Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I bought my Pre the first day they went on sale from Best Buy. Sent an email this morning to customer care at Sprint asking for a $50 credit consideration due to the price change and received an email a few hours later indicating that due to my long relationship with Sprint, they have credited my account for the $50 price difference.

Thank you Sprint customer care!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I am an almost 10-year veteran of Sprint and I bought my Pre on July 1 (as soon as my 22 months upgrade was available) for the $299 with the $100 rebate...and I was happy to pay it for this great phone. I knew that at some point, the price would go down, but I expected it to be after at least 6 months or more, not 3 months!

So, I called up Sprint customer support and explained how I love the phone and knew that the price would eventually drop from the launch price, but wasn't happy that it was so quickly. After about 2 minutes of pleading my case with a very friendly tone, the customer service offered to give me a $50 bill credit! I didn't have to argue, didn't need to talk to a supervisor, didn't need to talk to retentions!

As we have always seen, every customer service rep is different and you may not get a credit, but there is always a chance you will! good luck to everyone who tries!
    Thanks Bro`hammer!

I just got off the phone with Sprint and got the $50 off my bill as well! I pretty much followed your script and when I was told no by the rep I asked for the Retention dept. The rep says..... you want to talk to my Supervisor instead... ah no thanks, retention please! Worked for me! Nice work.
    Best Buy is still refusing. Tucker, you purchased from Best buy but got refund from sprint? I'm pretty freaking furious after talked to 2 reps and then asking for supervisor only to have one refuse to let me speak to a supervisor because she will "be able to help me with my problem". Waiting on a call from supervisor. BTW, when you order from Best Buy your don't really order from Best Buy even though that is what the receipt says and that is the site your ordered from. Last time I use them. Bad thing is that if I return it I am without a phone until I get another one.
    Have you tried emailing customer care? I've always had much better luck by sending an email instead of calling the 800 number even though they have always been polite to me.

My email simply stated:

"I bought my Pre during launch, love it, and have been a loyal
    customer for several years. I was wondering if there was any way to get
    a $50 credit issued to my account for the price drop recently announced
    by Sprint."
    I will try to see if I have better luck with Sprint. I didn't consider that since I bought the phone at Best Buy.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbwright View Post
    Best Buy is still refusing. Tucker, you purchased from Best buy but got refund from sprint? I'm pretty freaking furious after talked to 2 reps and then asking for supervisor only to have one refuse to let me speak to a supervisor because she will "be able to help me with my problem". Waiting on a call from supervisor. BTW, when you order from Best Buy your don't really order from Best Buy even though that is what the receipt says and that is the site your ordered from. Last time I use them. Bad thing is that if I return it I am without a phone until I get another one.
    Call sprint at *2 and speak with their retention dept. Be calm and polite. Simply let them know that you feel a little frustrated with the whole ordeal and would like th $50 Off. I was then asked by the rep in the retention dept if this was a case where I may cancel. I said no, I may simply cancel 1 or 2 outta my 3 lines. The rep replied with a..... I don't have too but will remark and that was it. I told another buddy here at work and he did the same and got it too.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbwright View Post
    I will try to see if I have better luck with Sprint. I didn't consider that since I bought the phone at Best Buy.
    So did I... Bought it on release day... On 2nd Pre.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    For thos of you having a hard time with Best Buy (or other retailers)

This is the Price Match release doc from Sprint.

Announcements: Price match adjustment details for Palm Pre
    Have anyone bought their Pre at Radioshack? I tried to get my $50 back, but they told me that it only applies to new cutomers that purchsed the phone within the pas 30 days and NOT the customers who have upgraded. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks
    I bought me pre at launch and sent them an email asking for the credit and they said the credit would appear at the start of the next billing cycle. Works for me
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=GuessWho727;1887318]I bought me pre at launch and sent them an email asking for the credit and they said the credit would appear at the start of the next billing cycle.

Same here! I sent them an email saying I switched over from verizon and all my friends were telling me to get the iphone and could I have the $50 credit. Got a reply in 2 hours that the credit would be applied.

Thanks to the original poster!
    $200 cash back for 4 Pre's purchased at launch using email!

Thank you!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Has anyone received the credit from Best Buy if you only qualified for the 1-year upgrade price? They told me today that the 1-year price is still $350 and didn't drop to $300. The 2-year price went to $150.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I got my Pre June 6 - they won't qualify me!

(But who cares? I still have a great phone!)
    +1
    Wow, you guys are cheap bastards...
    I bought mine on launch day but I just gave it the old college try via email. We shall see. Thanks to everyone for updating us with results. I'll do the same.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    got shot down. i won't push it as i already got it for $100 so that's good enough.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I e-mailed over lunch when I read this thread (I got mine on launch day) and by the time I got home from work, I had an e-mail saying they were applying a $50 credit towards my account. That's awesome customer service by Sprint!
    just read this post , just sent my email . hopefully i get it too... got mine launch day ....fingers crossed
    Bought mine in the middle of june, emailed customer care and was denied. Ah well...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast