Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So today you announced the new Pixie, it's pretty nice, but it ain't no Pre 2.

So the first iteration of your savior device has pretty much been unsuccessful in capturing the world by storm, sure the software is AMAZING, but when you have mediocre hardware powering it, don't expect America to go crazy for it.

As a Smartphone aficionado I know what a phone needs to be taken seriously and if you listen to me Palm, something special will happen...SUCCESS.

1) 3.4 inch minimum screen Sure 3.1 is decent, but when your competition is the iPhone you need to step it up because first impressions are key to success and when someone looks and touches an iPhone they are always amazed at how big and beautiful the screen is.

2)1500 MAH battery This is pretty obvious. The Pre's battery is AWFUL, no matter what you fanboys think. The iPhone 3gs also last way longer from my real world tests.

3)Ditch the home button It is a blatant iPhone rip off and just looks tacky. Keep the Pixie design with the touchpad. Very original and sexy.

4)FIX THE MUTHER EFFIN KEYBOARD Sure you get used to it but it just sucks. Make the buttons longer, thicker, get as close to the blackberry keyboard design as possible.

5)5MP Camera(plus flash) with GOOD video recording Take a hint from Nokia, they have been very successful in that department. The N95 takes great photos and AWESOME videos.

6)....SLAP SPRINT FOR INCOMPETENCE Sprint has great plan pricing, coverage, data speeds, but phone pricing is mediocre at best. Screw the mail in rebates, sell the phone at $150, I've seen many missed sales after working at the Sprint store because the average consumer didn't know that the phone was only 199 after mail in rebate. Availability on all plans instead of just only the Everything Plans could also greatly expand the user base of the phone.

There you go. Hopefully you listen. Good luck and I hope you take my advice seriously Palm.
    Last edited by palandri; 09/09/2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Language
    Who is "we"?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Who is "we"?

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'll agree with most of that.

1) Screen does tend to feel too small. Some feel that's a feature but I find it to be an inconvenience. Especially when it's mounted in the car.

2) Charger hopping from place to place is no way to use a cellphone. And to make matters worse, the cheap build quality has resulted in two cracked Pre's at the usb port. (And lately, the USB port has been acting flakey and doesn't always charge.

3) The nipple doesn't bother me. The lack of function does. Make it emulate a trackball so cut/paste would be easier to do.

4) Keyboard doesn't bug me too much. But I definitely would like "double space for period". Old habit I don't want to break.

5) I don't think they should up the megapixels, but a camera with no autofocus is really a disappointment. This is a premium product so why put a fixed 2007 camera in here.

6) Pricing doesn't bother me. The entire industry made smartphones pretty affordable so as long as they fix problems then I'm fine with paying for an upgrade.
    Last edited by Urkel; 09/09/2009 at 03:50 PM.
    maybe post this on the palm forums? they are more likely to read their official support blogs.

And who is we?

I personally wouldn't want this phone any bigger. the iphone is a goddamn brick
    The keyboard is the best ive used
    Battery is adequate for a smartphone
    ???? the rest of your post is just incoherent drivel
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    1. One of the reasons i chose the Pre over the iPhone is the dimensions of the iPhone are retarded. They are big huge screens that are barely portable. Unless you carry a purse, I wouldn't enjoy having one in my pocket.

2. Bigger battery would be nice. I agree

3. Agree that the Pixie Home button is nice, but it's not THAT big a deal

4. Keyboard seems fine to me. Granted I came from a Treo

5. I've got a camera. I don't need a 5MP crap camera. It's not all about megapixels. It's about the size of the sensor in the phones and they can't make them much bigger. Please read up on this before discussing further.

6. Sprint's mail-in-rebate is stupid. I agree they should can it.

...What they need to work on is the OS. First and foremost. It's got issues and they need to implement a graphics layer over their GPU. This should be priority #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    maybe post this on the palm forums? they are more likely to read their official support blogs.

And who is we?

Yup I'm part of VickMackey's "we" here not the Op's "we".

I like the size of my Pre. If we didn't have a hardware keyboard then I'd want a 3.5" or larger screen but as is 3.1" does the job plenty well.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Dude the phones what 3/4 months old and your already wanting a completly new device. lol GTFO man your crazy to think they are even considering a 2nd version.
    Quote Originally Posted by lookitsrobss View Post
    There you go. Hopefully you listen. Good luck and I hope you take my advice seriously Palm.
    Until you learn to speak (write) like an adult, the chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and nil.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post

And who is we?

keyboard is the best you ever used? LMFAO you got to be joking, try a Blackberry keyboard before you make a statement like that, the iphone is not a brick either.....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Dude the phones what 3/4 months old and your already wanting a completly new device. lol GTFO man your crazy to think they are even considering a 2nd version.
    I guarantee they will announce the sequel by January or February, just an FYI.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Until you learn to speak (write) like an adult, the chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and nil.

What's wrong with my writing?
    palm has the pre
    apple has the iphone
    two very different phones
    "we" choose the pre because "we" like the pre not the iphone
    sounds like you want the iphone "we" wont miss you
    bye bye
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I guarantee they will announce the sequel by January or February, just an FYI.
    O ok i'm glad you know this. Thanks for the info.
    ...6)....SLAP SPRINT FOR INCOMPETENCE...
    This made my day LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    5. I've got a camera. I don't need a 5MP crap camera. It's not all about megapixels. It's about the size of the sensor in the phones and they can't make them much bigger. Please read up on this before discussing further.
    A million times YES. If anything, give me FEWER megapixels on the phone. The sensor size is fixed. Fewer pixels means better low light sensitivity and better pictures than a higher resolution, even after you size it up to match.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I also like the size and find the screen to be really great. The Pre is a great phone, and considering this is v1.0 I think palm is doing pretty well. The iPhone had a rocky start too. Apple had a big head start and billions of testers...Palm should get there.

I think the only significant issues with the Pre are the questionable build quality and the speed of the OS. If they optimized it more and got the graphics driver working I think it'll be great. The rest is just software stuff that can be fixed as we go or given to us by third parties (I'm sure someone will do the double space bar thing).

I'd like longer battery life, but my Pre isn't any worse than my last 3 smartphones.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    palm has the pre
    apple has the iphone
    two very different phones
    "we" choose the pre because "we" like the pre not the iphone
    sounds like you want the iphone "we" wont miss you
    bye bye
    stop justifying Palm's incompetence
    keyboard is the best you ever used? LMFAO you got to be joking, try a Blackberry keyboard before you make a statement like that, the iphone is not a brick either.....
    He said it was the best he ever used, maybe he didnt' use the blackberry, or maybe he doesn't like it...no need to be so hostile. If the Pre isn't for you, move on...
    yes. best i've <--------- used. I don't care about what you don't like and i don't care for blackberrys. The keyboard works for me. sorry that upsets you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast