1.    #1  
    So with all this Palm Pixi hype...Its just a hardware change. I definitely like that Palm is expanding the market for their phones to a broader audience. But WebOS still has work that can be done. But i'm more annoyed that they are using the Pixi as a release date (Holiday Season) for WebOs updates. Why not release some stuff now for your Palm Pre 'Beta' Testers...we did pay you the extra $50.

Just hoping to spark up a discussion and remind Palm that we don't have to wait for Pixi to fix the WebOs problems. If anyone has an in to Palm, please speak up.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Where did it say that the Pixi release date was the date for WebOS changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    Where did it say that the Pixi release date was the date for WebOS changes?
    They never did. Palm has given no indication that they are waiting for the Pixi to be released to update WebOS.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    from what I read it did say "updates coming intergration of yahoo, facebook etc, would be released WITH the Pixi release..:"
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    They never did. Palm has given no indication that they are waiting for the Pixi to be released to update WebOS.
    This. To the OP, please don't make things up to spread your own agenda.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Yea i think the OP has some things confused because the webOS update is either today or somewhere near. With many more to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    from what I read it did say "updates coming intergration of yahoo, facebook etc, would be released WITH the Pixi release..:"
    One of the things they mentioned in the vid that was "coming with the Pixi" was Yahoo and LinkedIn support. You'll see with 1.2, LinkedIn is already there.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    While I agree with the OP that WebOS still needs work, and we shouldn't be distracted by new hardware, it is a good thing that the user base for WebOS will be bigger. More hardware running WebOS --> more users --> more development --> better OS --> wash, rinse, repeat...

And yea, I haven't heard that the WebOS update is being delayed to coincide with the release of Pixi.
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, I guess I meant some updates like LinkedIn, yahoo, facebook app. More apps. etc. The videos with the Heavy accent Indian guy seems to highlight WebOS more than physical phone. Since Palm has customers currently with WebOS available, talk about webos with pixi AND pre.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Keep in mind that with past Palm devices, ROM's were usually tied to the devices. With webOS, it is designed to work with all devices forth-coming (barring hardware descrepancies). So the softwared additions found in the Pixi will be pushed to us Pre owners, even if its released when the Pixi is released.

A note on the delayed 1.2 release...keep in mind that there are two ROM's they must now make (for our Bell bretheren). I still think they are waiting on Mr Jobs to finish his shindig before releasing 1.2 officially.
    no **** sherlock
    At least people won't be able to complain about Oreo on the Pixie/Pixi/Pixe/Pi%%%. Heard that enough already...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    OP, calm down.

First of all, you have no idea who the person was talking in the video. It could have been someone who has no insider knowledge, just answering questions in a way to not get him in trouble.

Second, ever think the reason they're holding off on this stuff is because it's not complete? Notice how they wouldn't show any more of the Facebook app and the guy speaking started watching his words very carefully. They've already caught enough slack for releasing a product that wasn't finished. They're obviously trying to not do that again. If they were to release it now, and it didn't work as everyone expects it to, you would make another thread complaining that it doesn't work.

This is what happens when you purchase the first generation of any product, you're the tester. Be happy that Palm is releasing updates at the speed they are. Most companies don't do that.