Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I was just watching Loaded on Cnet TV and they said according to Sprint, webOS 1.2 is coming out today. I don't know if it is true or not, but here is the link Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV.
    Delayed. On the PreCentral.net homepage. Kinda crappy, but I don't mind short delays that make things better.
    Hopefully they are making it better. If they release the same 1.2 that was leaked, im gonna be kinda super bummed. If they are delaying it to actually add more improvements then i can completely handle that. Lets go plam
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    How many more improvments do you think they could make by delaying it one day...if it's true it's even coming today?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yea, I doubt they're delaying the release to add any major features or improvements - whether they're holding it for a day or even a week... anything major would involve a completely new build.
    It most likely IS NOT coming today. They said anywhere from a couple of days to the end of the month. Nobody really knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
    Hopefully they are making it better. If they release the same 1.2 that was leaked, im gonna be kinda super bummed. If they are delaying it to actually add more improvements then i can completely handle that. Lets go plam
    Super bummed? Why? The leaked one is already a significant update over 1.1
    Probably referencing the leaked Sprint page.
    there source was from Engadget which is from yesterday
    so don't expect this information to be true and come today
    it might but that would be coincidence
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Super bummed? Why? The leaked one is already a significant update over 1.1
    Yeah it is, but i would like an included video camera app and possibly some more speed improvements, and maybe even some openGL.......Lol jk, i mean that would all be nice but i am not that greedy. But really i would be bummed because they would be delaying it for no reason. If they were improving 1.2 it would give them a reason to delay it, but if not it is just building anticipation and making us sufer
    They're likely holding it for marketing reasons (see if iTunes 9 breaks media sync), or to fix bugs. It is highly unlikely they'd be adding new features and testing those in the next week or two...
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Probably referencing the leaked Sprint page.
    I thought the same thing at first glance, but that page said v1.2.0 was being released yesterday. Who knows? Maybe CNET is on to something??
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by espio View Post
    I was just watching Loaded on Cnet TV and they said according to Sprint, webOS 1.2 is coming out today. I don't know if it is true or not, but here is the link Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV.
    I get this message now.
    We're sorry, but the page you requested could not be found.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    They're likely holding it for marketing reasons (see if iTunes 9 breaks media sync), or to fix bugs. It is highly unlikely they'd be adding new features and testing those in the next week or two...
    Yup!
  15. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    there source was from Engadget which is from yesterday
    so don't expect this information to be true and come today
    it might but that would be coincidence
    i didn't see any sources cited. they had a screen capture of Gizmodo, but that was regarding the Pixi
    Don't expect any more features than already "known" about. Sometimes during testing something "anomalous" can be noticed near the end of testing. They probably just want to test for a few more days to be sure (one way or the other) about what they are seeing. I'm guessing (just like the rest of us here) but I've been involved in enough software releases and test efforts to assure you that features are not added late in the testing cycle. (Doing so near the end risks destabilization and invalidates much of the testing that has already been done.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    This reminds me of what I have going on in youth soccer right now. I am on the board for the club. The target to get rosters out to coaches was Monday or Tuesday, it didn't happen. It will be out today. Why? We had some pretty minor things to deal with overall, but they had to be worked on and dealt with correctly so it got delayed until today. We are NOT making major overhauls to the rosters, or the teams themselves, just making sure all our ducks are in a row.

That is rosters for 46 teams which I have had calls and emails about today, not exactly a giant undertaking compared to an update hundreds of thousands of people are waiting for. A few extra days shouldn't be such a big deal and such a mystery to people. They are simply getting it ready in every way they need to and it will be out in due time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    i didn't see any sources cited. they had a screen capture of Gizmodo, but that was regarding the Pixi
    when i hit update button on my pre it says it can not connect to server.. is that the case for others to?
    MatterOfFactJack
  20. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ah, indeed (regarding the source)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast