Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know what the H E L L is going on here, but I am having HORRIBLE issues with battery life. Signal strength has bee fine all day, but yet I went from 100% at 7am to less than 40% by 1 pm with only a little bit of Web browsing and 2 or 3 short phone calls. All other times it has been sitting idle. The battery performance over the past week has actually been WORSE thatn my WinMo phone. WTF? COuld I have a bum battery, or is one of the tweaks or apps causing my battery to take a doodie?

I am thinking of Doc'ing it back to original and then starting from scratch, which I want to do anyway to prepare for 1.2.

I am hearing that 1.2 will be arriving on the 12th......Of Never that is. Which coincidentally is the date for Festivus this year. You know...Festivus....for the rest of us!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Did you try a reset to clear memory? Maybe that will give a clue to what is causing it.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I have had a day or two recently where it drains the battery fast but other days it will be at 95% 6 hours later with about the same usage. Wonder what is happening on the good days.
  4.    #4  
    Actually it was after i did my first ever Orange Button reset that I started having this issue.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    If I have good coverage, I last the whole day. If not, it drops FAST. Also, the GPS driving with Nav killed my phone is about 2 hrs. But, I am sure you know all that. Good luck, hope it get's fixed.
  6.    #6  
    I have not done anything different with my Pre except for a few minor tweaks and apps. But this DRAIN has been just now happening and its REALLY QUICK!!!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Me since I started using gtalk my battery life his gone down
    Same here, last week or so battery has just been sucking. No way in hell I would make it through a day. Pulled it off the charger around ten and now I am at 45%. No heavy usage. Email sinking every hour. About 30 minutes of phone calls. Thats it.
    I've also noticed mine draining faster than usual the past couple of days, I have a launch day pre. I have done nothing different.
    My battery went from fully charged right before bed at about 12:30AM, to less than 50% by 6AM when my alarm went off, and I was sleeping with no background apps running and no cards open. Getting horrible battery life yesterday and today.
    I know this may sound ridiculous, but I noticed when I put on the tweak that alters the heading bar to show to percent of battery left, my phone battery was draining quicker. I removed the tweak and all was fine. Anyone else experience that?
    I too have been having a rough time with my battery lately. I attribute mine to the TXT Manager app. I would usually hit 10% at about 12 hrs off charger. Today my phone went dead at about 9 hours.
    ive had some quick drain days lately as well......

also plugged the thing in to charge the other night before i went to sleep and i woke up and it was almost dead....restarted and it charged fine.....tbh it seems like it has been charging and draining quicker to me.
  14.    #14  
    I wonder if it is a polling issue...maybe the % tweak if polling the battery too much. I know that with my winmo phone it had a tweak to lessen the amount of battery polling....hmmmm.....when I get home I'll turn that off and see what happens tomorrow....I'll report back!
    I am really getting fed up with my battery life. For the past few weeks, if I take the phone off the charger at 9am, it's literally at 20% at 1pm! That is so unacceptable. I bought the Seidio 2600 battery because people are reporting getting up to two DAYS with it, but I still can't get anymore than 6 hours from it. And of course I took the phone to the Sprint Store today and they claimed to not find any issue. I am beginning to wonder if this is a Palm server-side issue with some people's profiles randomly generating constant activity? Or just something defective in the Pre? And also, if anyone knows the command to see the running processes and CPU usage while rooted, please post it.
    ^^It's now 10pm and I still have 33% left on my Seidio 2600 battery since 7.00am. And my signal quality at home is average. Today I had about 5 apps including sprint nav and net2streams running for most of the day. Also browsed the web a lot. Even with the stock battery and heavy usage I got at least 6 hours.

Is your phone always hot? If so, something is being an enormous drain on the battery if you're only getting 6 hours form the Seidio. Either that or the battery/phone is defective.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    my battery is getting killed. i'm speculating it's an app issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ^^It's now 10pm and I still have 33% left on my Seidio 2600 battery since 7.00am. And my signal quality at home is average. Today I had about 5 apps including sprint nav and net2streams running for most of the day. Also browsed the web a lot. Even with the stock battery and heavy usage I got at least 6 hours.

Is your phone always hot? If so, something is being an enormous drain on the battery if you're only getting 6 hours form the Seidio. Either that or the battery/phone is defective.
    It gets warm while charging and tethering, but other than that it's fine, nice and cool. But this is ridiculous, with the stock battery I can just be texting and going through the menus and the battery percentage will literally drop 2% per minute, no matter what combo of settings I use (brightness at minimum, wifi, bluetooth, GPS, and location services off, full EVDO signal all day). I tried update 1.2 with data off, and it really made no difference at all for me, it worked wonders on my Treo 700wx!
  19.    #19  
    For some of us, it seems that this is relatively new within the past week or so...I am thinking it is app related. Thanks for all your replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    It gets warm while charging and tethering, but other than that it's fine, nice and cool. But this is ridiculous, with the stock battery I can just be texting and going through the menus and the battery percentage will literally drop 2% per minute, no matter what combo of settings I use (brightness at minimum, wifi, bluetooth, GPS, and location services off, full EVDO signal all day). I tried update 1.2 with data off, and it really made no difference at all for me, it worked wonders on my Treo 700wx!
    Well if you're tethering most likely you rooted your Pre. One of the hacks could be causing the problem. If I were you, I'd reset it to factory default and see if the problem goes away. Or work your way back from the latest app/hack to try and isolate the issue.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast