1.    #1  
    I have been having some issues lately. Once in a while the phone just decides to be "offline", literally, it will say "Phone offline" where it usually says "Sprint". When that happens, the phone app is super slow...as in, you see the background of the dialer before you see the dialer. The whole phone will slow down to an absolute crawl. Today it did that again, and I decided to just turn it off using the power button since the rest of the phone barely responded. When I tried to restart the phone, the Palm screen came up but wasn't flashing. After 20 mins of waiting, I pulled the battery and restarted it. For some reason this sluggishness seems to coincide when I get big amounts of email at the same time. One of my customers likes to send batches of 10 to 20 joke emails at a time. Both times when I noticed this slowdown, I was receiving emails from him. He's been doing that for a while, but I really never noticed it before.

Also, I noticed lately that every time I turn the phone on, or restart it, everything runs slow and it takes a while before the Pre gets into its groove again. Just now I answered a text message, and it took at least 30 seconds for my reply to even show up in grey, and then a few more seconds before it turned black signaling that the text was sent.

I did not root my Pre, there are no homebrew apps on it, just a bunch of the official apps.

I hope the 1.2 update fixes all my current issues too, if not, maybe I should just to a total reset.

I can't remember though if the phone was slow right after a restart though, how does yours act after a restart?
    Mine has been doing the same thing lately as far as the phone going offline. It randomly does it and takes a minute or so for it to come back ONline. Not sure what the deal is with that.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Same exact thing here. I usually get this problem when I try to open preware. Usually takes about 2-3 times to get preware to open properly.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I have been experiencing this recently as well. The most common issues I've had that seem to come and go without any apparent cause are:

-extreme lag when using the camera and scrolling though photos
    -emails not opening and/or not deleting even after I've touched the trash icon multiple times
    -system sounds either not working at all or only some working, for example I'll get a new text but I won't get a notification sound.
    -text messages not showing in the messaging app
    Last edited by Ms_Kady; 09/09/2009 at 03:17 PM.
    I have had that issues where my phone goes offline as well.

Along with a bit of random slowdown...I was chalking it up to all the mother f'in hacks i installed.

Weird...perhaps whatever Sprint is announcing tomorrow is related to this?

Btw, after a restart its usually just fine. But its been acting weird...even connecting to the browser has given me some issues. somethings happening on the backend over at Sprint/Palm me thinks.
  6.    #6  
    But my phone becomes so slow, opening the text message app can take like 10 seconds, and you can watch it build up piece by piece. Again, it seems that that coincides with all those crazy emails coming in at the same time, a lot of them with rather big attachments, I just don't know if it did that before.

Go ahead and restart your phones, does every app take longer to load than usual?
    wow thank goodness mine doesn't do any of that.
    slowest lag maybe 5sec
    i do a soft reset once a week
    25 homebrew
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Mine will slow to a crawl when opening apps entering email app it will launch but nothing is displayed just the white background and the plus sign at the bottom. doing a soft reset usually fixes it.
  9.    #9  
    Ok but right after a soft reset, is your phone slow or fast?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    Mine will slow to a crawl when opening apps entering email app it will launch but nothing is displayed just the white background and the plus sign at the bottom. doing a soft reset usually fixes it.
    How often do you have to do a soft reset?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Mine is usually pretty good right after a reboot. You need to realize that it puts Luna (the display manger) up before it's finished loading everything, so the first few seconds after you get the home screen may still be sluggish as it finishes booting. 10 seconds later, though, mine runs "normally". (Not as fast as I'd like, but not super sluggish).