1.    #1  
    Interesting ranking list, recently released. they have the Pre listed as sprint and verizon. Looks like the pre fairs OK radiation wise, 54th out of ??, so in the top ?? percent of phones.

I'm not particularly concerned about radiation, but i figured someone somewhere might be.

| Environmental Working Group

looks like there are less than 1000 as i originally stated, the article I found this from said 1000 phones, and i took them at face value
    Last edited by windzilla; 09/09/2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: correcting numbers
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Interesting ranking list, recently released. they have the Pre listed as sprint and verizon. Looks like the pre fairs OK radiation wise, 54th out of 1000, so in the top 6 percent of phones.

I'm not particularly concerned about radiation, but i figured someone somewhere might be.

| Environmental Working Group
    cool, i keep my pre in my pocket a lot neext to my junk
    good to know my junk will be less likely to grow a tumor
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Which one is number one? The microwave hack and radioactive spider thing turned out to be a bust and I'm itching to get me some super powers.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'll take more radiation for a better signal
    Maybe that's why it has such issues with signal strength?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Looks like the EWG released a new list according to this article (only posting to reference 2010 date): BlackBerry Bold-ly Tops Radiation Ranking | eWEEK Europe UK

Here is Full list showing Pre high up than some of its legitimate competitors: Get a Safer Phone | Environmental Working Group

And here is top and worst lists showing Baby Pixi as among WORST radiation: Get a Safer Phone | Environmental Working Group
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    the radiation unit is in watt per kilogram? so a light phone like pixi has a higher w/kg number? how does that make it more radiactive?

can anyone explain what the units are/mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    the radiation unit is in watt per kilogram? so a light phone like pixi has a higher w/kg number? how does that make it more radiactive?

can anyone explain what the units are/mean?
    Kilgram isn't referring to the weight of the phone. This article explains it better than any of us could:

Specific absorption rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Keep in mind, if its on the market, even if it has a high rating...it still meets Federal Regulation.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Keep in mind, if its on the market, even if it has a high rating...it still meets Federal Regulation.
    Phew, as long as the wise overloads say it's safe.