Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre last week and sometimes when the phone is inactive, it just completly powers off. Also when I have the keyboard out and close it, it will also shut off (if I close the keyboard real slow it'll be ok). Then I have to go through the whole powering up sequence for it to turn on again.

Has anyone else had this problem? I went to the Sprint store and they said that some of the batteries were made slightly too short and replaced the battery. But now it's doing it again. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
    I had the same problem. I got a new battery a few days ago and it's been working fine ever since. You should just take it back to the sprint store. Pretty sure I've read that they'll replace it for free for 30 days.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Have it replaced. I had to go in twice for them to replace my first Pre that had the problem. You're in your 30 days (which shouldn't really matter) so they should not have an issue replacing it, especially for such a big issue (a phone that just cuts off randomly is pretty useless).

Just had my 2nd Pre replaced on Sunday for the same issue. Fortunately for me, the Pre shutdown right in front of the associate, and they ordered me one pretty quickly.
    Bok