1.    #1  
    Ok, for the second time of typing this on my phone. Fix this ASAP...

Problems:

- Main loading bookmarks change or lose the pictures of saved bookmarks to a different link picture or to nothing at all.

- Slow, laggy, freezing...it doesn't matter. Scrolling jumps, or it will just freeze.

- Memory leak, always get "close other cards" warning. It always happens with the web app open. Soft reset helps for a bit, but using web app brings it back. Soft reset once a week.

- Web pages display random photos instead of actual photos the page uses. Facebook friends shows pre central photos and the other way around. Memory leak...

- When I put web app up and open a different card/ program, then come back to web card...it reloads the page.

These are the main things. There are a lot more. But it seems like 1.0 did not do any of these. Especially the last one. Does it need to reload the page if it has already been loaded?

Regardless...Palm you need to fix these in the web app. It is obvious to me these problems are not related to homebrew apps. They only happen with the web app and the memory leak causes serious problems making the whole phone unstable. Shame on you palm for allowing this crap out in the OS.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The only issue that I have that is similar to yours is the bookmark pictures swaping. The rest are a non issue for me.
    Yeah I got nothing with those. Just the Close apps bug.

But indeed, Memory leaks are a pain to close up.
    I get none of those problems. No homebrews anymore right now though either..

Are you seriously complaining about restarting a smart phone ONCE A WEEK? I take it you have never owned a PalmOS, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, or personal computer before?
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Ok, for the second time of typing this on my phone. Fix this ASAP...

Problems:

- Main loading bookmarks change or lose the pictures of saved bookmarks to a different link picture or to nothing at all.

- Slow, laggy, freezing...it doesn't matter. Scrolling jumps, or it will just freeze.

- Memory leak, always get "close other cards" warning. It always happens with the web app open. Soft reset helps for a bit, but using web app brings it back. Soft reset once a week.

- Web pages display random photos instead of actual photos the page uses. Facebook friends shows pre central photos and the other way around. Memory leak...

- When I put web app up and open a different card/ program, then come back to web card...it reloads the page.

These are the main things. There are a lot more. But it seems like 1.0 did not do any of these. Especially the last one. Does it need to reload the page if it has already been loaded?

Regardless...Palm you need to fix these in the web app. It is obvious to me these problems are not related to homebrew apps. They only happen with the web app and the memory leak causes serious problems making the whole phone unstable. Shame on you palm for allowing this crap out in the OS.
    Hello WildSioux (and others),

The best way to increase the chance of any bug you see being fixed is to write the following:
    | - brief description(s) - done above
    | - how to reproduce - (most important - should have more detail than
    | What you were doing to cause the bug

| Back up this section with any debugging procedures you used
    | to come to your conclusions.
    | - environment (ie WebOS 1.1,
    | amount of free disk space,
    | app version(s) related to this bug
    | possibly a list of installed apps (if you think
    | that's relevant)
    | - Workarounds
    | If you have discovered any workarounds, explaining them can help
    | to characterize the bug.
    | - Additional Information:
    | (anything else you want to say that does not fit elsewhere above)
    | This is often other ideas or hunches you might have about the
    | what might be causing the problem.

Just to be clear: I'm not "policing" anyone or suggesting that you have to use a format like the above. It's simply a technique that I've learned through experience that works. I'm only sharing this suggestion so that your bug reports can be as effective as possible.

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I'm in agreement with OP. I hqve high hopes for 1.2 to fix the memory leaks. For me, leaving a browser window open for an extended period of time will cause general slowness on my Pre. Closing frequently is the only workaround I've found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post

Are you seriously complaining about restarting a smart phone ONCE A WEEK? I take it you have never owned a PalmOS, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, or personal computer before?
    Hmmm, haven't restarted my Treo Pro in months, almost 2, to be exact... My MacBook Pro has been on my desk never restarted in 58 days now (according to iStat widget) and counting (it's put to sleep when i leave the house).

I guess i must be special.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post

Maybe you missed my post. I am not complaining about having to restart my phone once a week. The whole reason for my post was to put this out there for others with the same problems with the web app. And to hopefully lead to palm resolving and improving it. There is clearly a problem that was not there in 1.0. Something changed in 1.1 and these problems were introduced because of it. If you don't have any of these problems maybe I am wrong. But others have pointed out they too are having some of these issues.

Trust me, I had a Mogul with winmo. 6 resets a day was normal with 1 hard reset a month. The main reason I got the Pre. Winmo has too much for so little memory. One reset a week is nothing but the web app is the leading cause (IMHO).
    Finally someone else has posted the same problem, this been this way since day one, have had since release. But honestly I don't see what everyone see's in this phone, I have a palm since the 650 on up and couldn't have been any more pleased. And this phone has been a disappointment since day one. Makes wonder what pieces of crap people must have had before they got the pre, cause this was step down for me. Ya ya i know its got potential! yeah so do a lot of cars got the potential to run 10's in a 1/4 mile also.
    i don't like when i'm on a page like cnn.com and read an article, go check out another card, come back and then hit the back button on cnn.com to reload the homepage and the page doesn't completely load. it loads maybe like half the homepage. refreshing it doesn't help the only thing to get it working again is to open a new card.
    I continue to have these issues on my non rooted, Vanilla Pre.

If you haven't owned devices that doesn't have/show these issues in the past, you would never know they are there.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    I continue to have these issues on my non rooted, Vanilla Pre.

If you haven't owned devices that doesn't have/show these issues in the past, you would never know they are there.
    Good point Maven. Some may think it is normal to lose bookmak pictures, load pages with pictures from a different page, run slow and freeze on them, etc...

If you don't know what to look for or have had no prior smarrtphone usage (my pos mogul), sorry to say but these are not normal.

There is no excuse for this Palm.
  13.    #13  
    Well, 6 months later and a few updates later...these issues are still here. Not only still here. But they are worse :-(

- Double tapping to zoom more times than not zoom but instead will open up a link that was where double tap was = FAIL.

- Going back one page will cause browser to initially load where you were last at on the page. But then, it re-loads and jumps to the top of the page. I don't remember this behavior in previous versions. But it = major FAIL.

- Bookmark pictures still get lost...

...Overall, Palm has decided to ignore these issues making the web app a failure.

If only we could install opera. Perhaps one day they will fix these issues. But I'm not counting on it.
    I've had the pre from day 1 and the memory leak issue have not been resolved through many updates. I honestly don't think they can fix it. If it was fixable, the "Too Many Card" would have been gone by now. I do have a feeling it's their browser that's causing this issue. I'm looking forward to palm's next webos phone.
    I am day one, and I think this is a valid request. Great people are noticing that their are leaks. We had them with Previous Palms and they were always fixed.
    Looking forward when this issue is addressed by Palm.
    Just use the restart scheduler and have it restart every day at like 3:00 A.M. Works great, my phone hasn't been laggy since I started using it. A restart every day just clears up all the memory and makes it work like its brand new.
    I have that and it does help. I would recommend it. I wish Palm would concentrate on getting this phone to be more stable and improve the responsiveness of the UI. The splash card isn't a solution Palm. As far as features on this phone, I think it's fully loaded now with many impressive apps. Lets speed up gui and we got a perfect phone.