Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    we better stop asking for the refund, look at number 3

10 Big Companies That Are Veering Toward Bankruptcy: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance
    Has anyone had any luck in getting the $50.00 credit if they bought from Radio Shack?
    I got my $50 credit and an activation fee credit becuase the A-holes at the impact wireless store in Boise, ID kept giving me lip service about getting me the credits, but never did. STAY AWAY FROM IMPACT WIRELESS IN BOISE, ID!

On a positive note, sprint customer care took care of me and I am soooo happy right now! I will be a sprint customer for life!
    Emailed them and got a $25 credit. Can't complain. Especially loved not having to talk to anyone
    just sent my email, we'll see....wont bother me if they deny it since I only pay $25 a month for service anyhow
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    got my email back, $50 credit applied
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i spoke to one sales rep and one manager and neither would bend to give me the $50 credit....got my Pre july 6th.

oh well
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I had seen this thread for a while, but didn't read it, as I had purchased my Pre on launch day and figured I was well past any opportunity. I finally dropped in last night to check it out, and then fired off an e-mail. I woke up this AM to Sprint's e-mail confirming the $50.00 credit. Thanks everyone, I'm off to buy a Touchstone
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I just sent the following email to Sprint:

>>With great anticipation due to Sprint's marketing campaign to me as a "Premier" customer, I purchased 2 Palm Pres as soon as they hit the market and was very disappointed to learn that had I just waited a bit, the price would be reduced by $50.00 per phone, for a total saving to me of $100.00.

I feel that loyal customers should get the benefit of this reduction before new customers!!

I would greatly appreciate it if Sprint could see fit to issue me a $100.00 bill credit to show their appreciation of my long-time relationship.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.<<

This is the response I received:

>>Your inquiry has been submitted to our Customer Care Team. We look forward to answering your questions and responding to your comments. Our goal is to contact you within 24 hours, although response times do vary. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

You can help us ensure you receive our email response by adding Sprint.com to your email safe list. If your service won't allow this, please contact your provider to learn how you can safely receive our messages.<<

So since this was obviously an automated response, I will just have to wait and see if I have reached the right person.

UPDATE TO POST:

Wow, within an hour of my request, I received the following email from Sprint:

>>Dear Steven,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern regarding
    the reduction in Palm Pre price.

We have reduced the price of Palm Pre phone by $50.00 to our all the
    customers, who will be upgrading to this phone now.

As you have upgraded the phone before launch of this promotion, you got
    the phone without this rebate. However, considering your valuable
    association with us, I have applied a credit of $100.00 ($50.00 * 2
    phones) on your account. Now, your updated account balance is $216.52.
    This credit will reflect on your next invoice dated October 14, 2009.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
    Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of
    further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Abelardo D.
    Sprint
    <<

Man, am I glad I stumbled upon this thread. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by smkcpa; 09/19/2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Received response from Sprint Customer Service
    Steve
    Would like to give the email routine a shot. Phone call did not work for me.
    Thanks, Rich
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwgreenberg View Post
    Would like to give the email routine a shot. Phone call did not work for me.
    Thanks, Rich
    I logged into my Sprint account online and used the "contact us" link to send them the message. For the drop down category, I selected billing inquiry.
    Steve
    I got my Pre on launch day. I tried online chat two times, but they said no both times. Then I emailed Sprint requesting a $50 credit and they gave it to me for my longstanding relationship with them. Thanks for the advice!
    I've called and emailed. First the lady on the phone said that they did it because Verizon has the pre now and they don't want to lose Sprint customers to Verizon -- but my contract was just renewed so I'm not one they are worried about. Lovely, huh?

email query said no as well.

Really happy with Sprint at the moment.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    what address is everyone emailing? Is it just the general support submission through sprint.com?

I bought the pre 2 days ago!!!!
    I have called my store, talked to my sales rep, he had no idea and still has not returned the call.
    I have done an online chat with a customer service rep, she said yes sprint should price match especially within the 30 day return window and go back to point of sale store.
    I called cust service, i was told no price match, return the phone, purchase the new amazon phone with new sprint contract, wait for credit on existing plan, cancel it and port my number to new contract. ***!!!!
    I sent two emails.. with no luck =(

I purchased my Palm Pre on 7-26-09

Any more tips?

Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 09/25/2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I sent two emails.. with no luck =(

I purchased my Palm Pre on 7-26-09

Any more tips?

This is the email address that I received my credit from:

ecare2@cc.sprintpcs.com
    Steve
    I just confirmed this is definitely still doable. Yesterday afternoon, I went to the Sprint web site and submitted and e-mail question from this location - Email Us

They make you submit a search on your question first, but then you land on a page where you can fill out a form to submit a question via e-mail. Here is what I said:

I left a previous mobile provider to join Sprint back in July in order to take advantage of the awesome new Palm Pre phone.

So far, I am extremely happy with both my new phone and service from Sprint, but I was recently disappointed to see that the price for the Palm Pre dropped by $50 for new customers like me though. Is there any way I could be credited against the higher price I paid so that I could take advantage of that same great price?

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
    Less than 24 hrs later I got a response and a $50 credit applied to my account.

The response was a bit confusing as they started out saying the price of the phone was fixed and could not be matched but then went on a gave credit anyway. Here's what they said:
    The price of a phone is fixed on the basis of cost to the manufacturer, marketing cost and market demand. The manufacturer and Sprint together fixed the price. We can not predict the price change of a handset because the price is directly depending on the market. You have purchased the phone when there was a very high demand of the handset.
    The price of the Palm Pre at that time was $199.99 after all the rebate.

It is not possible to match the price of a handset. However, there is no credit adjustment on your account, I am applying one time credit of $50.00 credit on your account. This credit will reflect on your forthcoming invoice dated October 14, 2009. Now, the account has a credit balance of $50.00 which will be adjusted with the forthcoming invoice.
    Works for me. Thanks for this thread!

- Chris
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre (from TeleSales) for less than a month, and was waiting to decide if I want to keep it before submitting the rebate form. It was $100 when I bought it, and I haven't investigated getting the extra $50.

I went online today to download the rebate form, and it says my packing slip has to be dated later the 9/3/2009. Mine's 9/1/2009! So I checked my rebate eligibility, and it said "Not Eligible"

What The ???!

I have four days to send this thing back! Is Sprint gonna make me do it?

I Love my Pre, and seem to have gotten a good one. With all the whining I see on this site about build quality, I'd really like to keep the one I have for fear of getting a dud.

Sprint's support is much better than the bad old days, but I guess they still have areas that need a little tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    emailed also. i hate calling them, you always talk to 3 different people (and hav to explain yourself to each one every time) and then you usually end up getting hung up on.

well see. i got mine on launch day but hey ya never know!!!! i made sure to throw in an apple/iphone comment. That usually grabs attention!
    Used to have the same problem. For the past 6 mo or so, I always stay on the line with the same person (once I get the right department, usually get transfered at least once) and they get me taken care of ASAP. Ive had GREAT CS lately.

Hell, last time I called it was to drop the second like the dweeb at the store signed me up on that I did NOT want. The CS person literally said "well, Ill save you the song and dance we folks usually give you and just get this taken care of along with a... hows $50 credit sound to make up for the trouble?" I was floored! It was the first time I felt compelled to ask for a supervisor for a GOOD reason Hope she becomes a supervisor some day, because she made it really painless.
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    I've had my Pre (from TeleSales) for less than a month, and was waiting to decide if I want to keep it before submitting the rebate form. It was $100 when I bought it, and I haven't investigated getting the extra $50.

I went online today to download the rebate form, and it says my packing slip has to be dated later the 9/3/2009. Mine's 9/1/2009! So I checked my rebate eligibility, and it said "Not Eligible"

What The ???!

I have four days to send this thing back! Is Sprint gonna make me do it?

I Love my Pre, and seem to have gotten a good one. With all the whining I see on this site about build quality, I'd really like to keep the one I have for fear of getting a dud.

Sprint's support is much better than the bad old days, but I guess they still have areas that need a little tweaking.
    I physically mailed my rebate form a tad late, with a copy of my receipt, and still received my $100 check in the mail. I would send it in, hold onto the phone, and if you dont get the $100 check within 6 weeks, I would call and explain the situation and demand a service credit of $100. Might be a bit more of a hassle, but I bet it will still work out.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast