Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Probably waiting for Apple to announce today that it is going to break the itunes sync. If they do break it, Palm is probably going to include the fix for it, lol. Gotta find my popcorn cuz this is hilarious.
    Ya, should be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    They could of released it last night then sent out another update later instead of delaying.
    well if 1.2.0 is doing some system level stuff, it makes sense to bundle it together for the sake of completeness

they might also want to make sure that w/e fix they have to push won't interfere with what they might already be pushing...

it makes me feel better knowing they are more interested in taking their time to ensure functionality than just whipping out updates on a whim... palm knows what their doing
    They could of released it last night then sent out another update later instead of delaying.
    I think is better they delay it, instead of making it seem like they messed up on the 1.2 release, and had to send out an "emergency fix" a day later... You guys know how media twists things...
    What's wrong with the 1.2 that you got?
    The browser's memory management leaves a lot to be desired, the browser gets slow on sites with big images, also gets slow after using it a while. The Data Usage switch is also in a pretty unintuitive place, most people would be annoyed by it, not to mention, when data usage is disabled and WiFi enabled, the phone still puts WiFi to sleep when the screen is off and it's not plugged in, annoyance city. I actually sent Palm some feedback on that, so hopefully it gets implemented the way I've suggested. Thats just what I can remember off the top of my head, there might be more I'm forgetting.
    I'm sure in webos 24.6, Apple will give up on breaking itunes sync.
    I'm sure in webos 24.6, Apple will give up on breaking itunes sync.
    i think itunes 22 will be the death of third party sync
    Quote Originally Posted by mslayer82 View Post
    I also think that's what they're waiting for... they probably have the fix for the itunes sync issue (if it becomes one) and they're just holding off in case they need it
    Well I think that the wait is good as long they will give us something to make my pre better phone!!
    WebOS 52.36 we will get visual voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by onedeep View Post
    i'm sure in webos 24.6, apple will give up on breaking itunes sync.
    roflmao
    With patience, comes great things!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    i think itunes 22 will be the death of third party sync
    I agree. Itunes 22 will also need a damn super computer to run that resource hungry POS!!! lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    2,475 Global Posts
    This iTunes rational is retarded. With so many other sync options why would Palm delay an update on the basis of what Apple does? Release 1.2...and if its that serious release a minor update allowing the Pre to sync with iTunes later. I highly doubt the world will end if we can't sync our Pre's with iTunes. I use Windows Media Player to sync my music anyway. In additon to that you can easily transfer files over the traditional click and drag into the music folder way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    This iTunes rational is retarded. With so many other sync options why would Palm delay an update on the basis of what Apple does? Release 1.2...and if its that serious release a minor update allowing the Pre to sync with iTunes later. I highly doubt the world will end if we can't sync our Pre's with iTunes. I use Windows Media Player to sync my music anyway. In additon to that you can easily transfer files over the traditional click and drag into the music folder way.
    palm cares about their entire user base, not just you... for some people IT IS a big deal...
    This is funny. Folks are speculating on the reasons for a delay of an update (that only had a rumored release date), then blaming Palm for bad decisions on the speculative "reason".

I really like this forum, but sometimes I just sit here in amazement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that in 1.2 you can sync photos in itunes. Palm is really trying to get itunes to work. And like alot of Pre and future webos users alot of people used itunes and know how to use it even if they don't have an ipod or iphone. Its easy and free. I don't use the itune store but if palm create they own music store inside the app catalog I will use that.
    Well it looks from the post its only going to be a couple of days. Probably a week at most. (hopefully)
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    i for one am one of the people that use itune and am a mac user. i tried using win media player on my pc when i had a touch diamond and it was awful. i am very happy with itune and it serves me well. i am sure there are other program out there that's prob better than itune, but for me it's a huge plus that i can sync my pre with itune.
    I do not believe the delay is due to Apple breaking the Pre's itunes media syncing ability. Apple has already stated that future builds of itunes will allow third party hardware syncing. I think it may just be an issue of fine tuning and polishing this update.

I agree with the one post which stated that Palm did NOT officially announce this update so they are not under any obligation to release it at any said date.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    I do not believe the delay is due to Apple breaking the Pre's itunes media syncing ability. Apple has already stated that future builds of itunes will allow third party hardware syncing. I think it may just be an issue of fine tuning and polishing this update.

I agree with the one post which stated that Palm did NOT officially announce this update so they are not under any obligation to release it at any said date.
    i thought it was a fake that apple itune will support third party hardware.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Well that sucks.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast