Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    The clock is running! How long will it take Palm to fix iTunes sync?

I think that iTunes sync will be a huge time waister for Palm. Continuing to play Spy vs Spy with Apple waists resources Palm needs elsewhere.

ITunes sync leaves files and directory names an unintelligible mess.

Syncing ouside iTunes like Missing Sync and others do makes more sense. You get meaningful file and directory names and Apple can't block your sync.
    how the hell did you spell unintelligible correctly but failed with waste, twice!?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah but 1.1 did more than just itunes synch. If iTunes is really what delayed the update, they could have just given us 1.2, and do a 1.2.1 once they figure out the iTunes issue.
    i was thinking the same thing
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    I believe 1.2 is being delayed due to some app catalog issues rather than the itunes theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    I believe 1.2 is being delayed due to some app catalog issues rather than the itunes theory.
    Its possible. The iTunes thing is speculation, no one aside from Palm (and I guess sprint) really knows whats going on, and we might never find out the real reason.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I keep checking my phone for the update but nada.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    My guess is this is delayed to keep playing the cat and mouse game with Apple
    -m
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Is the fact that I get an "Unable to connect" message when I try to update a good sign?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Well, Sprint is back down to version 1.1 on their site. I guess we'll be waiting for a while. I have 1.2 but I cannot get into the app cat and no tweeks except more pages and the blinking light notification. It does seem more responsive like others have said. I guess what i'm saying is, don't get to excited because your going to lose alot of cool tweeks when it comes, even though a few things were added, I miss all of the functions homebrew gave us with 1.1
    Given that the App Catalog is coming out very soon, i dont expect the update to be delayed longer than next week.

I just believe they are working out some kinks ( possibly itunes sync, but i hope thats not the reason for the delay).

We just need to be patient, as exciting as it is. It is almost here. As soon as we get it, I know we all are going to ask the question.... when is 1.3 coming??
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    Given that the App Catalog is coming out very soon, i dont expect the update to be delayed longer than next week.

I just believe they are working out some kinks ( possibly itunes sync, but i hope thats not the reason for the delay).

We just need to be patient, as exciting as it is. It is almost here. As soon as we get it, I know we all are going to ask the question.... when is 1.3 coming??
    that is very true!!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    oh yea, so why wait and lets ask now! When is 1.3 coming???
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    oh yea, so why wait and lets ask now! When is 1.3 coming???
    tonight at midnight!
    Screw 1.3...... how about 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    tonight at midnight!
    Probbably the midnight before the next big APPLE news, or (assuming palm fixes itunes sync) a week after the next itunes sync break lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Screw 1.3...... how about 2.0?
    Thats what im talking about! A major update that has so much that we will not even need another update for a very long time.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Update 1.2 Monday, September 14, 2009.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    how the hell did you spell unintelligible correctly but failed with waste, twice!?
    FINALLY my Pre has a spell checker!

I would have never expected it to be called "cashen" though
    Last edited by TomD; 09/10/2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    lol. I do the same thing.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Update 1.2 Monday, September 14, 2009.
    ???? where did this date come from. Sure are a lot of dates floating around out there! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Is the fact that I get an "Unable to connect" message when I try to update a good sign?
    Yesterday, for a period, I also got the "Unable to connect" message when trying to connect over WiFi. If you turn of your WiFi and connect over EvDO/Sprint, the connection should go through. (I assumed either someone was having a routing problem or that Sprint disabled the download from outside their own servers, or both.) It would be cool to think we're such a massive force that network operators disabled to free up connections that were just going to wait for a timeout anyway. Somehow I doubt we are that big of a force, but it's nice to dream big!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast