Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    oh yea, so why wait and lets ask now! When is 1.3 coming???
    Hopefully not on whenever the next Friday the 1.3th rolls around.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Update 1.2 Monday, September 14, 2009.
    You sure that is the actual date of 1.2.0 to be released? How did you even get that info? guessed it or source...?

Wat i really want is a smoother browser, able to shoot VIDEOS, and a completed App Catalog! that is considered a big update.... but Im looking forward to 1.2 xD can't wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Update 1.2 Monday, September 14, 2009.
    I hope so 2
    Would you all be complaining about 1.2 not being out if yahoo and FB, as well as ITunes synch are together being added (sshhhhhh!!!)....??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Would you all be complaining about 1.2 not being out if yahoo and FB, as well as ITunes synch are together being added (sshhhhhh!!!)....??

IGO
    i dont mind facebook....dont give a ***** about yahoo and itunes sync
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Personally my attitud toward iTunes is don't upgrade to 9.0 . Lets face it people we all went with the Plam Pre so we could get away from Apple and there Nazi ways. So I say screw Apple and there propriatary your going to do it my (Steve Jobs) way. So I say to you Palm, no more iTunes syncs and just drop them like a bad habit. I know I can find other music syncing programs just as good as lameTunes. So with that said release webOs 1.2 without iTunes sync and lets just get on with enjoying our Palm Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap78k View Post
    Personally my attitud toward iTunes is don't upgrade to 9.0 . Lets face it people we all went with the Plam Pre so we could get away from Apple and there Nazi ways. So I say screw Apple and there propriatary your going to do it my (Steve Jobs) way. So I say to you Palm, no more iTunes syncs and just drop them like a bad habit. I know I can find other music syncing programs just as good as lameTunes. So with that said release webOs 1.2 without iTunes sync and lets just get on with enjoying our Palm Pre's.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ap78k View Post
    Yea my version of Itunes is beggin me to upgrade...i'm like hell naw. Not going for that "Apple commands you" stuff. My older version synches just fine. I also have DoubleTwist. I use that for pulling YouTube videos and I have Catalyst for converting DVDs. I'm all good!!!!!

IGO
    EDIT: Adding quote for what I was responding to:
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post

IGO
    Some of us may really just be trying to humor ourselves while we await possibly better days. I was pleasantly reassured by the reports from others who installed the accidentally leaked update. Still at the same time, we should really be preparing ourselves for little more than what was seen in that release. (The "theory of low expectations" usually helps avoiding disappointment upon receiving a software release.)

We might be able to "piece together" what actually happening now after the release, but my feeling is they might have discovered a "difficult to find/fix" bug late in their testing cycle. Getting "system behavior" like memory/CPU management just right takes art and considerable work. They're likely still trying to improve the base user experience. That will be a better payoff in the end than prematurely adding more features to a less than optimal (or buggy, depending on your perspective/fanboy_club) system.

In addition to reworking of code "behind the interfaces", I suspect we will see at least some reworking in the SDK/API itself. It's often difficult to not change such APIs when you find a better way. They'll really try to avoid API changes until WebOS 2.0 but some may be necessary. They might document some APIs that their current system testing is giving them some confidence in.

So my take is that Palm really has a challenge in that they need to firm up the SDK ASAP but they'll also want to have something solid enough for developers to capitalize on before the Thanksgiving through Christmas shopping season. They'll probably then not release any SDK changes (except for security/emergency fixes) until after the holidays. WebOS 2.0 will probably not be seen until mid next year with some key developers (under NDA) possibly getting some advance APIs to test in Q1/2010. These are just my thoughts. They really can't wait much longer than end of 1H/2010 to have improved SDKs/APIs if they want to remain competitive with competitor improvements and upcoming platforms.

Once Palm gets WebOS 1.2 out, they may have some headcount available to start improving the PIM features of the phone. Some key needs might show up in a WebOS 1.3 in mid/late Q1 or early Q2 of 2010, but that work would likely just be the result of programming to see how workable their current SDKs/APIs are. I don't think you will see substantial Palm-driven application improvements until after WebOS 2.0 comes out. You'll probably see some new/changed apps at the same time when WebOS 2.0 is released.

Let me stress again that the engineering staff at Palm seems to be top-notch and they're currently taking the long term view that they need for longer-term success. Be patient. It's OK for us to "vent" here, but keep things in perspective and you likely will be both happier now and down the road.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    @Clancy

All that was just my point, things being added...moved around...adjusted...tested over and over. It all takes time and what we get in the end is a solid update of the balanced type.Meaning, a few tweeks/upgrades that we like and correction/improvement that they see that are needed!!...
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456