Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I woke up this morning and noticed something different with my Pre, the gesture light was lit solid, if this was already a feature let me know. But I wake the phone up from sleep and sure enough a new text, email and voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I woke up this morning and noticed something different with my Pre, the gesture light was lit solid, if this was already a feature let me know. But I wake the phone up from sleep and sure enough a new text, email and voicemail.
    I think that is a coincidence. I believe I remember seeing that if you hold down the gesture area and start charging while doing this it will stay lit. Is this what happened? Are you running 1.1?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I think that is a coincidence. I believe I remember seeing that if you hold down the gesture area and start charging while doing this it will stay lit. Is this what happened? Are you running 1.1?
    Yes running 1.1 but no thats not what happend trust me if the light lit all night my wife would have kicked me to turn it off.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    The light does stay lit when the phone is charging if you check a text message and then turn the screen off...either that or your phone needs an exorcist.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    That happened to me once, Leke. I don't know why, and it never happened again after that.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    if you accidentally (or on purpose) leave your finger on the gesture area while turning the screen off the light will stay on whether you're charging or not could be it
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Hmm ok the only possible thing was my phone was on vibrate and in the middle of the night I guess I received either an email, text or a call/voicemail. The phone lit bright in the middle of the night I turned screen off, I didnt check what it was, only to notice the notification light when I woke up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    if you accidentally (or on purpose) leave your finger on the gesture area while turning the screen off the light will stay on whether you're charging or not could be it
    Yeah I've observed this happening quite often. Not sure how that got past 1.1 QA, but it wasn't present before 1.1.