1.    #1  
    I can see all of my conversations in Messaging but if I touch to open them to read, they highlight but will not open. Same with for accessing friends in the Buddies section of Messaging.

Any idea what's going on?
    Just happened to me too. Right after I installed PreWare.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with messaging too! Since last night! Blaaaah.
    when i had preware and the virtually KB, messaging would not launch.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I removed it all, including every app, and I can see the messaging screen, but can't open a conversation. And when I click on a notification, I get a blank screen.
    I had the same problem. For me, it happened after I installed the landscape messaging tweak through WebOS Quick Install.

Anyway, the solution is pretty simple just follow post #4's instructions in the following link: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/201061-messaging-not-working-after-webos-tweaks.html

Also, if you have applied any of the messaging tweaks be sure to uncheck them. I think this problem happened to me because I didn't wait for the phone's UI to come back after I checked off each tweak, so be sure to allow time for the UI to come back in between unchecking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    I removed it all, including every app, and I can see the messaging screen, but can't open a conversation. And when I click on a notification, I get a blank screen.

when i removed it, i:

unchecked all hacks using the webos install, removed preware and the other thing, and then rebooted the pre for good measure.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I took the plunge and did the WebOSDoctor reset (wasn't too painful really). Wish I had seen dmglouis post first. Oh well...

Now I can try to put the landscape messaging back on.
    The fix at forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/201061-messaging-not-working-after-webos-tweaks.html works great. Seems to keep happening when I try the landscape messaging and message forwarding. oh well. Easy to fix.