

I'm confused...

Lots of people with large bucket family plans that pay more than $100/month for data plus minutes. This would be huge for those users fyi!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    I'm still confused though. If you're paying $99 then you already have unlimited everything. If you're paying $69.99 then you're getting 450 minutes and everything else unlimited. Now, I can see how someone like me with only 450 minutes might get excited because it would mean I now have unlimited minutes, but I'm sure I'll have to pay for it. So my question is, unless it's less than $30 per month, how exactly would the new plan (free mobile to mobile) be any different than the $99 plan? And if the new plan was less than $30 per month then why wouldn't someone with a $99 plan just drop to a $69.99 plan and just add the "unlimited" fee?

I'm confused...
    This is only to MOBILE (CELLULAR) phones...This 'unlimited' would not count toward business lines or home phone lines...
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    As it was explained to me. As long as you are within the SPRINT network ...not roaming...and you are on one of the Everything plans. All mobile to mobile calls are not charged to your anytime minutes. If you have the $99 plan ..everything is unlimited. Im sure alot of ppl will be downgrading plans.
    This plan is to ANY network......at ANY time!!!!!!! Also FROM ANY NETWORK to your cell........PERIOD!!!!.....Sounds simple to me!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Lots of people with large bucket family plans that pay more than $100/month for data plus minutes. This would be huge for those users fyi!!!
    AMEN!!!!!...Long time GMAN!!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zpoettker View Post
    Does this then change the contract, allowing us to possibly get out of the contract? Not that I want to.. but yeah...
    Quick answer... No
    Yep, just got off the phone and it will be applied to my plan by tomorrow night. This is friggin sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    This plan is to ANY network......at ANY time!!!!!!! Also FROM ANY NETWORK to your cell........PERIOD!!!!.....Sounds simple to me!!
    My bad, my post was unclear ..the first part was regarding the new "mobile to mobile" feature ..you have to be within the sprint network..(Not roaming) and its now free to or from any mobile phone. But if you have the the $99 unlimited plan ..it is unrestricted ...
    It's pretty simple really. All you need is an everything plan and unlimited mobile to mobile will be added to your plan automatically. And the definition of mobile in this case is a mobile number on ANY carrier in the U.S.

If you're on the $99 simply everything plan that covers unlimited calling to mobile numbers AND numbers that are not mobile. If you don't need that anymore than just move down to the $89 or $69 dollar everything plan.

If Sprint goes down you can't say they didn't put up a fight...
    is this just automatic or is this gonna be an option to add?
    So basically the 'base' plane will cost a price they determine...thus, anyone with data has unlimited calls to mobile phones.

with that basic plan, you get lets say 450 'non-mobile minutes. If you want 900, ''backup'' minutes, you pay x dollars more. If you want unlimited everything, you pay base + Y dollars more.

this works bc we still have to call landlines/companies.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    is this a joke.... i already have unlimited m2m...
    lol i was thinking the same thing. i think its for alll mobile carriers.
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

Yknow what's hilarious? My husband works for VZ and we have a monster discount (28% I think?) to go through Sprint. He barely got anything if we went through VZ. (3%!)
    Nothing is confirmed. We have heard over and over "A Rep told me", doesn't mean it is confirmed. Don't get your hopes up folks-A lot of people thought the Touch with a camera was also confirmed and were very disappointed today. Remember, rumors mean nothing until an actual announcement is made.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Reading this thread did nothing but confuse me lol. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast