Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me how to forward picture mail and text?
    1-Welcome to the Forums!
    2-You'll find almost anything you need in these forums, and you should use the 'Search' feature to do so before you post.
    3-Homebrew has a patch/tweak/mod that enables this. Search over there for the latest results.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The short answer is that you cannot do this.
    The short answer is that it is actually very easy to do once you install webos quick install. once it's properly installed (definitely the hardest step), you just have to check a box and forwarding is enabled. You just tap on a message and it'll prmpt you if you want to forward it.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    That's the long answer.

The short answer is that Palm does not currently support forwarding MMS or SMS messages.

There are hacks that enable it, but you need to have a PC, enable developer mode, and not be afraid of screwing up your phone after you hack system files in a way that makes the phone deviate from the baseline.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the help. I serched the homebrew apps and could not find the app that allows this. Do you know what app it is? Thanks
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html, put your phone in developer mode-http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/10/the-secret-to-palm-pre-dev-mode-lies-in-the-konami-code/, then connect phone to PC and in the tweaks section of Quick Install, there is an option for forwarding
  8.    #8  
    Thanks I got it now.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Gompers ... Why would you tell someone no when you obviously know that it can be done . That is pretty close to a lie.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    its not enabled by palm to do those things, and not everyone can homebrew (or would want to)
    save the picture to your phone the attach it to your message
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rivarat462 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I serched the homebrew apps and could not find the app that allows this. Do you know what app it is? Thanks
    Patch Messaging Forward Messages - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    So then if you feel the need to post then tell the truth to begin with not a lie. Whether or not the person wants to is up to them. To tell them "NO" is a lie that is my point. If you or Gumpers don't like to do or try these things fine. If your upset Palm has not enabled this then just say your opinion. Don't lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    So then if you feel the need to post then tell the truth to begin with not a lie. Whether or not the person wants to is up to them. To tell them "NO" is a lie that is my point. If you or Gumpers don't like to do or try these things fine. If your upset Palm has not enabled this then just say your opinion. Don't lie.
    huh?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    lulz
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Sorry Warblad ...did you want me so say something to you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Sorry Warblad ...did you want me so say something to you ?
    just trying to figure out what does your quote has to do with forwarding a picture. i not trying to be funny or sarcastic or anything just wondering
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I asked gompers to not lie in posting that it could not be done. It can so that was my point that what it has to do with it forwarding stuff....
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Do you think it is right to tell someone no when you know it is possible if they so choose ?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    not trying to get involved here, but gompers didnt lie. you cant do it normally on the pre. thats why gompers said "short answer is no".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast