Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Is there a way to find out what number or who sent you a text if you have multiple people linked to a contact? I have all my facebook people i dont really talk to much linked to a facebook contact. I recently got a text from a Facebook buddy, but cant figure out which of the 50 plus contacts it is? I am also afraid i cannot reply back because when click the text box in the upper right corner of the window, it displays many phone numbers and one with a check box near it, but i'm not sure thats where i want to send the text. Thanks.
    Since you have many FB friends linked, I don't believe it is possible to determine which one sent you the text.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, thats so much bull****. What if i unlinked then relinked?
    Well, the intended use is to link only contacts who are the same person. Of course when you link EVERYONE in your Facebook list it's going to be weird behavior.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i guess. facebook intergration is pretty bad if you cant select what profiles to download. Does the box in the upper right hand corner where it gives an option to send text to a specific number, is that the last number sent?
    Yes, if you unlinked them all, the messaging app should refresh & show the original contact. And if it doesn't, just have that person text you back. When they reply, it will refresh.
    Follow Me On

I guess its because I have used PDA's for so long now (starting with the Palm V). I just don't understand what bothers people about seeing lots of names in the phone. I have over 500 contacts from Exchange and 100 or so from facebook - some of which are the same and link up. True, I can't scroll through the list manually to find somebody because its too long. But once you accept that you just type a few letters of the name and there you are.

What is the big downside with having a lot of people? I just don't get it.

t
    ^ I am with you. I have hundreds of contacts. I rarely even go into the contacts app anyway. If I need to find a specific person or business, I just type their name.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    ^ I am with you. I have hundreds of contacts. I rarely even go into the contacts app anyway. If I need to find a specific person or business, I just type their name.
    Yeah, but it seems to be a common concern for some users. I just don't know why.

t
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Most people seem to forget that they can search their contacts. I think the only hard part at that point is making sure that all your contacts have linked with existing contacts correctly once you get over the 100 mark.
    I agree with both of you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Studog712 View Post
    Most people seem to forget that they can search their contacts. I think the only hard part at that point is making sure that all your contacts have linked with existing contacts correctly once you get over the 100 mark.
    Even if a few haven't linked properly, whats the harm? If you call/text them much, you will catch it. If not, does it matter anyway?

t
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    Yeah, but it seems to be a common concern for some users. I just don't know why.

t
    Some people just don't want to change their way of thinking about and using a phone. No matter how simple Palm makes it, people will always find something they don't like. They fight the technology and try to beat it into submission rather than letting it do what it is intended to do.

I have over a thousand contacts in my phone (between Exchange, Google, and Facebook), so browsing the Contacts app is pointless for me. I can get to any of the 1,000+ contacts by typing three letters (first initial and a couple of the first letters of their last name).

Too easy.

Synergy is a wonderful concept and I'm glad Palm implemented it. Could it be better? Sure it could--most things have room for improvement. But for now it serves the purpose well, if you let it do what it's been designed to do.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post

t
    In another thread, someone mentioned old dogs and new tricks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I have over a thousand contacts in my phone (between Exchange, Google, and Facebook), so browsing the Contacts app is pointless for me. I can get to any of the 1,000+ contacts by typing three letters (first initial and a couple of the first letters of their last name).
    I remember when the Treo was still fairly new. We used to regularly see threads along the lines of "My xyz phone let me store 99 quick dial numbers, why is the Treo so limited?"

It seemed no matter how many times you explained it, that typing JD for Jane Doe was easier than typing her assigned speed dial number of 74 (since you didn't have to remember "74" was Jane's number); some folks just wouldn't get it. They were too busy focusing on why the new didn't work the same as the old, they couldn't see the improvement of the new.

Now, we have the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ...Now, we have the Pre...
    ...and yet there are those that are still in the dark. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. People resist change, even if it is for the better.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    This is the most ridiculous post ever. Why are people going crazy over this facebook/Synergy thing?

So what if the Pre downloads ALL of your facebook contacts? They don't take up any storage space and they're pretty much invisible to the user unless you enjoy flicking through the contacts app for a few hours.

Linking all of your facebook contacts into one entry seems pretty pointless.

I have about 1,200 contacts and I can find any of them with three key strokes.
    Yes, I agree! I love that have ALL of my FB friends on my phone plus all of my Outlook contacts (over 3000 total). I can find anyone with 3 letters!

The Instinct only allowed me to store 600 contacts. Do you see the problem here?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Yes, I agree! I love that have ALL of my FB friends on my phone plus all of my Outlook contacts (over 3000 total). I can find anyone with 3 letters!

The Instinct only allowed me to store 600 contacts. Do you see the problem here?
    As long as you're happy with what is provided.
    Follow Me On