Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    So far I have only experienced minor issues such as freezing and e-mail lag, but last night while I was listening to Pandora, the phone suddenly froze and wouldn't unfreeze until I closed Pandora. That's when I noticed that in the top left corner where it normally says "Sprint" it said "Offline" instead. The phone finally came back online but now my sounds don't work and text messages won't show up in the messages folder even though when I get a notification, it opens up in the text folder. *sigh*

I have no choice but to take it in at this point and exchange it. I've tried restarting and even pulled the battery out, but the problems persist. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a fix?
    mine has done that too. I have a couple of homebrew apps installed and Im pretty sure i know who the culprit is. I love DrPodder to death, its an awesome app; however, it is still beta so it crashes, hangs, leaks memory etc. Most of the problems i've been having are due to that app. But i still run it, because i LOVE IT i'll live with it for now

maybe try the webOS doctor. or wait until 1.2 is out and use the webOS doctor then
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thanks, Edgar, but did you find a way to fix any of the issues you've been having?

I have a couple homebrew apps installed, but not Dr. Prodder. I also rarely use them, so I don't think they are the culprit.

Right now I have the volume turned all the way up for system sounds, but not all the sounds work. Also, when I get a text, it doesn't show up in the text folder. I have to go into my contacts, open up the contact name and choose SMS to see the text. Grrr...
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i would try WebOS doctor, the swap out you get may not be good either lol
    Mine has done that in the past but it was only with earlier builds of WebOS. I just wrote it off as the price one pays for being an early adopter. If you are having those issues, I'd try just doing a full restore on the thing and seeing if that'll help with your problems.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Mine has done that in the past but it was only with earlier builds of WebOS. I just wrote it off as the price one pays for being an early adopter. If you are having those issues, I'd try just doing a full restore on the thing and seeing if that'll help with your problems.
    How do I do that?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Having tons of offline problems lately. After phonecalls especially then I can't go back online without a reboot. Still can't figure this one out but its a major pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    How do I do that?
    Go to "Device Info" which is on the 3rd page of the application launcher. Scroll down to the bottom and theres a button that says "Reset Options". And you get three options. Only do the full restore if you have everything backed up(like pictures and MP3s and other stuff). I haven't had this problem for at least a month though.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    my phone would go offline when trying to load preware. Turning on and off airplane mode would fix the issue for me.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    mine has done that too. I have a couple of homebrew apps installed and Im pretty sure i know who the culprit is. I love DrPodder to death, its an awesome app; however, it is still beta so it crashes, hangs, leaks memory etc. Most of the problems i've been having are due to that app. But i still run it, because i LOVE IT i'll live with it for now
    Wow, all I've ever heard from you over in the drPodder thread is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    man, i think i love you !!!! LOL

thanks mate
    If you have some problems, please, come over and post about them in the drPodder thread. I'd love to try to resolve them!

Thanks, and to add something useful to the discussion - before I even started development with drPodder, I noticed this issue. I also found that going to airplane mode and back (as as4life mentioned) would normally fix it. Never found any "cause" for it though.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Try doing "stop java-serviceboot && start java-serviceboot" give it a min and see if that brings it back...

you can also try "pkill java"
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    my phone would go offline when trying to load preware. Turning on and off airplane mode would fix the issue for me.
    I tried that and it didn't work. I eventually had to delete the contact info for the people that messages weren't working on and re-enter them. That seemed to fix it, but it was a PITA to do.

As for the sounds, they keep coming on and off. My phone also just randomly rebooted about 15 minutes ago. WTF is going on??? Do you think the update is causing this???
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    WTF!!! Now I'm not receiving emails!! I haven't even had the phone 30 days yet!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    My phone has done this a few times. I believe my issue is coming from pager nagger. It only happens when I keep the msg app open and the phone goes to sleep. Its only been about 3 times, and I soft reset it each time. Only once did that not work, but went away after a few minutes.

I like pager nagger too much to get rid of it, so I'm not 100% sure its the cause.
    My phone was just stuck in "offline" mode for 3 1/2 hours! I was a nervous wreck because outside of my wifi I had NO means of communication! Finally after taking out the battery and restarting it it came back on with the bars showing. The only thing is now I don't think it's charging properly I switched from a BB which was extremely hard as I have traditionally been anti Palm. I thought that this phone would be an exception to the turmoil of problems I saw people go through with the treo/centro...guess I was wrong!