Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lookitsrobss View Post

What's wrong with my writing?
    Not so much the writing but more the tone you are taking will cause Palm to be less than receptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Guidelines
    Foul and inappropriate language - This forum is used by people of all ages, so please keep posts and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block some common language use and will not tolerate any attempts to beat such filters.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Don't feed the troll.
    stop justifying Palm's incompetence
    how old are you?
    you seem "special" if you are an adult
    get some help
    most people who are not trolls (hint hint)
    like the pre because its not a mirror of the iphone
    "we" like the PRE and we did research before we bought it
    are you made because your mommy didn't get you a iphone?
    oh and ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓please vote!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    stop justifying Palm's incompetence
    I feel like he's justifying his preference more than anything else. I prefer the form factor as well. 3.5" would make the device too big for me. Even a 2.8 might suit me better. Different strokes for different folks. There is no perfect device for everybody. Your ideal phone is not necessarily everybody elses.
    Who is we???

And how long has the PRE been out? Why are we talking about #2 already?
    Come on JCross, you clearly don't know what you like. How could you possible know what size phone is comfortable in your pocket or in your hand? How could you know what features you need? The reason forums like this exist is so some stranger can tell you what to do with your money...without them we'd all be helpless...

This is all on the Pixie announcement. Every time Palm announces anything, the iPhone trolls run over here and flood the forum with a bunch of BS posts. You can set your watch by it. It's amazing they can have so much market share and yet be so terrified of a little competition.
    keyboard is the best you ever used? LMFAO you got to be joking, try a Blackberry keyboard before you make a statement like that, the iphone is not a brick either.....
    Gotta disagree...the iphone is too large for my tastes...I dont want to have my pockets full beacuse my cellphone is in it....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    This is all on the Pixie announcement. Every time Palm announces anything, the iPhone trolls run over here and flood the forum with a bunch of BS posts. You can set your watch by it. It's amazing they can have so much market share and yet be so terrified of a little competition.
    I like the pre but it has a lot of hardware issues. I'm not a troll, I really just want Palm to succeed because "WE" is not just you guys on this forum. Just cause yall like the phone doesn't mean everyone else likes it. The universal fact is that the PRE is really lacking in the hardware department and that's why Palm has been so mum on the sales, it just isn't selling like it's supposed to. It NEEDS these features to compete and it has failed.

I've been with PALM for years now. Starting with the treo 700p, then the treo 755p, then the centro, and now the Pre but I'm switching to the Snap cause at the moment I can not stand the battery life.
    So today you announced the new Pixie, it's pretty nice, but it ain't no Pre 2.

So the first iteration of your savior device has pretty much been unsuccessful in capturing the world by storm, sure the software is AMAZING, but when you have mediocre hardware powering it, don't expect America to go crazy for it.

As a Smartphone aficionado I know what a phone needs to be taken seriously and if you listen to me Palm, something special will happen...SUCCESS.

1) 3.4 inch minimum screen Sure 3.1 is decent, but when your competition is the iPhone you need to step it up because first impressions are key to success and when someone looks and touches an iPhone they are always amazed at how big and beautiful the screen is.

2)1500 MAH battery This is pretty obvious. The Pre's battery is AWFUL, no matter what you fanboys think. The iPhone 3gs also last way longer from my real world tests.

3)Ditch the home button It is a blatant iPhone rip off and just looks tacky. Keep the Pixie design with the touchpad. Very original and sexy.

4)FIX THE MUTHER EFFIN KEYBOARD Sure you get used to it but it just sucks. Make the buttons longer, thicker, get as close to the blackberry keyboard design as possible.

5)5MP Camera(plus flash) with GOOD video recording Take a hint from Nokia, they have been very successful in that department. The N95 takes great photos and AWESOME videos.

6)....SLAP SPRINT FOR INCOMPETENCE Sprint has great plan pricing, coverage, data speeds, but phone pricing is mediocre at best. Screw the mail in rebates, sell the phone at $150, I've seen many missed sales after working at the Sprint store because the average consumer didn't know that the phone was only 199 after mail in rebate. Availability on all plans instead of just only the Everything Plans could also greatly expand the user base of the phone.

There you go. Hopefully you listen. Good luck and I hope you take my advice seriously Palm.
    1) Agreed. I need a bigger Screen!

2) Agreed once again. Needs a bigger battery!

3) Disagree. I hate the pixi design to be honest. Way too much space there for my liking.

4) Blackberry Tour keyboard would be nice, but with the same symbol layout as now.

5) Agreed. I'd love a really nice Camera...

6) Disagree. There is a reason its called WebOS you know. And its loads cheaper than any data plan with an iPhone or even an T-Mo MyTouch 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    maybe post this on the palm forums? they are more likely to read their official support blogs.

And who is we?

I personally wouldn't want this phone any bigger. the iphone is a goddamn brick
    The keyboard is the best ive used
    Battery is adequate for a smartphone
    ???? the rest of your post is just incoherent drivel
    Thanks Vick! Lem would be proud! It's the best keyboard I've used as well. My son texted over 12,000 times last month on his pre and he says he loves it compared to his old Centro. I also wouldn't want the phone to be any bigger.

I forgive you for Ronnie, you had to do what you had to do
    ....SLAP?

Really? How about a little professionalism here. Sad.

Honestly, I am guessing you were not a former Palm user. They have kept this similar keyboard design for YEARS. Why, because it works and their user base has learned to love it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Hey, Everyone, Look! It's RobSS :O
    I like the pre but it has a lot of hardware issues. I'm not a troll, I really just want Palm to succeed because "WE" is not just you guys on this forum. Just cause yall like the phone doesn't mean everyone else likes it.
    me  /mi/
    –pronoun 1. the objective case of I, used as a direct or indirect object: They asked me to the party. Give me your hand.

we  /wi/
    –plural pronoun, possessive our or ours, objective us. 1. nominative pl. of I. 2. (used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.
    This thread is a gigantic troll fest. And you guys fell for it.

Come to think of it....so did I. Bwahahahahahaha
    but he said he wasn't a troll!!! hahaha
    I have no idea why you guys are dwelling on the Palm Pre 2, when you could be dwelling on the Palm Pre 4000!!!!!

Now with a folding 5" 3D touch capacitive screen, a 5.1 sound system, no buttons at all!!! it reads your mind and does what you think!!! So efficient it runs off the energy generated by shaking in your pocket!! And did I mention the anti-theft device with laZ0rs! ZOMG!!11! so awesome!

Ok...seriously. The Pre is an amazing phone. It has some kinks that it needs to work out. But hey, its been 3 months. Give Palm a break. They have given us a ton of updates, been amazingly cool with the home brew scene and been developing another WebOS device too. And it isn't like they aren't listening. The Facebook app is on its way.

So, how about everyone chill out a bit about what minutia is missing at the moment, and realize how much Palm has done with the Pre. And if you are so into what is wrong with the pre, tell me about one smartphone that is perfect or that was perfect in the first 3 months of its release.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    So today you announced the new Pixie, it's pretty nice, but it ain't no Pre 2.

So the first iteration of your savior device has pretty much been unsuccessful in capturing the world by storm, sure the software is AMAZING, but when you have mediocre hardware powering it, don't expect America to go crazy for it.

As a Smartphone aficionado I know what a phone needs to be taken seriously and if you listen to me Palm, something special will happen...SUCCESS.

1) 3.4 inch minimum screen Sure 3.1 is decent, but when your competition is the iPhone you need to step it up because first impressions are key to success and when someone looks and touches an iPhone they are always amazed at how big and beautiful the screen is.

2)1500 MAH battery This is pretty obvious. The Pre's battery is AWFUL, no matter what you fanboys think. The iPhone 3gs also last way longer from my real world tests.

3)Ditch the home button It is a blatant iPhone rip off and just looks tacky. Keep the Pixie design with the touchpad. Very original and sexy.

4)FIX THE MUTHER EFFIN KEYBOARD Sure you get used to it but it just sucks. Make the buttons longer, thicker, get as close to the blackberry keyboard design as possible.

5)5MP Camera(plus flash) with GOOD video recording Take a hint from Nokia, they have been very successful in that department. The N95 takes great photos and AWESOME videos.

6)....SLAP SPRINT FOR INCOMPETENCE Sprint has great plan pricing, coverage, data speeds, but phone pricing is mediocre at best. Screw the mail in rebates, sell the phone at $150, I've seen many missed sales after working at the Sprint store because the average consumer didn't know that the phone was only 199 after mail in rebate. Availability on all plans instead of just only the Everything Plans could also greatly expand the user base of the phone.

There you go. Hopefully you listen. Good luck and I hope you take my advice seriously Palm.
    1. Screen size is fine for me, I'd rather have a clearer display than a larger (and fuzzier) one.

2. Battery is pretty terrible. I picked up the Seidio 2600 Extended life battery and LOVE it! Not only can I use the phone for a long time before recharging, but it adds some welcome girth and weight for a better grip and balance while 2-handed texting. Sure it doesn't look as sleek and plasticy, but it sure feels more rugged!

3. Home button is fine by me as well. Not much to say about that really...

4. I didn't like small keypad at first ( I used my Blackberry Curve for a long time and hammered out words like nobody's business) but I adapted fairly quickly. Slightly larger keys would be welcome, but not NEEDED.

5. Yup. Camera leaves something to be desired and a video recorder is pretty standard nowadays.

6. Rebates are lame and insulting to the customer. Hence my deep love for Best Buy!!!

7. Something you left out here. Basic features that old Blackberrys have (like separate sounds for mms, sms, email, etc.) and selectable profiles are not something that should be left out. I miss emails all day long because I can't hear the oh-so-quiet tone that is made when they come in. Oh yeah, and these things get fine scratches sooooo easily! Say no to plastic screens and yes to harder compounds!

With all this being said, I still LOVE this phone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12