Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by texas_ags View Post
    I bought mine on launch day but I just gave it the old college try via email. We shall see. Thanks to everyone for updating us with results. I'll do the same.
    Just got my email response from customer service. They gave me the $50 because of my "longterm association" with Sprint. Sweet! Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    Bought mine in the middle of june, emailed customer care and was denied. Ah well...
    interesting, I got mine on launch day. Are you a new customer?
    I got a big fat NO from Sprint on the $50 refund credit... I was also told they have been "very strict on only giving the credit if the device was purchased in the last 30 days"...

Oh well I guess I can't get Sprint to give me money every time I ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Yep i'm new
    just got my credit
    Quote Originally Posted by .ZeuS. View Post
    I got a big fat NO from Sprint on the $50 refund credit... I was also told they have been "very strict on only giving the credit if the device was purchased in the last 30 days"...

Oh well I guess I can't get Sprint to give me money every time I ask...
    I bought mine two weeks ago (Sprint Store). I just got off the phone with Sprint, they said I just need to stop by any Sprint store and they'll refund the $.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Listen up, those of you that didn't get it... I would suggest you call and ask for the retention department if the rep says no. Don't speak to a supervisor. Simple make your case... I personally have had to change out my Pre once, but I also left US Cellular and paid over $200 to do so. Not only did I do that but added another line. I simply said I would cancel one of these lines if not two and go to a single line. They'd rather have my business.

I too am a new customer.
    Last edited by SHO_ONE; 09/11/2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: I too am a new customer.
    Just emailed them. Lets see what happens.
    I'm so glad emailing Sprint was suggested. I bought 3 Pre's on 7/8, and then another for my wife 2 weeks ago. Obviously my wife's phone qualifies but after reading all of these, I figured asking couldn't hurt.

I emailed customer care, respectfully explained the situation and asked if they could help, and was denied. But the guy writing the denial could hardly put a sentence together. He claimed the "price of this phone has reduced due to system limitations". What?!? Clearly from outside the US and I decided not to even reply - how do you argue with someone who can't communicate?

Instead I just submitted my request again to customer care. Bingo!! Just got my email reply. My phones were obviously outside the 30 days but nonetheless they would give me a $150 credit "taking into account my long term association with Sprint". Wow, I really didn't expect it. That really is great customer service.
    Just called CS and got $50 credit. I got my Pre on launch date.
    Also they had to add ANA to my account.
    VIP and with Sprint for 10 years
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I purchased mine from Best Buy on 7/24. Sent an e-mail via the website today and received a nice response a few hours later. I asked if I could be considered for the $50 credit due to the price drop as well as the $18 activation fee since I am a Premier customer. I was pleasantly surprised that I received both credits (the $18 included the taxes too, nice job Sprint!) in the e-mail response from Sprint. I received an e-mail notification that the credits have been applied.

Having been with Sprint 10+ years, never had a problem with customer service. Great job Sprint!
    I called Sprint and got a jerk of a rep who wouldnt really let me plead my case, finally decided to listen, put me on hold to consult her manager and still turned me down flat!
    Sometimes I really dislike Sprint, esp since I didn't qualify for a mail in rebate.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I drove to the Sprint store with my receipt today.

They did a return and credited my card for $299.99 and then had me re-buy the same phone for $249.99.

There was a line of about (5) people ahead of me. I spent the whole time, while waiting, showing people my Pre and talking it up. Fun!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I missed the 30 day mark by about one or two days!!! GRRR!! I just emailed Sprint and ask if they'd honor the discount. Regardless of whether they do or not, I'm still 110% satisfied with Sprint, their wireless service, and most importantly.. their customer service. I'm not sure if they respond to emails on the weekends but hopefully I hear back from them soon with good news! Thanks to the OP for posting this!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I emailed them yesterday (9/11/09 @ 5pm) and told them I bought the phone on 6/18/09 and that I was wondering if I could still get the $50 credit. Told them I love the phone, service and that I've been a customer with Sprint/Nextel for 9 years and have 2 phones with them. This morning I woke up and checked my email and there was a reply from sprint, they are crediting my account. Very nice!

The email route is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    on the phone with them now and speaking with a supervisor. they will not budge. I bought my phone on 07/07/09 and I am outside my 30 day window. Supervisor is sending a request to corporate so who knows. Never hurts to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by icmfal View Post
    on the phone with them now and speaking with a supervisor. they will not budge. I bought my phone on 07/07/09 and I am outside my 30 day window. Supervisor is sending a request to corporate so who knows. Never hurts to ask.
    My Pre is about 5 week old which I pointed out to the rep but they didn't care, says sorry and that they only price match is within 30 days. Sprint CS has been good to me so I can't really complain.
    I got my $50 =). I bought my phone a week after launch in June. In my customer care e-mail I stated that I had to exchange my phone 3 times and that I was upset at the price drop since i felt I bought a product still in beta. The reply I got said they were sorry for that inconvenience in particular and they have credited my account with $50.
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
    just emailed Sprint today. I bought mine on 8/2. I'll follow up on this.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Bought mine on launch day from Best Buy. Just called Sprint Customer Service and said that I bought my phone right away and was expecting a price drop, but not within 3 months. Didn't say anything more than that and they switched me after a few minutes on hold to an Account Manager who gave me my $50 credit on my balance immediately with little to no questioning. Thanks Sprint!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast