Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amcpeake View Post
    Yes on the unlimited wireless to wireless (any carrier) upgrade. Was calling sprint trying to get them to lower my net Pre Purchase to $149 from $199 (purchased on 8/26) and she told me about the announcement coming. Didnt get my $50 though....oh well.
    Would this be a free upgrade or would there be a cost involved?
    The email states it won't show on their website until tomorrow morning, so it is definatly not the 25% discount. Especially considering that is NOT a game changer. when prior all you needed was the card.

Now the mobile to mobile being to any mobile number sounds awesome. And I'm down for that.
    Didnt get my $50 though....oh well.
    Why not? It's posted on sprint.com that purchases in last 30 days can ask for a refund (bought my two on 8/28).
    ROTFL! You guys CRACK me up with the speculation from the merging with Dell to the HTC Hero (already announced!). I'm just sitting here chuckling. Thanks for a silly Wednesday.
    They are going to tell us that they are releasing the 1.2 update tommorow!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Sprint is merging with AT&T!
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 09/09/2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: I made a stupid comment
    Here are my speculations:

1. Free data plans (I would friggin DIE if they did this and hordes of customers would flock to Sprint).
    2. Unlimited Texting for ALL phones
    3. "Simply Everything" goes from $99 to $79 per month
    4. Every time you upgrade or if you're a new customer to Sprint, you get a $100 credit towards your bill (similar to what they WERE going to do with the Pre yesterday until they yanked it)
    5. Rollover minutes - BUT have some type of system where you can "cash" in your minutes for credit towards your bill or next phone.

Just a thought. I'm probably WAY off though. Would be nice to have the $79 simply everything plan though.
    They're gonna get the iPhone.
    Considering Sprint, it has to be something "new" and generate great buzz. I doubt they will follow the "Favorite" or "VIP 5" or whatever AT&T and T-MO are calling them these days.

Maybe for each customer, you'll actually have a customer rep follow you wherever you go just in case you have a question/issue. It'll kinda be like Verizon but it's just one rep. And they can afford it. I mean Sprint has what...100...200 customers at the most these days? Totally doable.
    Get a free Pre with every Pre. Not an extra line, just the hardware. That way, when your first one breaks (which it will), you already have a spare.
    LOL, they are going to give us 1.2.0

I think Sprint to ANY mobile is the game changer.....that would be AWESOME!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Actually...it's not far fetched here but I've read awhile back that Sprint was supposed to introduce a 4G compatible Android based phone end of Summer/beginning of Fall. But at the same time, this would totally derail the HTC Hero and Palm Pre/Pixi.

Maybe they are going to officially announce 4G is several major cities? This would be pretty nice since AT&T (just today) bragged about how they are upgrading their 3G. That would be a slap in AT&T's face. Then Apple would jump to Sprint and then 6 years go by, the iPod Touch will FINALLY get a built-in camera and the iPhone will just be getting 4G and an industry standard usb port.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Here are my speculations:

5. Rollover minutes - BUT have some type of system where you can "cash" in your minutes for credit towards your bill or next phone.
    +1. That would be cool
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I have been a premier customer for as long as they have had it and never have gotten a premier customer email so this better be good because if its some dumb **** like the email i keep getting from my personal rep (10% off monthly if i sign another 2 years and i still get my upgrades so 10% of my average 350 bill psh screw that) I will plan on flicking a booger at the next sprint person i see
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    They are gonna announce the Pixie!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidminor03 View Post
    I have been a premier customer for as long as they have had it and never have gotten a premier customer email so this better be good because if its some dumb **** like the email i keep getting from my personal rep (10% off monthly if i sign another 2 years and i still get my upgrades so 10% of my average 350 bill psh screw that) I will plan on flicking a booger at the next sprint person i see
    I am sure it's going to be a pretty huge announcement. Sprint won't send a pre-warning email like that and then do some crappy 10% discount agreement. It *should* (try to) change the playing field once again.
    "Get a free Pre with every Pre. Not an extra line, just the hardware. That way, when your first one breaks (which it will), you already have a spare."

Ha.............That is great!
    Anyone with a smartphone gets free tethering restricted at 3G speeds (since they are at 3G anyway). Sprint will then phase out their 3G-only broadband cards and release 4G broadband cards and have those under a separate plan.

Sprint has the technology to funnel the amount of data out so it's not far fetched. Also, considering that everything is all about mobility etc, this would totally work. Also, have you guys noticed that Sprint is the only major carrier out of AT&T and Verizon that does not sell a netbook yet? Maybe they are forgoing that idea and just let people tether with their current laptops (who the heck buys a desktop these days anyway???). I dunno about you but I laugh at those netbook promotions from AT&T and Verizon. "Free Netbook with Broadband plan". Um...NO THANKS. Netbooks are what, 200 to 300 bucks? I'm not locking myself in a 2 years broadband plan.
    Yes on the unlimited wireless to wireless (any carrier) upgrade. Was calling sprint trying to get them to lower my net Pre Purchase to $149 from $199 (purchased on 8/26) and she told me about the announcement coming. Didnt get my $50 though....oh well.
    I joined Sprint thru my fiance's plan and we upgraded to the everything family plan the first week of August, and i sort of remember us getting free any mobile-to-any mobile calling as a part of it. The guy at the sprint store who set up my Pre didn't say anything about it, and the future-wife did everything else online or thru cust service, so i don't know if anyone told her about it either.

On the other hand, Sprint purchased the rights to Sir Richard branson's Virgin Mobile earlier this summer, and i wonder if they are going to spice up the services available on the prepaid side of things.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast