Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gizmodo is claiming its the Unlimited Mobile to Mobile:

Sprint Any Mobile: Unlimited Calls to All Mobile Numbers - Sprint any mobile - Gizmodo
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Oh great, one day after I sign up for Everything Data.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    I wonder how the pricing is gonna go though. I mean I pay $69 for my plan (data and 450 voice). I don't want to pay any more than that. I NEVER talk on the phone as it is. Also, there has to be a flat rate for non-smartphone and a flat rate for smartphones since it has data. I am very interested in seeing what they announce
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDownforce View Post
    Mobile to Mobile minutes are now good to any wireless carrier.

Mark my words...
    that would go against the simply everything plan, so no, that will not be the announcement.
    Well since the e-mail references the RightPlan Promise and ReadyNow, I'm sure it has to do with an announcement about customer service rather than a product.

Edit: Guess I was wrong :P
    Last edited by RenardRouge; 09/10/2009 at 10:53 AM.
    It's the 1.2 update. They served all of us.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Oh great, one day after I sign up for Everything Data.
    Did you get the Simply everything plan? Cuz the other plans dont' include unlimited minutes. Besides you can always change your plan without extending your contract.

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    that would go against the simply everything plan, so no, that will not be the announcement.
    Not everyone on Sprint is on the Simply everything plan.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    4G in your area a Pre with 4G radio (remember the new hardware code?).
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I wonder how the pricing is gonna go though. I mean I pay $69 for my plan (data and 450 voice). I don't want to pay any more than that. I NEVER talk on the phone as it is. Also, there has to be a flat rate for non-smartphone and a flat rate for smartphones since it has data. I am very interested in seeing what they announce
    I dont' think it's a change in plan price. I think it just means all mobile to mobile is now any mobile.
    If it's unlimited mobile to any carrier, I wonder how much it'd cost. I mean, it'd make my Everything 450 plan in effect an unlimited plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I dont' think it's a change in plan price. I think it just means all mobile to mobile is now any mobile.
    So it's kind of like "Simply Everything" but "Simply Free Minutes". Eh...that doesn't do me any good. I tell my friends, "Don't ever call me or leave me a voice message. Whatever that has to be said can be done via text in 160 characters". Yes, I actually do tell my friends this.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Did you get the Simply everything plan? Cuz the other plans dont' include unlimited minutes. Besides you can always change your plan without extending your contract.

Not everyone on Sprint is on the Simply everything plan.
    I think what he's saying is that Sprint is happy to get an extra $20-30 out of people for signing up for Simply Everything, and if they offered unlimited mobile to mobile on every plan then no one would bother with Simply Everything and Sprint would lose those $$$

However, I agree with you, it seems likely to be mobile to mobile.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    So it's kind of like "Simply Everything" but "Simply Free Minutes". Eh...that doesn't do me any good. I tell my friends, "Don't ever call me or leave me a voice message. Whatever that has to be said can be done via text in 160 characters". Yes, I actually do tell my friends this.
    Google voice + voice mail = awesome.

It turns voicemails into text and you can just read it in the Dialer app.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Simply Everything already gives most of us unlimited calls to any phone. I'm hoping for Simply Everything Family!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    I think what he's saying is that Sprint is happy to get an extra $20-30 out of people for signing up for Simply Everything, and if they offered unlimited mobile to mobile on every plan then no one would bother with Simply Everything and Sprint would lose those $$$

However, I agree with you, it seems likely to be mobile to mobile.
    The people I know with a simply everything plan spend alot of time making calls to other businesses, and spend a good portion of that time on with landlines.

Sprint's goal is to bring new customers in not nickel and dime current ones.
    Wait a minute...everyone here keeps saying a device or free mobile-to-ANY-mobile...remember that this announcement is only being extended to Sprint Premiere members. No S|P...you're S.O.L. and this doesn't apply to you; thus ruling out a device. It's a service to those who are S|P.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Wait a minute...everyone here keeps saying a device or free mobile-to-ANY-mobile...remember that this announcement is only being extended
    to Sprint Premiere members. No
    S|P...you're S.O.L. and this doesn't
    apply to you; thus ruling out a device.
    It's a service to those who are
    S|P.
    Well.. That means all pre users are in luck then.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Wait a minute...everyone here keeps saying a device or free mobile-to-ANY-mobile...remember that this announcement is only being extended to Sprint Premiere members. No S|P...you're S.O.L. and this doesn't apply to you; thus ruling out a device. It's a service to those who are S|P.
    No, they just said S|P hear it first. like .01 seconds faster if that now we have twitter.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Anyone with a smartphone gets free tethering restricted at 3G speeds (since they are at 3G anyway). Sprint will then phase out their 3G-only broadband cards and release 4G broadband cards and have those under a separate plan.

Sprint has the technology to funnel the amount of data out so it's not far fetched. Also, considering that everything is all about mobility etc, this would totally work. Also, have you guys noticed that Sprint is the only major carrier out of AT&T and Verizon that does not sell a netbook yet? Maybe they are forgoing that idea and just let people tether with their current laptops (who the heck buys a desktop these days anyway???). I dunno about you but I laugh at those netbook promotions from AT&T and Verizon. "Free Netbook with Broadband plan". Um...NO THANKS. Netbooks are what, 200 to 300 bucks? I'm not locking myself in a 2 years broadband plan.
    I believe that Sprint isn't pursuing the netbook route due to more and more manufacturers going with Gobi embedded chips, which allow you to use that netbook/laptop with any carrier. Not ruling out tethering, but I'd guess that is why the netbook push never happened. Gobi is now the way to go.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast